F1 2016 Modding Questions Thread

You need to edit the carmodel.layer (something like that) file, the mod may come with it or you may be forced to make your own using one line from the RB edited into the Ferrari. I recommend that you just find the tutorial by CW in this thread and work based on that
Still not working with the files from the mod which file is it? maybe I can get them from the red bull files
http://www.racedepartment.com/threads/f1-2016-modding-questions-thread.124753/page-35#post-2380192

Hi,

Someone know how to increase ONLY acceleration for an 2017 performance mod ? I know how to increase performance, but always my car hit around 390km/h (f1 2017 reach around 330km/h) and when i increase the drag coef, the acceleration is bad... (for a 2017 mod)

Thanks

Hi guys,

So I'm complete new to Mods. I've downloaded and installed a few skins and they all work fine, but I was wondering how I could edit the text files in "localisation" to change all the team names to the new ones I've put in.

Cheers!

Hi guys,

So I'm complete new to Mods. I've downloaded and installed a few skins and they all work fine, but I was wondering how I could edit the text files in "localisation" to change all the team names to the new ones I've put in.

Cheers!
Hi guys,

Cheers!
http://www.racedepartment.com/threads/f1-2016-modding-questions-thread.124753/page-9#post-2303330

Hi all, a curious question I have

Can you import helmet textures from F1 2013, 14, and 15 into the 2016 game?
You can from 15 and 14 but you need to change the dds file resolition to 4k and from 13 I think you can't unless you 'cut out' in Photoshop the part with gloves, shoes (not the helmet) from the 14 15 or 16 and paste it to 13

You can from 15 and 14 but you need to change the dds file resolition to 4k and from 13 I think you can't unless you 'cut out' in Photoshop the part with gloves, shoes (not the helmet) from the 14 15 or 16 and paste it to 13
And then don't you have to save it with a certain amount of mips? I'm using paint.net by the way.

Hi,
I just downloaded the V8 soundpack and the engine doesn't sound natural at 11000 rpm (it is too quiet) when you need to shift up, so is it possible to put the V8 engine sound peak to around 11000 rpm?

Does anyone know about how to change the mounted camera angle? I modded the mclaren car with a merc chassis, but then the camera angle looked a little wired..
If your driving it you can customise it in the Graphics options
The angle looks weird because the game is placing the camera where it would be on a McLaren chassis not on a merc.
It is probably controlled by the cams pkg files so I would suggest replacing the mclaren ones with the merc ones inside mclaren.erp.
I think you might have to replace any reference to mercedes with mclaren though so the game doesn't crash.
I don't really have time to try this out rn but it's what I would do

If your driving it you can customise it in the Graphics options
The angle looks weird because the game is placing the camera where it would be on a McLaren chassis not on a merc.
It is probably controlled by the cams pkg files so I would suggest replacing the mclaren ones with the merc ones inside mclaren.erp.
I think you might have to replace any reference to mercedes with mclaren though so the game doesn't crash.
I don't really have time to try this out rn but it's what I would do
thx a lot, I ll try it out my self :3

When i use a custom skin there is some shadows lines on the car
Can someone please help me ? :)

jpeg.jpg
png.jpg

Thanks ;)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.