Logitech G27 | Official Support Thread

Quote ' Released in 2006, Logitech’s G25 racing wheel has quickly earned a reputation for being the benchmark in terms of semi-professional steering wheels. Two and a half years after it’s introducion, hints on its successor are coming up.

Even though Logitech has yet to confirm to be working on the G27, the web is full of rumors and fake pictures, depicting what the new Logitech wheel will look like. Among all the guessing, there are some interesting facts on the G27 though:

1) Logitech has already assigned a parts number to the new wheel - 941-000045 A quick Google search returns plenty of hits on various online shops who already list the new item, including the name G27. Of course, none of these “dummy entries” have further information yet, they´re all listed for prices between 270 and 350 US dollars.

2) The G25 is currently available for very low prices. At its release in 2006, the wheel sold for $299, today it can be found as cheap as $139. That may just be due to the wheel’s age, it may be a sign of selling out the last stocked examples though.

3) Logitech is forced to react, the steering wheel market isn’t the same as it was in 2006. Fanatec is on a quick way to becoming a major competitor, offering a line of high quality steering wheels which are partly superior to the G25. Feature-rich products like the Clubsport Pedals will surely worry Logitech enough to work on a new flagship product.

There’s still zero information avaialble on the features of this new wheel, below is the newest picture that is supposed to show the G27. It includes new buttons and a LED rev-meter, chances are pretty high that it is another fake though. While nobody knows when the G27 is due, it is pretty much confirmed that it is indeed coming our way.'
http://www.virtualr.net/logitech-g27-around-the-corner/

Finally some extra buttons on the wheel! (hopefully) I don't think there will be any official news before autumn/winter.
I'm also quit interested by the Fanatec products, but my G25 is only 4 months old :)
Got it for a decent 160€ thanks to a tip from Mr. Downham (Promotion on Amazon.co.uk)

... its still one of the best €160 euro I ever spent ... and they are still selling for over €320 in the local shops here in southern Portugal!! :shocked:

... gotta correct Sir Leeten on something tho ... Mr Palmer issued the initial "price alert" on these babies ... so credit really goes to him :go-away:

Lets hope the design of the actual G27 wheel is a little more "racy" looking and feeling ... my old Momo Force (red) wheel has a far better feel and look to it in that respect than the G25, with a thicker/chunkier feel to the actual wheel ... it had 6 buttons too, one of which could be used as a shift button, so really you had 10 buttons at your finger tips.
The internals and pedals of the G25 combined with something more like the Momo Force wheel, plus any new innovations would be a very sweet combination for a G27.

One day I might even try to pimp my G25 and get a Sparco or similar racing wheel to fit on to it ... adding the two existing buttons on to that should not be a problem eh?

Upvote 0
I really do like my G25 but sadly a lack of XBOX 360 compatibility has made me look elsewhere so I've put in an order for the Fanatec Porsche wheel. I can't wait to be able to play Forza 2, 3 and Race Pro with a decent wheel. Logitech make great wheels that are reasonably priced too with a number of models ranging from entry level right up to the G25 so why oh why does Microsoft not want to work with Logitech?

Upvote 0
Following lots of speculation and Codemaster’s accidental confirmation on Logitech’s new G27 steering wheel, a set of first shots have surfaced now.
These images aren’t exactly new as they´re floating around the web since early 2009. Until now, they were thought to be either photoshopped or made of a modified G25, however GTPlanet now confirms the authenticity of these images. Furthermore, several people got to see the steering wheel on this year’s Cebit Expo in Germany.
According to the shots, the base design of the G27 won’t differ much from the current G25 despite having more buttons on the wheel and a tiny bar of LCDs at the center of the wheel. Despite being confirmed that these are authentic shots, it’s not known whether or not this is just a prototype or the final design of the G27 - There is no info on the technical specs either yet.

g27.png

g272_0.jpg

Mhhhh, hope its just a prototype and Logitech will release a much more sophisticated wheel.

Upvote 0
And from the looks of it, it wont have sequential bit on the shifter, tbh ill stick with my G25, all that has is 4 extra buttons, other than that, same shifter unit and same pedals. Pretty poor, i expected more from Logitech.

Upvote 0
No way that's official. I know Logitech, and they don't recycle products. They always put something new into them. Especially the G-series.

I agree with your view. I'd be dissapointed if that was the new product. Not that there is anything wrong with the G25 - I love mine but those images are more of a 'G25+' or 'G25 Turbo' not a new product. I don't know where the stumbling block is, Microsoft or Logitech but they really need to make this XBOX 360 compatible too. There is a dire need for a quality wheel on the 360 which is why I'm prepared to give up my long use of Logitech wheels and buy a Fanatec wheel.

Upvote 0
Probably not fake, but

The first reference to g27 goes back quite a bit. Considering that the changes are not major at all (also implied by the tiny bump in the model number), I tend to think that this may have been a prototype that is abandoned.

The name g27 probably wasn't a code name, either because it seems to have been communicated to suppliers and game devs. It probably was meant for a past christmas, but it missed its window for whatever reason.

Upvote 0
Ben maybe I'm being optimistic but if you read the whole statement I think G27 will look different from the leaked images.

The thing is, though, we didn't play this game with a Logitech G25. But rather another Logitech wheel, which has yet to be officially announced. But if you're an enthusiast, you've probably seen some of the leaked images of it. We wish we could go into details on some of the changes to this wheel, but we have to wait a bit.

Upvote 0
If it has more ° of rotation then I will do the same as you, Bram..

Kevin 900 degrees of rotation is plenty.

Well I was hoping for something new. I'll get one though LOL. I have a 50% discount code with Logitech.

The biggest change from G25 in my opinion is the lack of a stick shift. Yes H-Shift is there but no knob(erhhhh) to change from H to Stick(maybe it will be sold separately ala Fanatec style.

Rev monitor is a great addition. Even though I'll have a massive problem with my son seeing those colours lighting up and wanting to grab the wheel from me.

Edited to add:

Wheres Aritan to translate this to us. :)

g27_1.png

g27_2.png

g27_5.png

Screenies taken from VirtualR

Upvote 0

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 559 17.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 379 11.8%
  • < 3 years