Logitech G27 | Official Support Thread

Quote ' Released in 2006, Logitech’s G25 racing wheel has quickly earned a reputation for being the benchmark in terms of semi-professional steering wheels. Two and a half years after it’s introducion, hints on its successor are coming up.

Even though Logitech has yet to confirm to be working on the G27, the web is full of rumors and fake pictures, depicting what the new Logitech wheel will look like. Among all the guessing, there are some interesting facts on the G27 though:

1) Logitech has already assigned a parts number to the new wheel - 941-000045 A quick Google search returns plenty of hits on various online shops who already list the new item, including the name G27. Of course, none of these “dummy entries” have further information yet, they´re all listed for prices between 270 and 350 US dollars.

2) The G25 is currently available for very low prices. At its release in 2006, the wheel sold for $299, today it can be found as cheap as $139. That may just be due to the wheel’s age, it may be a sign of selling out the last stocked examples though.

3) Logitech is forced to react, the steering wheel market isn’t the same as it was in 2006. Fanatec is on a quick way to becoming a major competitor, offering a line of high quality steering wheels which are partly superior to the G25. Feature-rich products like the Clubsport Pedals will surely worry Logitech enough to work on a new flagship product.

There’s still zero information avaialble on the features of this new wheel, below is the newest picture that is supposed to show the G27. It includes new buttons and a LED rev-meter, chances are pretty high that it is another fake though. While nobody knows when the G27 is due, it is pretty much confirmed that it is indeed coming our way.'
http://www.virtualr.net/logitech-g27-around-the-corner/

I didn't even see a yellow dress.
All I saw was :tits:

Errm I think Andrew meant G27 shoe's:

M1-G-27.jpg

Upvote 0
My advice:
If you don't have a G25 yet, go for it at a local shop or via the Internet.
If you have one and want a new wheel, go to fanatec.com and oder the Gt3R wheel + Club Sport Pedals.
They are 300 € as well but in my opnion you get much more than you would get with the G27..

Upvote 0
i plead guilty because i went and bought a G27, best decision in terms of wheels i've ever made, brilliant build quality compared to G25, brilliant force feedback which is much improved over the G25, shifter is tighter and feels more like a real gear shifter. Shift lights are just awesome. Absolutely 100% worth the money. Its just brought sim racing back to life, i'm able to enjoy mods and sims like never before because the force feedback is improved that much.

Upvote 0
i plead guilty because i went and bought a G27, best decision in terms of wheels i've ever made, brilliant build quality compared to G25, brilliant force feedback which is much improved over the G25, shifter is tighter and feels more like a real gear shifter. Shift lights are just awesome. Absolutely 100% worth the money. Its just brought sim racing back to life, i'm able to enjoy mods and sims like never before because the force feedback is improved that much.

Are you sure G27 is that good?

Upvote 0
I dont know if I agree at 100% with that. I got my g27 last week. It does feel a little better, the shifting light take something to get used to. I would call it a slight improvement over the g25. Nothing ground breaking....

Upvote 0
I'm having big trouble in Race On. What settings are you using?

Here the wheel sometimes has no FFB. Sometimes it steers to the left. Very odd. Also sometimes I can't see anything on track,..

NFS Shift and LFS work perfectly thus meaning it's something with race on.

Reinstalling all of simbin now... Maybe I ****ed something up when I tried to convert a track of an other game for own use...

Upvote 0
Apparently it has something to do with the shift lights.

Steam Forums said:
Not sure how new it is, but in the controller configs there are two lines one labelled something like "G27 Lower Limit" and "G27 Higher Limit." Found out these control the shift light on the steering wheel. By default it is set to approx .87 and .96. After messing with the numbers found out that the force feedback only worked when there were lights on in the shift indicator. So I had to drop the lower limit to 0.00 and the force feedback worked fine. However, now the lowest light is on at idle and it turns red at 4500 rpm. Oh well, at least the ffb works fine now.

Try that, see if it helps. If it doesn't I'm not sure what you can do to fix the problem you are having.

Upvote 0
Apparently it has something to do with the shift lights.

Try that, see if it helps. If it doesn't I'm not sure what you can do to fix the problem you are having.
Thanks I'll try that when everything is reinstalled again :)

ANd I think the image problems on track was something within the game. Only original simbin trakcs had the problems..

Now downloading and it takes a long time at 800kB/s :(

Upvote 0
Thanks I'll try that when everything is reinstalled again :)

ANd I think the image problems on track was something within the game. Only original simbin trakcs had the problems..

Now downloading and it takes a long time at 800kB/s :(
After reinstalling everything worked perfectly.

edit:
I had to chanbge it...

I wonder what Simbin will say about it..

Upvote 0

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 352 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 247 10.9%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 243 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 177 7.8%
  • < 5 years