AMS2 1.5 hour race | Historic Multiclass | SPA 1993 | Thursday December 8th

Automobilista 2 Racing Club event
@Guido Trampe
No need for early build/beta branch etc. anymore for this race? I remember you had that when you first posted the thread!
I'll see if I'll be able to join the server tonight to check that everything works. I mean, looking at AMS2 on Steam - considering I've done 3 races at RD in the game, I really ain't that familiar with the game!

View attachment 621990
No. Thats not needed any more. But join us tonight on practice server just to be sure………. And practise…

reporting sick from work?

I run kiosks at a couple of football stadiums in Norway. Our season is from March to early December, but due to the World Cup, the season concluded mid-November.
So basically I am cramming in a full year of work in March-November/December, and only work sporadically through winter.
With some exceptions, I now how "holiday" until February-ish :)

EDIT: Problem is, as I work well over 100% during the in-season months, I postpone plans, so I always play catch-up the first weeks after the season ends :p Doing all the things I meant to do during summer/autumn.

where to find this option? I really need that :)
In discord option under keybinds,
Add keybind, choose what you want to activate and bind a Button...

Very easy

Intterested to know. Since all the cras we are using had H shifters back in the day. Wich purist will actually use the H shifter for the race? I myself will be using seq shifter.

Me H-Shifter all the way, shifting always like in the real Pendants...(although leaving it always on the right, even in RHD cars, so I'm like a 5% chicken also LOL)
This is the way!

Last edited:
Game works. Buttons work. Pitting works. Wipers Work. Too bright to see if lights work, but the instruments inside the car had light, so I guess that works as well.

Not tested as much as tonight for a couple of years :p Looking forward to tomorrow now, even though it looks like the Porsche is a bit to slow in GT!

EDIT: Oh, and Turn 1 on Lap 1. dangerous

One little question. From what time on will the race Server be up?

I also drive with H-shifter. Ever since I started this I don't want to go back.
Even if I'm probably a bit slower with it. But it's a lot more fun. :thumbsup:
I would not say that you are necessarily slower with an h-shifter...at least i am not I think.

In RF2 for example, the h-shift modeling f.e. is pretty bad.
There you don't even have to use the clutch, just lift the throttle and in it goes.
In other game like raceroom and also ams2 you just have to be pretty precise with it, cause they model it better.
Just my personal opinion though!

Really looking forward to tonight, will be good!!!

Almost a full grid for this one, great to see :) Hope you all have fun. I couldn’t make this one as I’m working lates this week. I did some practice with various cars and got on best with the group C Porsche and GTP. The length of the event and variable conditions would be a struggle for me at the moment but I’ll be looking to join future events.

Server is up now, it's the same as yesterday's server: practice is set for an hour. We will need to restart the server at 18:30 UTC to be in sync with the race timing. So, @ 6:30 UTC tonight if you are on the server, I'll be asking you to log out so we can reset.

And to repeat: Everyone needs to be on Discord.

Last edited:
even though it looks like the Porsche is a bit to slow in GT!
Yes I think the (GT) Porsche loses around 2 secs to the Corvette in S1 and then another sec or so in S3 - the twistier bit in S2 though they seem about equal, but on the straights the Corvette pulls away easily...

Edit - be interested to see what the tyre / fuel use is like on the Corvette and whether that affects the overall times

Last edited:
Edit - be interested to see what the tyre / fuel use is like on the Corvette and whether that affects the overall times
That will be an interesting part of tonight yes. I am driving the "slower" Porsche but see chances, assuming te Vette is a real USA car and drinks gasoline like a Camel after a week in the dessert :)

Last edited:
Yes I think the (GT) Porsche loses around 2 secs to the Corvette in S1 and then another sec or so in S3 - the twistier bit in S2 though they seem about equal, but on the straights the Corvette pulls away easily...

I duuno, I've tried corvette, and it's so much harder to be consistent in the turns compared to Porsche... I wouldn't risk it. And anyways, ~2:40ish is completely achievable in porsh, that seems pretty OK for me.

The other Porsche is doing 2.10 ish. Also slower then the USA V8. Also interested how this will turn out tonight. Actually nice to not know allready.
Crewchief will have a hard time keeping up :)

I duuno, I've tried corvette, and it's so much harder to be consistent in the turns compared to Porsche... I wouldn't risk it. And anyways, ~2:40ish is completely achievable in porsh, that seems pretty OK for me.

Now I got curious. Almost so I want to test the Vette to get a feel for it.
Would be very typical me, spending "practice"-time in a car I'm not going to race :D

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.