F1 2013 F1 2013 Wish List

F1 2013 The Game (Codemasters)
So we can start this again now and if we are lucky Codemasters can see any Interesting one to develop.
Important ones at a Quick Glance:
01. Better Physics and More Setup options
02. Better AI - Fix especially on the Practice and Qualification the In Lap and Out lap cars are blocking each other
03. All Teams at career start. We only have 5 years in career
04. Dedicated Servers
05. Pre-Season Testing
06. All Practice Sessions
07. Able to watch AI when the Player was in garage
08. Cars and Tracks of Past seasons or atleast from 2009 to 2013 (even as a Purchasable DLC)
09. Safety car to Come out more
10. Original Yellow flag Rules make the cars go slower in yellow flag region along with no overtaking others
11. Formation lap/Warm Up Lap and Celebration lap
12. Punctures when going into marbles or collision between two cars
13. Marshall's should come on the track and remove cars whilst the safety car is out, cars should not just disappear.
14. Flat spots and its Effects over a Stint.
15. Podium celebrations and Interviews Post Race.
16. Helmet / Player Customize Option
17. Replays - Off line and online Post session(P,Q,R)
18. Stable Online Connections PS3 have lot of Disconnections.
19. More Mechanical Gremlins and Add Gearbox Wear and penalties
20. Better Force Feedback
21. Better Penalty System
22. Manual Pit stops and Option to choose Drive through and Pit stop

It's all pretty much been covered now, but here's what I'd like to add.

Maybe Codemasters can release a beta version to gamers like us who are willing to test their game before they release it for public consumption, much like Eutechnyx are doing with Nascar The Game 2013 before they release their PC version. This way, Codemasters can be open to to input from people who are going to be playing their game before their game is released. This will help to remove most bugs from the game and also allow for further suggestions with regards to gameplay and graphics before the game is released officially.

Codemasters could then make changes and corrections based on the beta tester's input and when it gets officially released we will have a far better game to play than ever before.

It would sort out a lot of the issues Codemasters have had with previous versions of the F1 game series.

This is my wish - that they find a better way of getting it all right before they officially release their product. Get it right with minimal bugs, better gameplay, better car handling and physics and better graphics.

1. Cinematics. Podium Cinematics. Driver getting out of the car in case of impossibility to cotinue the race due to huge damage, parc feme parking and maybe a flash of drivers talking on the room after the race, etc;
2. Improved damage to the car in case of crash and huge crash, creating the necessity to visit the pits to change front wing or anything else in the car;
3. More agressive (and balanced) AI
4. FP1 and FP2
5. More important engineer infos during the race;
6. More slots to save setups;
7. Qualifying in one session withouth loading, like in RL;
8. Life on paddock whole thing.

The "life on paddock whole thing" starts on YOU creating the design for YOU OWN helmet. As console player, what sucks for me is that I just can't create my own design and I am obliged to use standard designs. I talked to CM through their page on facebook and they said that is impossible to put selectable sponsors for helmets due to contracts issues. Ok. I don't get it but I respect.
After that, create driver face and the "right" to have your driver name on your suit. Play as yourself in your career with other driver name on your suit is kinda annoying. The height would be nice too. Just like on football (or others sports) games.

I like to be immersive on the game, so, in career, I want to be the driver during the whole weekend, not just during the Q's or the race. I want (or not) to grant interviews and talk to the engineers more often.

Also, like in football games, a fanbase would be cool too, and a test at the begining of your career to LET THE TEAM chose you to sign a contract.

One thing linked to sponsors (which is impossible due to CM contracts issues (sic)) is that you can "recruit" your own sponsors, based on your fanbase, or popularity, like Hamilton was sponsored by Reebok on gloves on boots.

Almost forgot: formation lap and victory lap!

Edited: I always tought about this GP2 inclusion, but I think this is impossible cause if they put a GP2 season (instead a young drivers test, for example) the game will get impossibly large.

1. You have to drive out to the grid, not just let the computer drive out the pit box and then fade to grid.
2. Realistic damage on the wings and suspension, your front wing should break off if you touch the car ahead's wheels, if you rub wheels with another car or the wall your suspension should break and flip round (like in real life).
3. AI cars should have their own crashes, especially at the start.
4. Red flag.
5. you should be able to retire from any session by your own accord not just because you crash! When you do retire, you should be able to watch the rest of the session.
6. Stewards enquiries.
7. You should be able to watch P1, 2,3 and Q1, 2 and 3 with BBC timing graphics.
8. Commentary from the actual races.
9. Incidents that happened in real life should happen in the game too, like crashes, grid spots, winners etc.
10. Marshalls should come on the track and remove cars whilst the safety car is out, cars should not just disappear.

Thank you for reading, I hope you take my ideas into consideration.

1) Will take too much time, and if doing that people will get bored quickly.
4) Red flag happens.
5) Press start and retire from session.

Quite interesting seeing some of the wishes for people, I have loads but reckon most people have covered them.

1. Helmet Design - now I'm not expecting some amazing customisation on par with say Forza, but maybe something simple like a selection of base helmets and you can amend the colours would be nice, so you can at least have a little variation to what you'd want. Highly doubt we'd see sponsors on them though at all, as it is all limited and would cost a fortune for CM to get all the companies to endorse their logos
2. Interviews to return, I loved this feature as it made me feel career mode actually had some relevance and that driving for a lower ranked team was monitored, also I wouldn't mind a podium animation if you get there too.
3. More Difficulties - I found on this game the gulf between some of the AI classes was too big on certain tracks and I had to practice the track more times than ever before just to be competetive. I understand some tracks you will find more challenging, but I found this one had tracks were I couldn't even compete against my TM in Legendary, but drop it to Professional and I'd completely destroy him. So I think with some more difficulties it would be balanced more.
4. Improved AI - I think everyone probably wants this, but I'd like them to attempt so much more, outbreak me, use my slipstream before overtaking, make me think about how best to defend or attack them. Also I'd like them to have more incidents during a race, I found the only times I've ever spotted the AI having a random spin is in 100% and I don't always have the time for this.
5. Safety Car - I'd like to see this more in career but this could also be linked to the post above, I don't think I've ever seen one in my career, compared to others who have seen it.
6. Set-Up Advice improved - I feel the base set-ups are nice, but maybe if they could bring back all the Practice sessions too, then maybe your engineer could advise you a little, for instance he could mention you seem to be losing time in certain sectors/corners, so you should tweak said parts of your set-up in such a way to improve this. That way it should help you understand it more, as no matter how much I read about it, I still find I'm guessing a little bit with set-ups.

Real realistic fuel consumption.
In 2012 when you're almost out of fuel you can drive like forever with heavily reduced speed .

Too add to realism here, what I always do if I run out of fuel during the race is I park my car on the side of track, or the grass or runoff area, wait for yellows to come out for about a minute or so, then manually retire myself from the race.

my wish list:
1. better and more realistic car damage and technical problems
2. safety car - more often on track
3. cars like caterham, marusia - faster than in f1 2012
4. better penalty system and realistic rules
5. full control in pit stop
6. much better career mode - now is too boring = only 5 seassons
7. something like championship mode whit real drivers
8. full control on grid - now in f1 2012 is no chance to get penalty for earlier start
9. watching other drivers when i am in the pit
10. more choices of how many laps something like 20%,30%,40%....
11. fragments of crashed cars can make any car puncture
12. slower cars like in real life = more realistic driving
13. better rain effects ( i dont care about better graphics only this, f1 2012 looks good
14. other drivers go to pit least in the race
15. full control behind safety car = no autobraking
16. some testing in career or other mode

i hope that at least something from my list will be better in f1 2013:)

My wishlist

1. Formation Lap and Victory Lap.
2. Parking your car in Parc Fermé.
3. Higher chance of Safety Car.
4. Customize your own helmet with the teams livery on it.
5. AI improvements.
6. Realistic damage.
7. Standing on the Podium to accept your Trophy and being able to view them in the Main Menu.
8. Interviews like in F1 2011, but make the answers actually affect the gameplay.
9. Living in the Paddock.
10. Make a fair Penalty System.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes