Logitech G27 | Official Support Thread

Quote ' Released in 2006, Logitech’s G25 racing wheel has quickly earned a reputation for being the benchmark in terms of semi-professional steering wheels. Two and a half years after it’s introducion, hints on its successor are coming up.

Even though Logitech has yet to confirm to be working on the G27, the web is full of rumors and fake pictures, depicting what the new Logitech wheel will look like. Among all the guessing, there are some interesting facts on the G27 though:

1) Logitech has already assigned a parts number to the new wheel - 941-000045 A quick Google search returns plenty of hits on various online shops who already list the new item, including the name G27. Of course, none of these “dummy entries” have further information yet, they´re all listed for prices between 270 and 350 US dollars.

2) The G25 is currently available for very low prices. At its release in 2006, the wheel sold for $299, today it can be found as cheap as $139. That may just be due to the wheel’s age, it may be a sign of selling out the last stocked examples though.

3) Logitech is forced to react, the steering wheel market isn’t the same as it was in 2006. Fanatec is on a quick way to becoming a major competitor, offering a line of high quality steering wheels which are partly superior to the G25. Feature-rich products like the Clubsport Pedals will surely worry Logitech enough to work on a new flagship product.

There’s still zero information avaialble on the features of this new wheel, below is the newest picture that is supposed to show the G27. It includes new buttons and a LED rev-meter, chances are pretty high that it is another fake though. While nobody knows when the G27 is due, it is pretty much confirmed that it is indeed coming our way.'
http://www.virtualr.net/logitech-g27-around-the-corner/

It will be cheaper in the shops.
G25 was around 230-250 eur here in Holland, and one time it was <200 in some shops.

Most of the shops still ask 250+eur for it.

The Logi website always show very high prices, I think g27 will probably go around 250-280eur.

Upvote 0
I very much needed a new steering wheel as mine was quite tatty and un-realistic. After reading this review I have descided that i should purchase one of these wheels.
Can somebody please give me some advice and/or pointers on which to buy.

Thanks in advance Walter.

You would be better off buying a G25 really, unless you absolutly have to have the extra wheel buttons and the rev lights. With a G27 you'll lose the sequential mode on the shifter too which means you have to use the paddles for sequential.

The G25 is very cheap at the moment and is 97% as good as the G27 is. I would think the G27 will be around £200 when its released and the G25 price should go down further, which will be very good value considering its only £124 at the moment.

Upvote 0
  • Walter Johnson

Thanks for the help I will probably buy a G25. I will hope to race some of you in the foreseeable future.

Upvote 0
Its a double edged sword for Logitech. The G25 was a great product and they obviously didn't want to stray too far from that but by doing so perhaps they have not made the product different enough to entice people to buy it. I'd like to see a more in-depth review of the force feedback system as my one gripe about the G25 is the 'notchy' feel to the gears. Now I know they have changed that system but does it actually improve it? To me it looks like there is more contact area so does it make it feel noticeably less 'notchy' on an oval for instance which is where it really is noticeable when trying to hold a line. The buttons are a good move but agree with the review that they could have made them a little different in feel so you knew which button you were pressing. I really don't see the appeal of the LED rev display, to me that's more likely to be an annoyance I'll quickly turn off.

I really like what they have done with the pedals. The G25 pedals were great as they were but the refinement for heel and toe and the different positioning options really add to the overall package. I'm disappointed to see the sequential shifter go, I didn't use the H-pattern all that often but the sequential mode was useful and I'm sure its a feature that will be missed by G25 owners looking to upgrade to this new model. I never had any issues with the gear shift unit at all but I'm sure there was heated debate at Logitech about it and it wasn't a feature given up lightly. Sadly for Logitech the build quality of their racing wheels is such that there are going to be plenty of G25's living many more years and not giving owners the excuse through breakage to open their wallets because I don't think the G27 is far enough of an evolution to the G25 to make it worthwhile unless you simply must have the latest kit. To me it seems more like a G25+ or G25 'Turbo'.

I've been a happy user of Logitech wheels for many years. My sim racing 'career' on the PC starting with a Thrustmaster T1 and only after a T2 did I move on to Logitech and stayed with them ever since. However this time around I have to leave Logitech to satisfy my need for a wheel that works on the 360, PS3 and PC and for that I have to take the chance on the untested Fanatec Porsche 911 wheel. Its a big outlay as I've opted for the Clubsport pedals too so its an expensive experiment but one I find myself forced to take. It beggars belief that Logitech have allowed Fanatec to steal a march on them and plunder the hundreds of thousands of XBOX users crying out for a well made well featured steering wheel. Time will tell if it was a good move to make but if it was just the PC and PS3 compatibility I needed I don't see me buying the G27 while my G25 still works as well as the day I took it out of the box.

Upvote 0
G27 = No Sequential Shifter

When I read this at VirtualR, I couldn't believe it:

Logitech has lost one important feature, getting rid of the sequential gear shifter option which is very sad for sim racers that love to drive sports cars or touring car machinery.
http://www.virtualr.net/logitech-g27-steering-wheel-unveiled/

So then I went to the Logitech website and sure enough, the don't mention sequential shifter at all :(

http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/gaming/pc_gaming/wheels/devices/5184&cl=us,en

What huge mistake imo.

Upvote 0
Currently Im using a Logitech GT (ps3 / GT5 steeringwheel) Feels pretty good and I do enjoy it. Yesterday I got a driving course in a driving simulator with a 6 gear poke, now Im missing a real 6-gear poke on my current wheel. So I'm thinking of buying a G25 so I got a clutch and 6-gear poke, would that be worth it? Or should I wait for the G27, I don't really get what the sequential gearbox means tho. (but maybe I shouldn't be lazy and just google :O)

Upvote 0
If it was cross platform i.e PC/PS3/360 then maybe they would have made me choose Logitech over Fanatec as I was happy with my G25 and the Logitech wheels I owned before that. I'd be interested to hear if the helical gears made it really that much quieter (perhaps someone who has upgraded from a G25 could answer) and whether the gearing makes the FF smoother.

Upvote 0

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back