F1 2016 Modding Questions Thread

Petar is the anyway you can find how to rename the files inside an erp file, for example, I am trying to replace the Williams car with the Mclaren car erps and textures then repaint the Mclaren textures in the williams folder instead of mclaren_ with williams_ then repaint the textures to over come the Martini mirror issue on skin. I managed to replace all the files and textures for the williams to the mclaren car but cannot rename or import into the erp as the new williams.erp file i now have inside the .erp is all mclaren_, can you do your magic to allow renaming of files inside?
That was never possible in any game. It breaks the code.

Petar is the anyway you can find how to rename the files inside an erp file, for example, I am trying to replace the Williams car with the Mclaren car erps and textures then repaint the Mclaren textures in the williams folder instead of mclaren_ with williams_ then repaint the textures to over come the Martini mirror issue on skin. I managed to replace all the files and textures for the williams to the mclaren car but cannot rename or import into the erp as the new williams.erp file i now have inside the .erp is all mclaren_, can you do your magic to allow renaming of files inside?

That's really tough because a lot of the files inside the erp contain references to other files. So not only would I have to rename each file, but I'd have to open every single file, see if there is a string referencing a mclaren file, and change that to reference a williams file.

Helmet Modding Guide
A̶t̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶m̶o̶m̶e̶n̶t̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶c̶h̶a̶n̶g̶e̶s̶ ̶o̶n̶l̶y̶ ̶a̶p̶p̶e̶a̶r̶ ̶a̶t̶ ̶c̶l̶o̶s̶e̶ ̶r̶a̶n̶g̶e̶ *http://www.racedepartment.com/threads/f1-2016-modding-questions-thread.124753/page-5#post-2296103 <- We can now edit the helmets so the changes appear at long range*,
For this example, I will be just changing the top of Jenson Button's helmet to red, just to show you that it works

What you need:

• Installing the Noesis Plugin
  • Once you've downloaded the plugin, move it to Noesis/plugins/python
  • It should now be good to run
2. Exporting the Texture File
  • Navigate to the helmet texture you want to edit. (They are found at Steam/steamapps/common/F12016/character_package/drivers/male) Jenson's Helmet is found here:View attachment 149659 You want to export the helmet_d.tga.mipmaps so in this example, right click jenson_button_d.tga.mipmaps and select export.
  • In the Export menu change the main output type from a tga to DDS and don't change the destination, then click export.
3. Editing the Texture
  • Open the exported texture (e.g. jenson_button_helmet_d.tgaout.dds) in your editing software
  • Once you have edited the texture, save it on your desktop or an easily accessible folderView attachment 149671 There is no need to rename your texture but make sure the DDS save settings are like this.
4. Hex Editing
  • You are going to need to remove the 128 byte dds header that is stored on the file (Don't worry if that didn't make any sense just copy what I do ;))
  • Open your Hex editor (e.g. HxD.exe)
  • Go to file, select open and find the .tgaout.dds you just saved
  • Select and delete the first 128 bytes (Up to and including the row 70)
  • View attachment 149672
  • Then save the file as the original in your drivers textures file in the F1 2016 game and overwrite the original (*MAKE A BACKUP FIRST*)View attachment 149673
4. Test it out In Game
  • Load up f1 2016 and do a quick race as your edited driver, I usually just jump in a one shot qualifying and look at the helmet. http://imgur.com/a/7r5dE
I'm trying to export gen_01_helmet_d.tgaout with Noesis and I just get an error advice saying that an integrer is required. If I try to export any other driver helmet there is no problem but with gen_01 it's impossible

I'm trying to export gen_01_helmet_d.tgaout with Noesis and I just get an error advice saying that an integrer is required. If I try to export any other driver helmet there is no problem but with gen_01 it's impossible
Have you tried using the updated noesis plugin on page 6?

Ok hi guys... I have a problem exporting the decals texture. Im sure this has been answered before but when I tried searching for this I just couldnt understand how this works. So the issue is when I try to export the decals texture it asks to select a mipmaps file for the texture. The question really is now am I doing something wrong? I just want to change a few colours on the lotus_decal.tga :D Pls hallp

Ok hi guys... I have a problem exporting the decals texture. Im sure this has been answered before but when I tried searching for this I just couldnt understand how this works. So the issue is when I try to export the decals texture it asks to select a mipmaps file for the texture. The question really is now am I doing something wrong? I just want to change a few colours on the lotus_decal.tga :D Pls hallp
Have you tried using EEA v2?

I was wondering if maybe it would be possible to use the more detailed helmet shape of the ai drivers for the career helmets. It would look so much better in the cut scenes with the winglets and carbon visor shield.

Could we use for example bottas helmet file and rename it to career helmet file then paint it?

I finally figured out how to stop the helmet issue. No more custom helmet up close then fading away to the original. Sorry if this has already been figured out but I'm happy I solved it for myself at least!

Is anyone aware of how to edit driver names, nationality etc? or is it not possible, I wish it could be as simple as F1 2013 where it was all just in one database!!
To change driver / team names:
  1. Download Ryder Language Editor from ->https://sourceforge.net/projects/petars-programs/ and extract it
  2. Open Ego Language Editor.exe and go file->open and go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\F1 2016\localisation
  3. Find the language you want to edit _ger for german, _eng for english and open it
  4. Then to change Saubers name to Alpha Romeo go to edit-> find and type lng_team_sau_title and replace Sauber F1 team with Alpha Romeo
  5. To Change Drivers name e.g Button to Vandoorne go to edit->find and type lng_drivers_mclaren and replace the J.Button to S.Vandoorne (or whatever driver you want). Then find lng_jenson_button and change it to Stoffel Vandoorne and change lng_jenson to Stoffel. Finally change lng_button to Vandoorne.
  6. Save the updated language file and overwrite the previous one but make sure you back it up.
I don't think we can change drivers nationalities though

Last edited:
Max Verstappen "ORANGE-DUTCH" helmet.
I made this helmet for F1 2015 - checkout the WIP section.
I have DDS-file and now I ask someone who can take it into F1 2016.
Franske :cool:

Attachments

• 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    239.8 KB · Views: 493
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    223.3 KB · Views: 525
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    239.1 KB · Views: 459
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    260.2 KB · Views: 453
Last edited:
To change driver / team names:
  1. Download Ryder Language Editor from ->https://sourceforge.net/projects/petars-programs/ and extract it
  2. Open Ego Language Editor.exe and go file->open and go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\F1 2016\localisation
  3. Find the language you want to edit _ger for german, _eng for english and open it
  4. Then to change Saubers name to Alpha Romeo go to edit-> find and type lng_team_sau_title and replace Sauber F1 team with Alpha Romeo
  5. To Change Drivers name e.g Button to Vandoorne go to edit->find and type lng_drivers_mclaren and replace the J.Button to S.Vandoorne (or whatever driver you want). Then find lng_jenson_button and change it to Stoffel Vandoorne. Finally change lng_button to Vandoorne.
  6. Save the updated language file and overwrite the previous one but make sure you back it up.
I don't think we can change drivers nationalities though
This is brilliant thank you very much!! Hopefully we will work out how to change nationality soon!!

Latest News

Are you buying setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back