Pacific Coast

Tracks Pacific Coast 1.0

Login or Register an account to download this content
@Phoenix77 & anyone looking for more FPS - i have created a CSP config (attached) with some LOD adjustments that increases my FPS by ~12%.

To achieve ~60 fps, I had to lower World Detail to medium and AF to 4x. Even so, this track pushes my VRAM usage right up to my 2GB limit and causes windows to report that: Video memory resources are over-utilized and there is thrashing happening as a result.
Hi, thanks for that... World detail to medium is a good start, as a lot less foliage / objects will be rendered.

AF x4, on tracks with continuous centrelines will result in blurriness, and in my opinion that won't be good. (As discussed in the other thread a few times).

Have you got AF set to x4 in AC / CM settings?? If so, as advised before, turn it off in game, and overide in your GPU's control panel to x16. Ingame AF is not efficient!

And without meaning to be that 'You need to upgrade' guy... 2GB is possibly now approaching the lower end of the hardware GPU RAM spectrum, especially if the many CSP bells and whistles are turned on. Although PCH isn't anywhere near as mammoth as LAC... It's still not a small track, with views for a good 10 km in a few places. Lowering shadow detail / res should be a starting point if your hardware is on the lower end of the spectrum.

If you're running against a lot of AI, you're probably going to have to lower that number... especially if you're using questionable ripped MOD cars created without the extra effort of having available LOD's. As far as I'm aware, most if not all of the high quality mod cars available on RD have these LOD's, and/or only run Kunos cars which have them. People who rip cars from other games don't have the starting Max / Blender objects (because they didn't model them) therefore most of the time they can't make the LOD's, resulting in always using Maximum Polys/detail.

For example, if you have 25 cars on the starting grid, each using approx 200,000 polys (on their highest LOD) that's 5 million polys, more than the entire PCH terrain/road meshes, and with LAC's terrain & roads thrown in on top as a bonus. If the cars don't have these LOD's, anytime these cars are visible, even as a dot in the distance, they're using max polys / detail.

Anyone looking for more FPS, first check the number of cars you're trying to run against, and if they're made with quality in mind, or.... as in the case of many dodgy ripped :poop: mod cars found all over the internet, LOW quality. If you're using lots of :poop: mod cars, you're effectively trying to run x2 - x5 tracks all at once, as you can imagine... That's really not a good idea at all :D

Thanks for the great track! A small question. On Pacific Coast the bushes look too bright when in the shadow. Is this normal or am I missing some AC/CSP/SOL setting? I think there is no such issue in LAC for example. See photo for example:

View attachment 517772
Cheers, glad you're enjoying PCH...
You're definitely missing something... My 1st guess would be either PP Filter... or something funky in CSP/CM/Sol/Pure/whatever else there is :D

See this video as reference... Thanks @=H3R0= for the video :)

EDIT: Note this is without GrassFX, and the release only uses the 'standard' resolution roads.
(I have 16k resolution variants, which I may make available, as they wouldn't fit in the RD upload)

Last edited:
Cheers, glad you're enjoying PCH...
You're definitely missing something... My 1st guess would be either PP Filter... or something funky in CSP/CM/Sol/Pure/whatever else there is :D

See this video as reference... Thanks @=H3R0= for the video :)

EDIT: Note this is without GrassFX, and the release only uses the 'standard' resolution roads.
(I have 16k resolution variants, which I may make available, as they wouldn't fit in the RD upload)
Solved the issue (CSP discord member figured it out). It was the "Trees receiving per-vertex shadows" setting in CSP Track adjustments.

Wow what a master piece this is. Been cruising and playing chase with 3 friends and we all love it.
But we have a common problem, the force feedback on our wheels are going nuts and makes some historic cars undrivable.
2 of us have G27 wheels and the rattling is so loud that we have to turn the FF waay down to stop it from cogging/rattling.
You can also see in the car setup page online that the camber and springs are constantly moving, even idling in pit.
It happens on both client and host PC. Anyone have an idea what the problem is. ( It only happens on Pacific Coast )

The shaking is caused by an inherent limitation in ACs physics engine. All large tracks suffer from this to varying degrees, unfortunately.
Later versions of Shaders Patch have a function to help alleviate this, but have not tried it myself yet, so can comment on it efficacy.

The shaking is caused by an inherent limitation in ACs physics engine. All large tracks suffer from this to varying degrees, unfortunately.
Later versions of Shaders Patch have a function to help alleviate this, but have not tried it myself yet, so can comment on it efficacy.
It works beautifully and really is a must-have.

Even on the official Nordschleife it's a game changer in a very literal sense.

Is there a way to adjust the spawn location in Track Day mode? I have the ’extra stuff' such as two way traffic and always spawn at a petrol station 4/5 towards the top. I prefer driving from the bottom all the way up if at all possible.

Incredible track though!

Last edited:
Hi,
I have a problem that I couldn't solve despite I was reading this forum and other forums as well. The problem concerns about Pacific Coast Highway Two Way Traffic. At least I tried to obey all the installation instructions. I have PCH 1.0 installed and then I unzip PCH EXTRAS and copy the content- folder to root folder of AC. I have PCH track in my CM, but when I go for it, there is no traffic at all. The track is really cool and I would really like to test it with traffic. Could you somehow help me? Thanks

big noob here.

everytime i go back to the pits, usually because i get too ambitious and roll the car, it takes me back to the very first pit. how do i reset at the nearest pit?

big noob here.

everytime i go back to the pits, usually because i get too ambitious and roll the car, it takes me back to the very first pit. how do i reset at the nearest pit?
That's normal and realistic, sadly.
In real racing, the champion will get the first (or last) pitbox for the next season.
To be accurate they get the choice for each track iirc but anyway..

And the rest of the field get their pitbox in championship order.

In AC, the first who joins the server gets the first pitbox. Or the last, depending how the track is setup.

So when you're alone on track, you'll always get the first or last pitbox, depending on the track.

That's normal and realistic, sadly.
In real racing, the champion will get the first (or last) pitbox for the next season.
To be accurate they get the choice for each track iirc but anyway..

And the rest of the field get their pitbox in championship order.

In AC, the first who joins the server gets the first pitbox. Or the last, depending how the track is setup.

So when you're alone on track, you'll always get the first or last pitbox, depending on the track.
officially saddened. guess i'll have to learn not to barrel roll off of cliffs

Last edited:
How many Easter eggs are there?
Screenshot_ks_audi_r8_lms_pacific_coast_hwy_8-0-122-1-8-14.jpg

Last edited:
Is there a way to adjust the spawn location in Track Day mode? I have the ’extra stuff' such as two way traffic and always spawn at a petrol station 4/5 towards the top. I prefer driving from the bottom all the way up if at all possible.

Incredible track though!
Thanks, the way the game works... you always use Pit Box 0... Which is always in the same place (part of the model)

The only way to start somewhere else (in Content Manager)
Select Race mode... Select your AI as usual...
Change your start position to 18th.... You'll start in the North (see below)... Drive
start_position_18.jpg

If you return to the Pits... You'll return to the usual place (Pit 0)
Use Random start position if you want to start somewhere different each time (Race Mode only)

While talking about traffic... A few reminders / tips

In Trackday mode. Use no more than 15 AI (Trackday / AI Flood will get buggy) 10 AI should be the sweet spot
If cars stop in the road, turn off fuel consumption. Content Managers Trackday mode, the AI don't take the correct of fuel on board. Turning off damage may help some mod cars with suspect suspension stop breaking, and keep repeatedly respawning broken.

In Race mode, you'll need to run more AI.... Around 30 - 40 should give a pretty realistic traffic volume.
Cars won't run out of fuel in Race mode... they get correct fuel calculations from the ideal_line.ai in the layouts data folder

Traffic Two Way - Traffic are limited to 60mph
Traffic Mansion - Traffic are limited to 70mph

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Anyone who wants a track camera workaround on Two-Way Traffic... For Saved Replays Only

1) Rename the current fast_lane.ai in the pacific_coast_hwy\traffic_two_way\ai folder to something else, like fast_lane_TRAFFIC.ai

2) Copy the fast_lane.ai from the pacific_coast_hwy\southbound\ai folder in to pacific_coast_hwy\traffic_two_way\ai folder.

3) Play your Saved Replay. (with Track Cameras)

4) Afterwards, remember to rename the copied in 'southbound' fast_lane... to something like fast_lane_REPLAY.ai

5) And rename fast_lane_TRAFFIC.ai (or whatever you named it) back to fast_lane.ai to drive again with traffic.

A bit of a procedure, but due to how AC camera system works... unfortunately it is how it is.

Two way traffic doesn't work. You just get a grey screen and it says AI Spline error
If I'm not mistaken you mean the old 2-way layout and I can vouch that it is incompatible with the latest "Pacific Coast". Just make a clean install of the v1.0.
I can recommend getting the author's new premium layout since the quality of the work is top notch.

Last edited:

Latest News

To join the OverTake Racing Club races I want them to be: (multiple choice)

• Free to access

Votes: 43 86.0%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 7 14.0%
  • Better structured racing club forum

Votes: 8 16.0%
  • More use of default game content

Votes: 4 8.0%
  • More use of fixed setups

Votes: 15 30.0%
  • No 3rd party registration pages

Votes: 15 30.0%