F1 2013 F1 2013 Wish List

F1 2013 The Game (Codemasters)
So we can start this again now and if we are lucky Codemasters can see any Interesting one to develop.
Important ones at a Quick Glance:
01. Better Physics and More Setup options
02. Better AI - Fix especially on the Practice and Qualification the In Lap and Out lap cars are blocking each other
03. All Teams at career start. We only have 5 years in career
04. Dedicated Servers
05. Pre-Season Testing
06. All Practice Sessions
07. Able to watch AI when the Player was in garage
08. Cars and Tracks of Past seasons or atleast from 2009 to 2013 (even as a Purchasable DLC)
09. Safety car to Come out more
10. Original Yellow flag Rules make the cars go slower in yellow flag region along with no overtaking others
11. Formation lap/Warm Up Lap and Celebration lap
12. Punctures when going into marbles or collision between two cars
13. Marshall's should come on the track and remove cars whilst the safety car is out, cars should not just disappear.
14. Flat spots and its Effects over a Stint.
15. Podium celebrations and Interviews Post Race.
16. Helmet / Player Customize Option
17. Replays - Off line and online Post session(P,Q,R)
18. Stable Online Connections PS3 have lot of Disconnections.
19. More Mechanical Gremlins and Add Gearbox Wear and penalties
20. Better Force Feedback
21. Better Penalty System
22. Manual Pit stops and Option to choose Drive through and Pit stop

I personally think that Team Manager Mode or making own liveries/helmets isn't gonna be in next years game. Formation and Celebration lap rather than anything else. Of course they will 'improve' cameras, which I bet will be worse than before. But if they don't give us some of the most wanted features, like you can see here in this forum, and they come here and watch us, I may won't buy next years game. At least a more realistic career should be possible.

Some focus on your relationship to other teams , telemtery data to improve for qualyfing, all Q sessions back (come on thats silly codemasters), more realistic driver behaviour (like we already have after installing some mods from here), formation- celebration lap, and USEFUL information from your race engineer.

I personally think that Team Manager Mode or making own liveries/helmets isn't gonna be in next years game. Formation and Celebration lap rather than anything else. Of course they will 'improve' cameras, which I bet will be worse than before. But if they don't give us some of the most wanted features, like you can see here in this forum, and they come here and watch us, I may won't buy next years game. At least a more realistic career should be possible.

Some focus on your relationship to other teams , telemtery data to improve for qualyfing, all Q sessions back (come on thats silly codemasters), more realistic driver behaviour (like we already have after installing some mods from here), formation- celebration lap, and USEFUL information from your race engineer.

About Usefull information, really need telemetry into the next game.

I would actually like to have some team orders... I mean off course not in the first half, or even the middle of the season, but maybe towards the last few races?
And I want 7 years career back and maybe be able to start in better teams but as test driver?
Formation lap
Practice 1 and 2 back
Pre-season test on Career mode
Telemetry data
Be able to watch other drivers in pit
Safety Car when to much rain, like my Qualify in Spa only 8 drivers manage to put in a lap time, that should have been safety car in race or even red flag..

And also, doesn't codemasters give first screenshots and things like that around melbourne gp?

1. Penalty System Improvement
2. Remove unnecessary stuff like Season Challenge, Time Attack, and Champions Mode(I like YDT)
3. Helmet Livery Editor
4. Fix AI bugs(goes without saying)
5. Most importantly, I would love a Spectator mode where you can watch a previous race from the point of view of all the drivers. This is so that in clean racing leagues people can review the actions of the drivers and determine if a penalty was incorrectly handed to a driver, or not given at all.
6. I would like Career Mode to go on at least 7 seasons, if not indefinitely as most sports games do.

1 no buggy release which needs loads of patches again
2 possibility to save replays and fastest laps
3 more ai accidents
4 visible tyre wear (there are some beautiful mods for f1 2010/2011/2012)
5 t cam which is not so close to the wheel
6 penalty system in online races punishing drivers who drive like madmen and kick out others from the race all the time just for fun
7 in f1 2012, it happens very often that ai drive with slicks in wet circumstances during quali sessions. this has to be changed in 2013

1. Penalty system is a BIG FAIL since 2011 release, and even in 2012 too. This must be the very first priority of Codies to improve on not only in Multiplayer, even in Single Player too.
2. Driver AI must have their own personalities and NOT way too de-humanized AI like the way Gran Turismo 5 did to their AI. I want AI's to have their own personality based on the player's actions within the race.
3. Season Challenge is good but I think 5-lap races of 10 is too short for me. Maybe Codies should adjust this with a bit longer duration of races (let's say 25%, 50% or real number of lap, it may depend on the player's wish) Another thing is that Codies must also put an option to play this mode using your own name or using a real F1 driver for that season.
4. Career Mode has only 1 Practice session. Bring back the 3 Practice sessions Also, the player must be able to select his own rival (except team-mate) from the very first race of the season.
5. Make the weather forecasts more realistic.
6. Make the race engineer more reliable in terms of performance tuning.
7. Research and Development (R&D) mini-games in practice are too easy and short. Make the R&D's more reliastic for this year.
8. Make a new mode for this year's game wherein the player creates his own team, bring out sponsors to your team to add more funds for your car being developed and hire your own staff like hiring your drivers, race mechanics, race engineers, crew etc. It's like NBA 2K or FIFA games actually if you got my point here.
9. I found Champions Mode interesting but the objectives are way too easy. Why not add there some secondary objectives aside from beating that champion to the finish line (best example for this is Vettel's controversial overtake against Webber but the will be playing the role of Webber). Also, give more race situations not only in this season but also even in the past seasons too like Hakkinen (did I spelled it right?) and Schumacher.
10. Make the cars be more realistic. Handling's too arcadey in my case.

I'll post another batch of wishlists when I'm done writing them.

My Wishlist:
1) Podium Finish Celebration
2) Create the driver
i) For Career Mode: I would love to design the face of my driver. :p
ii) For Normal Racing: We can create new drivers and also we can try to make old drivers like Ayrton Senna or other legends. It will be wonderful as we can do Vettel vs. Senna. :p
3) Create the team: More teams can add more action. We can add BMW team or even HRT team. Now by creating the team, we can include Create the Garage and also Create the suit of team/
4) Create our Helmets
5) Create our own track: We can create old tracks and also some new and interesting tracks.
6) Challenge the legend: Very similar to Champions mode but change is we will do the challenges which was done in real. I mean we will try to beat the legend and will try to break the records which was created in past.
7) Strength and Weaknesses + Drivers Specialty: Just like in Fifa games, WWE games or cricket games, how about adding ratings of drivers as well as of cars like:
Vettel: 97, Alonso: 98 etc...
Also we can add his special attributes.
8) Manager Mode: Just like in Career mode, how about a Manager mode? Earn some funds, get some sponsors, work hard and take your team so high that they beat the best teams. :p
9) Reserve Drivers: They must be included even also in Career Mode (if possible). :p

Also I hate one more thing. :(
Let me explain this with example:
Suppose we join Force India in first year, then we replace one of the main drivers like suppose Di Resta while in next year we join suppose McLaren, so in next year we will lose Sergio Perez but Paul Di Resta will return so that's frustrating. I want Perez to stay in career mode even if I join Mclaren. Let him join different team. :D
Also I hate rival thing. :rolleyes:
That's way too easy to change your team, it should be very tough to change your team. So I want some changes in Career mode as well.

I hope you guys will like my suggestions. :p

My Wishlist:
2) Create the driver
i) For Career Mode: I would love to design the face of my driver. :p
ii) For Normal Racing: We can create new drivers and also we can try to make old drivers like Ayrton Senna or other legends. It will be wonderful as we can do Vettel vs. Senna. :p
3) Create the team: More teams can add more action. We can add BMW team or even HRT team. Now by creating the team, we can include Create the Garage and also Create the suit of team/
4) Create our Helmets
5) Create our own track: We can create old tracks and also some new and interesting tracks.
Yes YES YES! :)

Oh yes! Better than champions mode. Play historical scenarios!
Some suggestions:
- Suzuka - Senna's way back to p1 after his crash with Prost in 1989
- Adelaide - Playing as Damon Hill driving behind Michael Schumacher when you see him loosing control over his car for a few seconds. (Race him to the chequered flag)
- Monaco - Driving as Senna in the rain in 1984
- Interlagos - Driving as Lewis Hamilton (2008) behind Vettel with only 2 laps left. But Glocks stays where he is, you have to overtake yourself.
- Interlagos - Driving as Sebastian Vettel (2012) after being hit by Bruno Senna. 100% race for professionals ;-) Weather dynamic with a high chance of rain
- Monza - Driving as Sebastian Vettel (2007) starting from pole position (100%, rain)
- Shanghai - Driving as Sebastian Vettel coming out of the pits with only 3 laps left
- Driving as Button in Abu Dhabi 2009 (50% / 100%)
- Driving as Barrichello in Hockenheim 2000 (100%)

Won't be possible within this year but hopefully we'll get some of these in a few years

tv style and speedometer :)
0.jpg

my list would be
1 Clutch lunch set up so when on warm up lap etc you can set your launch levels for race
2 better safety car
3 marshalls on track and cars been moved
4 pit in button and pit limit button
5 damage repairs as in r factor leave it if not causing a problem
6 as in real f1 more or less wing during the race
7 faults on drs as in alonso race other week
8 warm up lap coming to grid and been interviewed by marting brundle
9 when finish race do a wave to crowd etc and pick up marbles for weight at mo your car gt to be required weight but in real life all cars are vunable to meeting the weightlimit and poss gain a place by other teams failing to do weight requirements
more options on control set up brake balance etc been set by yourself i can use my dial on wheel to + & - it instead of a dpad menu where i have to go through 3 choices to get to menu i need then to only have options of front rear or balanced f1 99 - 02 give you the options of balance by .5 front and rear and was more realistic on been able to setup your own controller like you wanted. thats 10 yrs old but options so much better.

You can get rear end damage now?

Try sliding into a wall backwards, or even have someone ram into you.... the engineer will say "There is damage to the rear wing, we cannot fix it so take it easy" (something along those lines?)
But still it won't fall or Break. It was almost a Tank.
And i don't think CM can change the Damage levels, I Hope CM adds the Weight Distribution but only if it effects the Car perfectly unlike the current

My wish list

1. Formation/parade laps
2. Drive to grid for last minute info/tyre choices if 10th or lower or if the weather turns wet before the start of the race
3. Classic seasons/tracks as additional DLC (would love the old Hockenhiemring track back!)
4. Pre-season testing
5. Create your own team/drivers for 12th team slot
6. Manage F1 teams i.e. car upgrades, tell drivers to push or save fuel/tyre ware
7. AI drivers gaining penalties
8. Realistic player penalties (not the petty ones for light/no incident caused)
9. More faults suspension, engine blowout etc
10. Re-introduction of FP1 and FP2
11. Safety Car to come onto track more
12. Marshals to remove any accidents/cranes and flatbed truck to head back to pit lane via service road
13.Feeder series GP2 and GP3 in career mode and quick race.

Pretty much what I would like Codemasters to produce for next years F1 game.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back