Logitech G27 | Official Support Thread

Quote ' Released in 2006, Logitech’s G25 racing wheel has quickly earned a reputation for being the benchmark in terms of semi-professional steering wheels. Two and a half years after it’s introducion, hints on its successor are coming up.

Even though Logitech has yet to confirm to be working on the G27, the web is full of rumors and fake pictures, depicting what the new Logitech wheel will look like. Among all the guessing, there are some interesting facts on the G27 though:

1) Logitech has already assigned a parts number to the new wheel - 941-000045 A quick Google search returns plenty of hits on various online shops who already list the new item, including the name G27. Of course, none of these “dummy entries” have further information yet, they´re all listed for prices between 270 and 350 US dollars.

2) The G25 is currently available for very low prices. At its release in 2006, the wheel sold for $299, today it can be found as cheap as $139. That may just be due to the wheel’s age, it may be a sign of selling out the last stocked examples though.

3) Logitech is forced to react, the steering wheel market isn’t the same as it was in 2006. Fanatec is on a quick way to becoming a major competitor, offering a line of high quality steering wheels which are partly superior to the G25. Feature-rich products like the Clubsport Pedals will surely worry Logitech enough to work on a new flagship product.

There’s still zero information avaialble on the features of this new wheel, below is the newest picture that is supposed to show the G27. It includes new buttons and a LED rev-meter, chances are pretty high that it is another fake though. While nobody knows when the G27 is due, it is pretty much confirmed that it is indeed coming our way.'
http://www.virtualr.net/logitech-g27-around-the-corner/

-Programmable D-pad.
-Dual Motor force feedback (exceptional, apparently).
-RPM LED indicators.
-900 degrees rotation.

And this is a new wheel? No thanks. It would probably be cheaper to get the SLI from Mak Corp. Besides, the G27 LEDs are small and don't look very strong. With the shifter, perhaps it's the flick of a switch to switch to seqential?

Upvote 0
Still no XBOX 360 compatibility? I've used Logitech wheels for most of my sim racing life but now find myself looking to companies like Fanatec as they are the only ones to provide a wheel compatible across the three formats I use: PC, PS3, 360. I am mystified why a company as large as Logitech can't provide a solution to work across these three formats or even an adaptor of some kind.

Upvote 0
Still no XBOX 360 compatibility? I've used Logitech wheels for most of my sim racing life but now find myself looking to companies like Fanatec as they are the only ones to provide a wheel compatible across the three formats I use: PC, PS3, 360. I am mystified why a company as large as Logitech can't provide a solution to work across these three formats or even an adaptor of some kind.
MS doesn't want it, or asks a lot of money for it.

Upvote 0
Logitech G27 review by SimHQ.com

Another review, this time from SimHQ

Darwin theorized that the process of evolution would cause a species to refine itself over time, with stronger, more effective traits advancing while weaker or ineffective traits were killed off. That theory also holds true in the computer gaming industry — so long as you accept that with every three advanced traits there is bound to be a misstep — or even a step backwards. Although the wheel’s existence was accidentally leaked on two earlier occasions, today Logitech officially unveiled their contribution to Darwin’s theory: the new G27 Racing Controller, an evolved version of the outstanding G25 released in 2006. Back then, the G25 was Logitech’s greatest gift to the racing simulation community, providing solid build quality, an array of new features and durable metal components wrapped in an appealing, steel-and-leather aesthetic that made it the class of the field.

Click here to read the full review at SimHQ.com

Attachments

• G27.jpg
    G27.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 283
Upvote 0
  • Walter Johnson

I very much needed a new steering wheel as mine was quite tatty and un-realistic. After reading this review I have descided that i should purchase one of these wheels.
Can somebody please give me some advice and/or pointers on which to buy.

Thanks in advance Walter.

Upvote 0

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back