Hey guys,

I've got a little problem: I installed this 2015 update (seems to include a couple of mods, but don't ask me which exactly) and when I looked at the pitstands/pitwalls they were completely random, like Lotus crew sitting on a Toro Rosso stand and Toro Rosso crew sitting on a Sauber stand.

I tried to fix this by installing Mr Pibbs Mods (Part 2 and 3s) and this worked pretty well, except the Sauber crew is now sitting on the Marussia stand (but still in front of the Sauber garage) and the Marussia crew has the Sauber stand. How can I fix this quickly? (Btw. Caterham was removed with the 2015 update, but their stand is still there, if that matters?)

Thank you.

SOLVED

In case someone has a similar problem, here's the solution from Mr Pibb:

"To correct the wrong garage order in your mod, edit the database (C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\F1 2014\database\database.bin). You need to install Ego Database Editor for that and you also need the "schema.bin" file for F12014. You need to open the database file with Ego Database Editor (do not double-click on the database file - open via Ego Database Editor).

Goto the "f1teams" section then go to the "garage_id" column. Change Sauber to 10 and Manor to 9. This will correct the pitlane order to true 2015 real-life order. It should not affect your career."

Last edited:
I am very new to F1 on the computer, Yesterday I downloaded a 2015 mod for F1 2014, it is a .rar file, can someone please walk thru the steps that need to be taken to install this mod? Very much appreciate the help.

Hello ladies and gentlemen,

I'm watching for a F1 2014 modification, that balances the Enginepowers of all the teams a bit.
With "only" "a bit" I mean, that Mercedes, Ferrari and Infiniti Red Bull are on ONE level, because I'm tired of seeing always Hamilton or Rosberg at the top (also with RealisticDamageMod). Is there any existing modification and how COULD I do that myself?
I never modded so much in that game so that option should be secondary.
Thanks for response and sorry for language mistakes,

MoeMahtava

*** CHAPTER CLOSED - FOUND IT OUT MYSELF ***

Last edited:
I'm a complete rookie at modding and I was curious if someone could tell me how to make a certain race a night race? Or day to night transition? Supposes I wanted to make The Monaco GP a night race, how would I do that?
Well that's really easy :)

1. Download and install "Ego Database Editor" (http://www.racedepartment.com/threads/ego-database-editor.75377/)
2. Go into your game-installed directory (normally it's @ X:/Program Files/Steam/steamapps/common/F1 2014)
2.1. Go into the "database" folder. For having a backup better copy this to somewhere you can get it back. In this folder you find the "database.bin" - Open "Ego Database Editor" and click onto the menu at "File > Open" and select now your database.bin
3. You will have now a lot of keywords at the left side of your Ego Database Editor window. Double-click the keyword "track_model"
Now you got a lot of settings for all the tracks in the game. If you scroll a bit to the right side, there should be an column with "is_night_race" at the top and boxes to select.
4. Look for your track and set a tick into the box with just clickin'.
4.1 Scroll more to the right side and there should be (amlost at the end) a column called "track_lights_on". This function set on the lights (Wow, just as it already said O.O xD) Now do a tick there as well and save the database.
5. Have you done a backup?
Good! Then just replace it with your "database.bin" in your orignal "F1 2014" file and it should work.

THATS JUST MY THEORY I HAVEN'T TRIED IT YET!!! But please let me know if it works c:

Cheers,
MoeMahtava |m|

Hi Race Department Community,

First post here, but I have been a regular on this website for years. Love the community work on mods here.

Tried F1 2015 recently and I hate it. Went back to F1 2014 now that my PC is on Windows 10, but none of my mods are working. I hate the Codemasters weather system, so I am using Dexter's no rain mod. Worked perfectly on Windows 7, but now that I am on Windows 10 it doesn't seem to work.

Any suggestions? Is this a known issue?

so, i see F1 2014 mod forum is still alive even though 2015 has been released
just a question however.

still playing 2013, but because both games ('13 and '14) use same engine the question should be relevant.

do you guys know how to make the qualifying sessions longer? i just want to make Q3 session run for 15-20 minutes.

• Deleted member 161052

F1 2014 modding still alive? Well...
I've tried out F1 2015 and I kinda enjoyed that game even if there's no Career mode. I liked 2015 because of the detail of the steering wheels and the graphics of all the 2014 and 2015 cars.

In 2014 the steering wheels were looking dull and because Codemasters couldn't do the actual steering wheels, and the handling was too "stiff". But in 2015 the handling was much better than the previous one.

Hi I'm completely new to all this mod stuff I was wondering how do you get the equal cars mod and realistic damage mod for F1 2014 to work and also can you have more than one mod on the game? One more thing what does everyone use for unzipping the mods?

Hi I'm completely new to all this mod stuff I was wondering how do you get the equal cars mod and realistic damage mod for F1 2014 to work and also can you have more than one mod on the game? One more thing what does everyone use for unzipping the mods?
First, You Just Have To Download From This F1 2014 Mods Forums And Then Just Extract It To The F1 2014 Folder, Second, It Depends On What Mod Do You Put, Third, U Can Purchase WinRAR To Extract The Mods

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back