1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F1 2014 Modding Questions Thread

Discussion in 'F1 2014 Mods' started by Graham Laing, Sep 23, 2014.

1. Graham Laing

Graham Laing
    ...... mostly harmless Staff

F1 2014_ModdingForum.jpg

This thread is for F1 2014 modding questions only.

If you have technical questions, please post in this thread and nowhere else. Thanks :)
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2014
    • Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Is the car model / skin mirroring the same as it was in F1 2013?

I.e., less creative freedom for those that would mod.
  3. airutonpurosuto8912

Yes, there is.
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2014
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. airutonpurosuto8912

Anyone thinking that the cameras.xml file will be the same as in F1 2013?
    I think so, because the helmets are the same as in 2012 and 2013.
  5. Sorry, is that a yes? :)
  6. airutonpurosuto8912

Yes. :)
  7. they have confirmed it. in order to get a good quality and improve the skin's quality without wasting many rooms in texture so they can put a larger logos and details. generally speaking, that's a yes.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Thanks
  9. Milos

Had things gone my way, who knows.. Premium Member

I'll try and create at least 1 HD skin this year :D
  10. airutonpurosuto8912

Then I will try one helmet in HD
  11. you know what to prepare for making a HD/DHD for standard or custom skin(s). new carbon parts, new bolts, screws, metals (although you can skip some parts), etc. not only the hi-res logos.
  12. Milos

Had things gone my way, who knows.. Premium Member

Peace out then :D
  13. Is it possible to edit the database in f1 2014 now? The EGO Database Editor doesn't work. When I try to open the database it just comes: The program failed to convert
    • Agree Agree x 3
  14. edit: nvm
    • Like Like x 1
  15. If I edit the teams in the database, the tier and all that, lets say I make Lotus tier 2, will that effect the car im driving or just the AI? My last f1 game on pc was 2012, so I dont remember 100% correctly but I think I read somwhere than that if I change it in the database that only effects the AI cars...
  16. Martin, like you were, I am also getting the failed to convert message when I try to open the database with the database editor. How did you fix this issue?

Edit: And to answer your question I believe it only affects the AI cars and not the human players car.
    Last edited: Oct 18, 2014
  17. The .ctf affect a car's performance (A.I. and player depending on the changed file) more than the database, though.

Btw. (as I don't own this game I can't test it) try to edit the database with hex-editor, worked for me last year.
  18. Just download this: http://www.racedepartment.com/threads/schemaf12014-for-ede.94563/#post-1838826

And just unpack it and put the file in youre Ego Database Editor map
    • Beer Beer x 1
  19. does anyone know where i can find the session intro vids? i'm trying to convert korea, jerez etc into the game but this is the only missing link i believe
  20. Is it possible to take the steering wheels files from 2013 and use them in this &/*! costly game? I mean, the interiors files of Lotus, Williams, Force India and Caterham (with the segmented leds). If it is, I "may" consider buying this botched up (lazy) version... :(