AMS2 1.5 hour race | Historic Multiclass | SPA 1993 | Thursday December 8th

Automobilista 2 Racing Club event
In the end, the driving I had close to you and when I lapped @Bas Kriesels was the only times I actually had another GT close during the 81 minutes I got to drive :p

You humble bragger, you.;) If I'd got fuel in my L20 pit stop, you and I would have been in close proximity I think for the rest of the race, disconnects notwithstanding. I had an issue with the bus stop on L1 and there after I was a little scared of it, but otherwise feel I had the lap sorted. I came in from 2nd & was going to only add fuel for my 1 stop and leave the tyres as they had plenty of life in them, this'd save about 20 seconds in the stop. Pitcrew had other ideas and....race over. I love this game, but sometimes I want to smash it in to little pieces and then set fire to it.

You humble bragger, you.;) If I'd got fuel in my L20 pit stop, you and I would have been in close proximity I think for the rest of the race, disconnects notwithstanding. I had an issue with the bus stop on L1 and there after I was a little scared of it, but otherwise feel I had the lap sorted. I came in from 2nd & was going to only add fuel for my 1 stop and leave the tyres as they had plenty of life in them, this'd save about 20 seconds in the stop. Pitcrew had other ideas and....race over. I love this game, but sometimes I want to smash it in to little pieces and then set fire to it.

How little fuel did you need when you stopped? :confused:
I stopped at halfway, and had to fill 90l (I ended up choosing 94 just in case). That took way longer time than changing tyres. To save 20 seconds on the stop, you'd only need 5-6 seconds of fuel? The tyres were changed at the same time as fuel was put in, so that made it easy to decide to change tyres as I had to fuel it for longer anyway.

Watching your YT video clearly showed you would have needed to bend space and time as the speed difference (on the straights) was outrageous:)

You should've seen me send the Porsche sideways, rally-style into T1. I did that a couple of times during practice. Brake late enough and then also hard enough to just about lock the rear wheels when turning in, making La Source to a rally-hairpin :cool:

I, together with a few others, am one of the most experienced drivers here, I had my first multiclass race in 2002, so I've litterally had thousands of races under my belt over the years, some of it in esports in my younger years before simracing became a craze as it is now and I have to say that everyone, from my POV, handled the challenge with honors really, its such a difficult environment to be in if you're not used to it, very stressfull. To me, Ole, Magnus and probably also Enzo, it comes natural to go on the outside to pass GT's, through Pouhon and the following Campus right-left, but everywhere else aswell. I passed people on the outside everywhere, including Busstop and it isnt a big deal with experience, but the main objective is just to hold your line and be predictable. I saw a few guys slowing up excessively and moving out of the way all the way off the track. While the thought behind it is appreciated, it dosent help the situation. Just hold your line and all will be ok.
Now, when it comes to a Gr. C lapping a Gr. C, its a different story - the lapping car should just give way by slowing a little on the straights. I had one Gr. C where I had to get stern to send a message, but thankfully that happends rarely.

With that said, I look forward to more races like this, they always have more hype and attract more drivers. Calling them 'special events' or something could be an idea :)

Last edited:
How little fuel did you need when you stopped? :confused:
Although the fuel and tyres are both actioned at the same time they do have an impact on the total time of the stop in relation to each other. In the Pitstop strategy window my fuel/tyre combo was about 58 seconds total - Fuel was a full tank, as I didn't want to mess with calculations and perhaps run out - But by going to fuel only it became 38 secs or there abouts. I could have just left it or used my other strategy of 17 laps of fuel, but I was doing the adjustments in the ICM going through Blanchimont. Anyway, it ended with a whimper and a dry tank for me.

Although the fuel and tyres are both actioned at the same time they do have an impact on the total time of the stop in relation to each other. In the Pitstop strategy window my fuel/tyre combo was about 58 seconds total - Fuel was a full tank, as I didn't want to mess with calculations and perhaps run out - But by going to fuel only it became 38 secs or there abouts. I could have just left it or used my other strategy of 17 laps of fuel, but I was doing the adjustments in the ICM going through Blanchimont. Anyway, it ended with a whimper and a dry tank for me.

Are you sure?
1670612752729.png

This is from my stream. 31.53 seconds, 4 tyres & 90l of fuel (out of a maximum 100l).

Did you forget to remove potential damage repairs?

With that said, I look forward to more races like this, they always have more hype and attract more drivers. Calling them 'special events' or something could be an idea :)
Save the day guys. Thursday January 5th. Special event incomming. More details will follow. It will be a long drive in the country of V8’s, turn lefts and cubic inches…

Last edited:

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 35 25.7%
  • More leagues

Votes: 27 19.9%
  • Prizes

Votes: 25 18.4%
  • Trophies

Votes: 15 11.0%
  • Forum trophies