F1 2016 Modding Questions Thread

Hello again,

Having modding issues now since I applied my car texture mods, I have used Paint.Net to apply my Paint texture, steering wheel texture and my decal texture

Its made my car invisible, I remember saving the decals as DXT5 and the rest in DXT 1, is there something I am doing wrong?

I have made all the steps but I can´t import custom helmets to the game someone could help me?
If someone could import then and send me back the files I would appreciate it, I will send them my pm if someone could help me importing them.

Thanks

I just edit the helmets I didn´t create new one so the credits must be given to the creators!

Attachments

• 11.png
    11.png
    232.7 KB · Views: 228
  • 12.png
    12.png
    351.4 KB · Views: 214
I've imported a load of files into the game, and for some reason the game crashes only in career mode, and not in any other game mode (when I try to load up the track the game just black screens and quits). I haven't touched any of the career mode helmet files, therefore does anyone know any other career mode specific files that would cause the game to crash there, but not in quick race?

I've imported a load of files into the game, and for some reason the game crashes only in career mode, and not in any other game mode (when I try to load up the track the game just black screens and quits). I haven't touched any of the career mode helmet files, therefore does anyone know any other career mode specific files that would cause the game to crash there, but not in quick race?
UI package (for example career_hub) maybe?

Screenshot_1.png
So i wanted to retexture cushions for that BMW Sauber mod and this is how it turns out, i replaced all the cushion textures i found, can someone tell me whats the problem or what am i doing wrong or some other texture locations???

Hey guys!

I am painting some new helmets and would like to adjust the textures to the proper helmets.
E.g. the textures should fit the wing model of Kimi's helmet.
So here are my questions:

Is there a way to extract the 3D models of each drivers helmet?
Is the helmet model for carrer mode a standard one, without any wings and other stuff?

Most important is, I would like to adjust the visor logos. And for that, I would need the helmet models.
I tried to figure it ou myself, but couldn't find anything.

Thanks in advance

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea