Pacific Coast

Tracks Pacific Coast 1.0

Login or Register an account to download this content
If I may add to the "wishlist" for LAC, Pacific Coast and Union Island.. I recently saw and tried a breakthrough feature in AC: AI traffic cars in multiplayer! I tried them on a Shutoko server, and it is so much more fun to navigate traffic while at the same time driving with other "real" drivers.
They are not perfect: they stay in their lane, stop if you stop in front of them, and not much more (I think i heard them sound the honk and also use the emergency lights).
I don't know how they did that: all I know is that I did not need anything on my side, i just joined the server.
Here is a video of a guy driving on that/those servers:

Last edited:
Great track, i got the extras pack, thanks for your awesome work on this project! Is there a tweak to remove or raise the speed limit on the other cars?
you can edit the ai_hints.ini in each layouts
example : C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\assettocorsa\content\tracks\pacific_coast\traffic_two_way\data

where you have the maxspeed_## lines
you can set the VALUE= to a km/h

Amazing Phoenix and crew! Thank you so much! Saw someone post about 12k textures, how do we get those? Also, can't seem to get Rain to work in CSP/SOL... do I need to do anything special?
The 12K Terrain Texture is a separate file you can download via my store... I can add whatever files I like to the list... Which is an advantage using my store vs only being able to upload a single Zip file to RD.

Expect an upcoming addition of a few more Cruise Layouts.......
Maybe some Drift layouts as well!
Great track, i got the extras pack, thanks for your awesome work on this project! Is there a tweak to remove or raise the speed limit on the other cars?
Just for info Two-Way traffic limit is 60mph.... Mansion Traffic speed limit is 70mph... If you want faster, you may as well jump on a server... No one sticks to the speed limit online (Maybe a police presence is required oneday) :D

or you can edit the ai_hints.ini as Ben says... In addition to bens instructions... only adjust the highest kmph values, the lower speeds are used to calm them down at the loop round points)

E.g In the Two-Way ai_hints.ini
[MAXSPEED_0]
START=0
END=0.496950
VALUE=90

[MAXSPEED_1]
START=0.496950
END=0.499775
VALUE=55

[MAXSPEED_2]
START=0.499775
END=0.994475
VALUE=90

[MAXSPEED_3]
START=0.994475
END=0.999180
VALUE=55

[MAXSPEED_4]
START=0.999180
END=1
VALUE=90

Only alter the VALUE=90 to whatever max speed you want (in Km/h)
The AI should stay nicely in their lane, no matter what Max Speed you use.
Use AI cars with similar PWR's if you don't want trains of cars building up.

In my opinion around 90 - 100mph is a good speed for these roads... and is very similar to being online. Around double the legal speed limit.

IF using Trackday.... No more than 15 AI cars!!! Turn off fuel consumption if they stop in the road.
I dont understand, i only have norhtbound, southbound and cruise but where i can found mansion for online?
You can get the extras here >>> Pacific Coast Extras Pack
Be sure to follow all the instructions... Most importantly only install the 1.0 from RD to start with. Any previous versions (Incl Pre-Release) won't work with the Extras Pack.

When installing the Extras... Allow ALL overwrites as requested.

Last edited:
Just writing to say this is incredible. I bought LA Canyons because of it. It's unreal what people are doing on such an old game. Can't image if what kind of things we would see with a modern modding platform. This, Canyons, and Shutoko are so much fun.

Outstanding work on this!What a blast with its road feel.So good.
Is there a way to edit aihints to try to overtake on traffic layout?If yes I hope someone can write it here so I can try.Thanks!

Just writing to say this is incredible. I bought LA Canyons because of it. It's unreal what people are doing on such an old game. Can't image if what kind of things we would see with a modern modding platform. This, Canyons, and Shutoko are so much fun.
Thanks mate... I think you need to add Union Island to that list... an absolute masterpiece, like a Picasso ;)
Outstanding work on this!What a blast with its road feel.So good.
Is there a way to edit aihints to try to overtake on traffic layout?If yes I hope someone can write it here so I can try.Thanks!
Thanks glad you're having a blast :)

Fortunately for everyone, I will never ever let Assetto AI overtake on my Two-Way Traffic layouts!... They are as blind as a bat to oncoming cars, they are hard coded to only look for cars going in the same direction (e.g on race tracks), and will cause pathetic headon collisions, start draining performance and generally look :poop:

This is exactly the reason I split my tracks down the centreline in 3DS Max and prevent the AI from overtaking.
If I couldn't have prevented them from overtaking, I wouldn't have even bothered doing the Traffic Layouts.

螢幕擷取畫面 2021-11-10 233619.jpg

Nice track! Love driving near the sea. Thank you for your great job.

Quick Question, Noticed if I drive to the left side from pit. There is a grey object in the sky. What's it? Is it able to remove it?
Although it looks like UFO. lol.

Hi Phoenix,
The southbound layout crash the game online, not sure why because i don't have the tool to read the CSP dump file. Offline i get the "Race cancelled" error.
If i switch my server to the northbound layout with same cars/conditions, it load just fine.
I'm on last CSP preview and last Sol beta.

Edit: nevermind, the whole game was going bonkers, race cancelled on every track. Looks like the last Pure preview was the guilty.

Last edited:
Good afternoon Malta could someone help me
I'm new to these things, I have a assetto corssa and I can't
play on the pacific coast track
I put the file in the correct folder of the asset, and the track appears in the game but when I play it says (pacific coast not found) :( I installed Content Manager, and it says the same error :(
says (track not found) sory
Can you help me, thanks
Moved from wrong section hope someone can help him.

Last edited:
OK.I understand haha
Thanks again for your awesome mods.
No worries, thanks! :) View attachment 516469
Nice track! Love driving near the sea. Thank you for your great job.

Quick Question, Noticed if I drive to the left side from pit. There is a grey object in the sky. What's it? Is it able to remove it?
Although it looks like UFO. lol.
Hmmmm that van either has a very long surf board, it's a strange cloud... or as the U.S.A.F often claimed... It's a weather balloon ;) lol Restart your session and it will... fly away :D
Moved from wrong section hope someone can help him.
Cheers @Kenny Paton

@António Mendes seems like you've installed the Pacific Coast Extras Pack... Without first installing the main track from RD.
or you've just dragged the file into Content Manager.

Delete any pacific_coastxxxx folder from your assettocorsa/content/tracks folder and start the install process again... Following the instructions in the PCH_Install.txt, then install the Extras Pack... Following the install instructions included... Importantly allowing ALL requested overwrites when installing the Extras Pack.

Hi Phoenix,
The southbound layout crash the game online, not sure why because i don't have the tool to read the CSP dump file. Offline i get the "Race cancelled" error.
If i switch my server to the northbound layout with same cars/conditions, it load just fine.
I'm on last CSP preview and last Sol beta.

Edit: nevermind, the whole game was going bonkers, race cancelled on every track. Looks like the last Pure preview was the guilty.
Cheers mate, glad you got it sorted... I guess Pure & Innocent doesn't apply here :D

Hey. I have just downloaded your track but I am having huge issues with FFB. My wheel is going crazy even when the car is not moving and when it does the FFB is disturbingly strong. I have tried different FFB settings but nothing changes. I only have this issue with this specific track. Any idea how to fix this?

Fantastic road! I am really impressed with the amount of detail. However, I get pretty low frame rates, especially when looking straight along the road. Are there any LODs?

@Phoenix77 & anyone looking for more FPS - i have created a CSP config (attached) with some LOD adjustments that increases my FPS by ~12%.

To achieve ~60 fps, I had to lower World Detail to medium and AF to 4x. Even so, this track pushes my VRAM usage right up to my 2GB limit and causes windows to report that: Video memory resources are over-utilized and there is thrashing happening as a result.

Attachments

• pacific_coast_hwy.ini
    374 bytes · Views: 64
Last edited:
@Phoenix77 & anyone looking for more FPS - i have created a CSP config (attached) with some LOD adjustments that increases my FPS by ~12%.

To achieve ~60 fps, I had to lower World Detail to medium and AF to 4x. Even so, this track pushes by VRAM usage right up to my 2GB limit and causes windows to report that: Video memory resources are over-utilized and there is thrashing happening as a result.
thanks for the tips
i've added those to the github file ;) (which was empty so far)

Thanks for the great track! A small question. On Pacific Coast the bushes look too bright when in the shadow. Is this normal or am I missing some AC/CSP/SOL setting? I think there is no such issue in LAC for example. See photo for example:

1636989652793.png

Last edited:

Latest News

To join the OverTake Racing Club races I want them to be: (multiple choice)

• Free to access

Votes: 83 90.2%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 15 16.3%
  • Better structured racing club forum

Votes: 15 16.3%
  • More use of default game content

Votes: 9 9.8%
  • More use of fixed setups

Votes: 25 27.2%
  • No 3rd party registration pages

Votes: 29 31.5%