Logitech G27 | Official Support Thread

Quote ' Released in 2006, Logitech’s G25 racing wheel has quickly earned a reputation for being the benchmark in terms of semi-professional steering wheels. Two and a half years after it’s introducion, hints on its successor are coming up.

Even though Logitech has yet to confirm to be working on the G27, the web is full of rumors and fake pictures, depicting what the new Logitech wheel will look like. Among all the guessing, there are some interesting facts on the G27 though:

1) Logitech has already assigned a parts number to the new wheel - 941-000045 A quick Google search returns plenty of hits on various online shops who already list the new item, including the name G27. Of course, none of these “dummy entries” have further information yet, they´re all listed for prices between 270 and 350 US dollars.

2) The G25 is currently available for very low prices. At its release in 2006, the wheel sold for $299, today it can be found as cheap as $139. That may just be due to the wheel’s age, it may be a sign of selling out the last stocked examples though.

3) Logitech is forced to react, the steering wheel market isn’t the same as it was in 2006. Fanatec is on a quick way to becoming a major competitor, offering a line of high quality steering wheels which are partly superior to the G25. Feature-rich products like the Clubsport Pedals will surely worry Logitech enough to work on a new flagship product.

There’s still zero information avaialble on the features of this new wheel, below is the newest picture that is supposed to show the G27. It includes new buttons and a LED rev-meter, chances are pretty high that it is another fake though. While nobody knows when the G27 is due, it is pretty much confirmed that it is indeed coming our way.'
http://www.virtualr.net/logitech-g27-around-the-corner/

I thought that was a MMG add on
Nope, that looks like this:
943158973d1234552589-mmg-simrdisp7x-g25-edition-pic2.jpg

Upvote 0
Was just having a look at my controller file for GTR Evo and found these 2 lines:

G27 Led range low="0.81000" // Min: 0.00, Max: 1.00, Default: 0.81
G27 Led range high="0.96000" // Min: 0.00, Max: 1.00, Default: 0.96

:dance2:

Upvote 0
Same here Abdul, I was always very happy (still am) with my G25 and before i switch to another company I always give the current one the benefit of the doubt. So ill wait for the G27 release too.

Upvote 0
Where can I find some more info about the G27? Any news about the price?

Its not even officially confirmed by Logitech yet. Its coming that is a given, question is when. I do hope we have some concrete news soon to get us who are addicted to sim racing drooool and start wearing bibs.

I have a feeling it will be special guys. I still rate my G25 highly, for an upgrade to be worthy the rumoured G27 will be great.

Upvote 0
Codemasters Confirms Logitech G27

Back in April, I put up a first article about a rumored successor to Logitech’s popular G25 steering wheel. Apart from a part number that had already been assigned to the wheel and some dummy entries in some web shops, no official confirmation on the new product was available though.This changes now as Codemasters has just released a list of steering wheels that will be compatible with their upcoming Colin McRae DIRT 2 title, including the Logitech G27!
An excerpt from the list:
Logitech G25 Racing Wheel
Logitech G27 Racing Wheel
Logitech Driving Force Pro

As you can see, the G25 is also listed, meaning this can’t be a typo of some sort. It’s unknown whether Codemasters intentionally released this info or if it’s a mistake of some kind, either way it’s great news for the steering wheel market. Right now, there are absolutely no specs or info available on the G27 other that it does exist - Stay tuned for more on Logitech’s newest wheel.

http://www.virtualr.net/codemasters-confirms-logitech-g27/

Will this wheel be supported by Xbox360? I hope so.

Upvote 0

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 102 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 134 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 184 14.2%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 363 28.1%
  • 100% offline racing