Logitech G27 | Official Support Thread

Quote ' Released in 2006, Logitech’s G25 racing wheel has quickly earned a reputation for being the benchmark in terms of semi-professional steering wheels. Two and a half years after it’s introducion, hints on its successor are coming up.

Even though Logitech has yet to confirm to be working on the G27, the web is full of rumors and fake pictures, depicting what the new Logitech wheel will look like. Among all the guessing, there are some interesting facts on the G27 though:

1) Logitech has already assigned a parts number to the new wheel - 941-000045 A quick Google search returns plenty of hits on various online shops who already list the new item, including the name G27. Of course, none of these “dummy entries” have further information yet, they´re all listed for prices between 270 and 350 US dollars.

2) The G25 is currently available for very low prices. At its release in 2006, the wheel sold for $299, today it can be found as cheap as $139. That may just be due to the wheel’s age, it may be a sign of selling out the last stocked examples though.

3) Logitech is forced to react, the steering wheel market isn’t the same as it was in 2006. Fanatec is on a quick way to becoming a major competitor, offering a line of high quality steering wheels which are partly superior to the G25. Feature-rich products like the Clubsport Pedals will surely worry Logitech enough to work on a new flagship product.

There’s still zero information avaialble on the features of this new wheel, below is the newest picture that is supposed to show the G27. It includes new buttons and a LED rev-meter, chances are pretty high that it is another fake though. While nobody knows when the G27 is due, it is pretty much confirmed that it is indeed coming our way.'
http://www.virtualr.net/logitech-g27-around-the-corner/

Hi All,

I have just purchased a G27, but does anyone have any good FFB settings I could try please?

I had used momo's for years and thought it was time to get something different, plus as it was $250 on Amazon with free delivery, thought I had better get one, as to get a fanatec one posted to the US was looking at stupid money!!

Upvote 0
Hi All,

I have just purchased a G27, but does anyone have any good FFB settings I could try please?

I had used momo's for years and thought it was time to get something different, plus as it was $250 on Amazon with free delivery, thought I had better get one, as to get a fanatec one posted to the US was looking at stupid money!!

Which game Iain?

Upvote 0
Assuming you installed all the logitech software correctly and that Windows detected the G27 correctly then the next step is to see if Evo has detected the wheel.

Go to GTR Evo - Options then controller setup - look at the top of the page and see if the G27 is listed as a detected device.

If it is, then look at the available controller profiles lower down that page and choose one of the G27 profiles. Go to the advanced tab there and turn the wheel/press the pedals to make sure they work.

If all that works, it's fine - go drive and then fiddle with the setings once you decide what you want all the buttons to do.

Upvote 0
what do you mean by doesnt detect it? in the list of controller e.g. Xbox 360 Controller, Keyboard, Logitech G25 it will NOT show up in there as Logitech G27 you just have to use the G25 profile or make one of your own.

Upvote 0
I had erratic FFB & oscillations but they reduced somewhat after I increased centering spring stiffness, reduced FFB & increased the "soft spot" at the centre.
This can be done by increasing the "sensitivity exponent" or something & its set to 75 currently.
Still groping in the dark when handling it in PS3 though :/

Upvote 0
ok i have worked up the first g27 it started to smell after burned rubber at the end of the porsche supercub race in evo last night on start up if its calibrates it makes some bad noise
seams logitech has now for quite a while some issus as i already worked up 3 g25 befor but back there it was only the feedpedals that gave up now this time the bearings from the 2 motors are messed up after not complete 2 month
last time i rma next time i want just my money back and then i will get me a fine franatec

Upvote 0
Just thought I would post about my G27 here. I've had it for about 2 weeks now. And I must say the FFB is really alot smoother than the G25 which was my previous wheel. Just the other day during my ATCC race I noticed I could feel a slight "clicking" feel thru the wheel as I am turning thru corners. It still works fine but it just a bit distracting. A friend of mine told me to contact customer support and check about the return policy and hoping that I can get a new one. Which shouldn't be a problem as I think there is a 2 year warranty.

I know alot of you have had this wheel for awhile now and haven't experienced any problems. But with ATCC and FPWS races coming up shame I would have to back out for a few races and be MIA for a bit to get it taken care of.

Just wondering if anybody else has had any issues with the G27.

Upvote 0
Like I posted above, I have to put up with a lot of compromise with my G27 because I can't get it replaced as I live in India. There's probably something wrong with my wheel's bearing alignment & it could have happened during transportation.. So during driving I can hear the gears grinding & even slipping causing errors. If anyone has a manual repair remedy I'll be thankful.

Upvote 0
That's a shame that you can't get it replaced Rudra.

I emailed Logitech Customer Support last night and within 20 mins received an email back. After filling out the warranty form and providing proof of purchase. They replied back again very quickly and told me that I would have to send in my wheel then they would send me a replacement free of charge as it is still under warranty. So I told them that I'm in two competitive racing leagues (ATCC and FPWS) and it would be a shame to miss out on these races due to having a defective product.

This morning received another email from them and this is what they said...

"With regards to your concern,I would like to inform you that you can keep your Logitech G27 Racing Wheel until the replacement product ariived.
Please keep me posted when you already received the replacement product so i can submit a pre-paid shipping label ticket for you to return the defective product back to us."

In my opinion that is really great customer service to get everything resolved and most importantly I don't get to miss any races! lol :biggrin:

Thanks Logitech! :cool:

Upvote 0

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes