F1 2016 Modding Questions Thread

On the changing chassis topic I got the Mclaren to have a torro rosso livery but not the one I wanted
Got this my changing all the pkg files (except the .wep one) to TR and overwriting the Mclaren paint+decals witn TR ones (but they didn't come up)
20170117171833_1.jpg

Skin is by @arvaimate00 http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/career-mode-4th-season-package.12858/

Turns out it's much simpler than I thought - I'll make a proper guide when I have the time:
For this example I'm putting a TR chassis on a mclaren:
1. Edit the TR paint and decal file
2. Overwrite the Mclaren paint and decal file with the TR one.
3. Export mclaren-carmodel.layer from pkg tab (Thanks to @arvaimate00 for finding it's this file!)
4. Open the TR.erp and export torrorosso-carmodel.layer
5. -I'm using http://www.jsoneditoronline.org/ to edit these .json files- change mclaren-carmodel.layer to look like this picture json.png
6. Overwrite mclaren-carmodel.layer with this new edited .json
7. Save the .erp

Turns out it's much simpler than I thought - I'll make a proper guide when I have the time:
3. Export mclaren-carmodel.layer from pkg tab (Thanks to @arvaimate00 for finding it's this file!)
5. -I'm using http://www.jsoneditoronline.org/ to edit these .json files- change mclaren-carmodel.layer to look like this picture View attachment 168327
7. Save the .erp
You're a legend, thank you!

5. -I'm using http://www.jsoneditoronline.org/ to edit these .json files- change mclaren-carmodel.layer to look like this picture View attachment 168327
7. Save the .erp
Thank you! Going to try it out tomorrow and then get to modding!

Is it possible to make the mod come with the chassis switched or does the person installing have to do it themselves?

Thank you! Going to try it out tomorrow and then get to modding!

Is it possible to make the mod come with the chassis switched or does the person installing have to do it themselves?
Because the file is part of the team.erp you could either upload an edited .erp or just the json file for the user to import using EEA. The only problem is that changing the chassis needs the correct paint and decal.
So if you make your alpha romeo on a manor chassis mod it should be fine, just upload the .erp with the paint, decal and json edited.
But if you want a mod that allows the user to select different chassis that's a bit harder as the person downloading might not have the right paint/decal in their team.erp

Because the file is part of the team.erp you could either upload an edited .erp or just the json file for the user to import using EEA. The only problem is that changing the chassis needs the correct paint and decal.
So if you make your alpha romeo on a manor chassis mod it should be fine, just upload the .erp with the paint, decal and json edited.
But if you want a mod that allows the user to select different chassis that's a bit harder as the person downloading might not have the right paint/decal in their team.erp
Cool. Might be worth it to upload some chassis packs as mods.
For the numbers you just use the files from the chassis erp and import them to the modded one right?

Cool. Might be worth it to upload some chassis packs as mods.
For the numbers you just use the files from the chassis erp and import them to the modded one right?
I'm not too sure about numbers - the only idea I had was to change the drivers number to the other teams one

7. Save the .erp
Cheers for the tutorial, I thought I'd let you know that you can just use notepad instead of that site to edit the json files

Hello guys! I have a very interesting question. You know, 10 seasons, and each season the same car. It can be a bit boring. So, is it possible to take models from F1 2015 game where we have 21 types of cars (11 cars in 2014, and in 2015 10 cars)? I think it might work. It should be, how much I figured out, throw the car models from F1 2015 to F1 2016. I tried to do the following: McLaren from 2016 replaced with McLaren from 2015 (just as an attempt). The first step: paint and decal files from 2016 I replaced with those from 2015 - and all is well managed (in the EEA have seen this new texture from 2015). Step Two: Then I carmodel.layer file also replaced, except that I'm in this carmodel.layer file from the 2015 revised - ( "matte binding": "stri eaid: //f1_2016_vehicle_package/teams/mclaren/idf/mclaren.emb ? context = default ") and (" model ":" stri eaid: //f1_2016_vehicle_package/teams/mclaren/idf/mclaren.idf? context = render "). And this is without problems also changed in the EEA. And here I am now stuck :). Now we need to throw in a game that car model McLaren from 2015 instead of from 2016! Had anyone an idea how this could be done (you experienced than me;))? Thank you in advance! :)

Hello guys! I have a very interesting question. You know, 10 seasons, and each season the same car. It can be a bit boring. So, is it possible to take models from F1 2015 game where we have 21 types of cars (11 cars in 2014, and in 2015 10 cars)? I think it might work. It should be, how much I figured out, throw the car models from F1 2015 to F1 2016. I tried to do the following: McLaren from 2016 replaced with McLaren from 2015 (just as an attempt). The first step: paint and decal files from 2016 I replaced with those from 2015 - and all is well managed (in the EEA have seen this new texture from 2015). Step Two: Then I carmodel.layer file also replaced, except that I'm in this carmodel.layer file from the 2015 revised - ( "matte binding": "stri eaid: //f1_2016_vehicle_package/teams/mclaren/idf/mclaren.emb ? context = default ") and (" model ":" stri eaid: //f1_2016_vehicle_package/teams/mclaren/idf/mclaren.idf? context = render "). And this is without problems also changed in the EEA. And here I am now stuck :). Now we need to throw in a game that car model McLaren from 2015 instead of from 2016! Had anyone an idea how this could be done (you experienced than me;))? Thank you in advance! :)
I don't think that would work but if you export the .json in the erp for 2016 to take the model from the 2015 one maybe. You can switch models within the 2016 game now though.

7. Save the .erp
When editing the .json only switch the model to the other one! That way you can have different liveries for the two teams

When editing the .json only switch the model to the other one! That way you can have different liveries for the two teams
Yeah only change the model not mat binding
Cheers for the tutorial, I thought I'd let you know that you can just use notepad instead of that site to edit the json files
That website just gives a better environment for editing (obviously if you know what you're doing you can use notepad)

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 25 24.3%
  • More leagues

Votes: 22 21.4%
  • Prizes

Votes: 20 19.4%
  • Trophies

Votes: 10 9.7%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 6 5.8%