Pacific Coast

Tracks Pacific Coast 1.0

Login or Register an account to download this content
Has anyone tried PCH two way traffic with the CSP walk-out feature in practice or track day modes.
You can get out of the car at the turn outs to check out the view, and then get into one of the other traffic cars the are idling in the spawn site parking spots.:)

Installation via csp:

Sadly not that easy to do but it works :)

I couldn't find non-helmet + casual outfit models. Only no helmet or no race suit, not both...
I got those already :thumbsup:

Hi,
The track won't load.
I installed it as usal (I had no previous version), I tried the different versions (north, south, ...) in different mode (practice, ...) but the track is still not loading.
When I click start, I have the "loading black screen" with the car and track description for a second or two then it goes back to Drive menu.
What am I doing wrong ?

Awesome stuff. Just got the extra pack too.

Unfortunately cannot load, gives me audio reverb errors on all the new extra layouts. Maybe its my install.
If you have ANY previous versions of Pacific Coast, including the Pre-Release versions, they are now totally obsolete, Only the 1.0 release version on Race Department will work online, and be compatible with the Pacific Coast Extras Pack (Be sure to read all the install instructions) It's important to Allow ALL overwrites when installing the Extras!

I was tweaking lots of files right up until the last minute, before the 1.0 release... This was done on purpose to keep things in sync. Make sure to ONLY use the 1.0 which is Only available on Race Department!

If anyone is sharing Pacific Coast 1.0 in other places, firstly they shouldn't be... So don't download, you may be downloading an old version. Keep in sync, stay with the RD version!

Last edited:
Loving the extras pack with the hd textures, but where on earth is that Mansion?
Thanks mate.... The Mansion is at Mount Gorda, the road up to the mansion is just south of the Cruickshank Trailhead... which is south of the Villa Creek bridge ;) Can't miss it, has a lamp post and a wall :)

Only go in there at night for the proper lighting (CSP doesn't do multi-level lighting during the day atm, maybe in future) Use an external view to hear a suitable underground reverb. Have fun sliding around the ramps, parked cars and posts :)

• Deleted member 197115

Great, nicely polished track, got Extras already. Thanks John for a wonderful work.
One nitpicking thing, the road mesh, it's a bit too harsh resulting in sharp details even on street cars with soft suspension and non stop tactile effects as if driving on gravel in Dirt Rally. This is on DD wheel and required special profile for this track alone with extra smoothness, same thing for SimHub settings. Is there any chance to knock down that road irregularities sharpness a bit. Hwy 1 is not that beaten up IRL, I am from SoCal.
Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Great, nicely polished track, got Extras already. Thanks John for a wonderful work.
One nitpicking thing, the road mesh, it's a bit too harsh resulting in sharp details even on street cars with soft suspension and non stop tactile effects as if driving on gravel in Dirt Rally. This is on DD wheel and required special profile for this track alone with extra smoothness, same thing for SimHub settings. Is there any chance to knock down that road irregularities sharpness a bit. 101 is not that beaten up IRL, I am from SoCal.
Thanks
Thanks mate, I've heard origin shift? can help things... and double precision physics setting in CM can help... Maybe someone who knows more can advise you on this?

I have had some feedback that the road meshes are a little too bumpy.... But not that the road feels too harsh or sharp. Anyway this isn't the final roads, or the final track... So plenty more to do. It should be fine in a road car with soft suspension though.

I'll take your feedback and that of others on board to tweak things as necessary in the future. I will admit I want it as bumpy as I can get away with, so it's engaging, visceral... and to counteract the lack of real forces like G's in a sim.

EDIT: I'm from the UK... not at all envious of you being in SoCal... Please don't tell me the temperature there! :D

Last edited:
Amazing Phoenix and crew! Thank you so much! Saw someone post about 12k textures, how do we get those? Also, can't seem to get Rain to work in CSP/SOL... do I need to do anything special?

this mod is amazing, I have a question maybe you can help me... Do you know why the car is always shaking even when it is stopped? The wheels start shaking so weirdly.
Unfortunately this is a side effect that occurs with very large maps.
Nothing to be done about it .
Not really noticeable when your driving.
So we just keep on driving.:)

Hello friends.
this mod is amazing, I have a question maybe you can help me... Do you know why the car is always shaking even when it is stopped? The wheels start shaking so weirdly.
Hi, the issue of cars shaking on big tracks is an AC game engine issue. The issue has been fixed by the modders though. You need to install Content Manager, you can google it. Content Manager includes a feature called Custom Shaders Patch (CSP) which has a setting to remove the car shaking.
To fix it, make sure that:
► You are using CSP 0.1.74 (or newer).
► You enable "Use double precision physics engine" in Settings > Custom Shaders Patch > General Patch Settings.
► "Origin shift" is on in Settings > Custom Shaders Patch > Graphics Adjustments.

This solves the issue and you can drive on big tracks (LA Canyons, Pacific Coast, Shutoko etc.) with no shaking at all.
This rather old video speaks about the fix. After that video was made the fix has become available for free with CSP 0.1.74 and it also works in multiplayer.

Last edited:
@JPChartrand
you probably want to post your issues here rather than in the review section, where we can't help you.

if you lack framerate, try lower your world details settings
make sure you run the latest CSP as recommended ont he track (and video above)
and/or reset your CSP settings
how is the FPS in other tracks? etc.

CSP 0.1.74 and it also works in multiplayer.
Cheers Guido, thanks for the heads up, didn't realised it also works online, although is there any FPS hit?
@JPChartrand
you probably want to post your issues here rather than in the review section, where we can't help you.

if you lack framerate, try lower your world details settings
make sure you run the latest CSP as recommended ont he track (and video above)
and/or reset your CSP settings
how is the FPS in other tracks? etc.
Cheers dude... But I'm not sure that some people get the whole... It's a free mod, it's massive (not compared to LAC, 1/5th the size lol) that's taken years to make, and which is dedicated to my late Brother as a celebration of his life...!!!!

This doesn't mean I'm under any obligation to make it work on BADLY setup VR systems!

Any stupid reviews, I won't be replying to or profanity may happen.
Undriveable on a 3080? Looks like they may have got a counterfeit card.... Maybe a Voodoo 3DFX in disguise!

This is how, if you know what you're doing, it should run in VR... Undriveable? I think not!
Thanks for the great example of how it should be setup @bongady :thumbsup: :cool:
Really dangerous driving though! :D

Great track, i got the extras pack, thanks for your awesome work on this project! Is there a tweak to remove or raise the speed limit on the other cars?

Latest News

What is the reason for your passion for sim racing?

• Watching real motorsport

Votes: 401 69.5%
  • Physics and mechanics

Votes: 253 43.8%
  • Competition and adrenaline

Votes: 270 46.8%
  • Practice for real racing

Votes: 120 20.8%
  • Community and simracers

Votes: 161 27.9%
Back