F1 2013 F1 2013 Wish List

F1 2013 The Game (Codemasters)
So we can start this again now and if we are lucky Codemasters can see any Interesting one to develop.
Important ones at a Quick Glance:
01. Better Physics and More Setup options
02. Better AI - Fix especially on the Practice and Qualification the In Lap and Out lap cars are blocking each other
03. All Teams at career start. We only have 5 years in career
04. Dedicated Servers
05. Pre-Season Testing
06. All Practice Sessions
07. Able to watch AI when the Player was in garage
08. Cars and Tracks of Past seasons or atleast from 2009 to 2013 (even as a Purchasable DLC)
09. Safety car to Come out more
10. Original Yellow flag Rules make the cars go slower in yellow flag region along with no overtaking others
11. Formation lap/Warm Up Lap and Celebration lap
12. Punctures when going into marbles or collision between two cars
13. Marshall's should come on the track and remove cars whilst the safety car is out, cars should not just disappear.
14. Flat spots and its Effects over a Stint.
15. Podium celebrations and Interviews Post Race.
16. Helmet / Player Customize Option
17. Replays - Off line and online Post session(P,Q,R)
18. Stable Online Connections PS3 have lot of Disconnections.
19. More Mechanical Gremlins and Add Gearbox Wear and penalties
20. Better Force Feedback
21. Better Penalty System
22. Manual Pit stops and Option to choose Drive through and Pit stop

I wished for it last year, but i'll say it again this year :

Voice Controls

It would be nice to be able to talk with the pit wall over simple things like - Gap Ahead, Gap Behind, Lap Time, Tire Choice for next pit stop.

I like to race with no HUD and hate having to take my hands of the steering wheel and fiddle with the d-pad. Just a couple simple voice commands would be a welcome addition. I know there are some 3rd party programs that can replicate this, but it would be nice to see something built in.

Here is My Wish list for 2013.
1. The Difference between Intermediate and Professional was too much. Make a Balance between all the Levels
2. AI/Player Needs to have a Strategy which resembles Real life. Korea and Singapore has too much Tire wear and making AI to go for 4th Option in 100% races which was not possible in real life
3. Realistic Tire wear for each and Every track. Not just 3 Levels like Low , Medium and High but a broad Variation of wear levels.
4. Dedicated Servers.
5. Like Engine Wear introduce Gear box wear and allow player/AI to change gear box for every 5 races. If a Problem was there then award a 5 place grid penalty with a New gear box.
6. New Mechanical problems and rise of Temps through out the session.
7. If Possible Bring back FP1 and FP2 if not then Atleast give us FP2 with 90 Min instead of FP3. with the Tire allocation of Two Primes and One Option
8. In Career mode allow players to have big teams at the career start. We had 3 years of climbing up the grid and lot of players want to drive for Big teams from the start
9. Setup that effects tire wear more like real life.
10. Punctures of your tire when you have a Colision like Vettel- Karthikeyan or Kimi- Alonso or Grosjean - Di resta and also When you take too much marbles like Hamilton in Germany and Rosberg in Australia when he went over Debris and got Puncture
What's more add to this that the lapped cars behind the safety car can take their laps back and can take over the safety car:)

What's more add to this that the lapped cars behind the safety car can take their laps back and can take over the safety car:)
But first let the Developers make the SC come out when it needed then we can ask them about Lapping Rule under SC ;)
We saw the Hard work done by Remy and his team to Create the triggers but that was the Work need to be done by CM developers.So i hope they can make the triggers for all the circuit in the default game so that we can have the SC deployment from the Collisions in both Online and Offline games.

1. Unlock classic tracks and Cars
2. Employ people on here who make great mods that improve the game.
3. Use HD graphics on Cars etc.
4. Use more realistic car physics.
5. Add test drivers.
6. Add pre-season testing
7. Add podiums and trophies
8. Add press conference

Phew, I think i'm done for now. Hope Codemasters see this.

After reading these comments for a while, the things I am looking forward to in the next game are as follows:

1. Improved AI
2. Penalty System Improvements
3. Customizable Character/Helmet Creator
4. Dedicated Servers
5. Online Practice Sessions

These are by far the most important additions to the next game, and if I don't see the improvement in the penalty system, I will be extremely disappointed. I also believe that the champions mode was rather quite useless. CM could have added more interesting features in career mode or anything of the like, same with Time Attack Mode. The medal system of gold, silver, and bronze could just be used in time trial in wet and dry. As well as a podium cutscene after the races rather than just seeing the winner of the race getting out of their car, showing the drivers blasting champagne upon one another.

In order for that to work we first need the official sessions back. Its an official F1 game, than I want to be able to participate in all the official sessions as well.

Also has anyone mentioned that when the car crashes, the wheels shouldn't fly off, but instead should be still connected to the car (in some cases)

And the HUD should be the same as the one on the live races and sessions on the TV. It would make the game a lot more fun.

In order for that to work we first need the official sessions back. Its an official F1 game, than I want to be able to participate in all the official sessions as well.
Yes. Being an Official Game they must allow Players to have all FP Sessions.
Yep! No idea why the removed most of the practice sessions.

If they put them back in - there should be an option to make it the same handling as online too. As its completely different atm.
They Took it out to include the YDT to help beginners and their Statement about removal of FP1 and FP2 is "As Very Less Number of Players use these sessions and also we are not able to fix tire wear issues when those two are ON. So we decided to remove it"

But at the same time, what does anyone do in the practice sessions?
Do they actually drive the whole period, and keep changing their car setups? It's unlikely that many would do this. One practice session would be enough for this, but at the same time, it should still include all the practice sessions anyway, since it's an official F1 game.

But at the same time, what does anyone do in the practice sessions?
Do they actually drive the whole period, and keep changing their car setups? It's unlikely that many would do this. One practice session would be enough for this, but at the same time, it should still include all the practice sessions anyway, since it's an official F1 game.
What you said is a Valid Point. But to make them Interesting they need to Simulate the Runs the Teams actually do
FP 1 - Doing short runs and assessing the Setup for Track.
FP 2 - Doing Long runs and Managing the Setup.
FP 3 - Doing Short runs and Making the car ready for Qualification.
Then we will have the Game Exactly like Real life. But the Main Question is Can CM do it

What you said is a Valid Point. But to make them Interesting they need to Simulate the Runs the Teams actually do
FP 1 - Doing short runs and assessing the Setup for Track.
FP 2 - Doing Long runs and Managing the Setup.
FP 3 - Doing Short runs and Making the car ready for Qualification.
Then we will have the Game Exactly like Real life. But the Main Question is Can CM do it

good points, and also watching the other teams on the track would be a good addition.

Unlikely by CM but can they add commentary as well?

good points, and also watching the other teams on the track would be a good addition.

They need to make all other cars to be considered as a Object like they are considering Player's car and to do that their Engine needs to be updated. So that their Engine can hold all the 22 cars action for a Specific duration in Memory. Currently the EGO engine can hold the Memory of either Player car or The Other players in the Online Mode once the Player was exited from the Session

No need to commentary IMO, Race Engineer needs to update you with distances to car ahead etc and other 'happenings' on the track as they happen... Not just... E.g. "Pastor has a puncture" - tell me how! even a quick "Pastors just hit another car, he has a puncture"

Anything... more engineer!!!!

They need to make all other cars to be considered as a Object like they are considering Player's car and to do that their Engine needs to be updated. So that their Engine can hold all the 22 cars action for a Specific duration in Memory. Currently the EGO engine can hold the Memory of either Player car or The Other players in the Online Mode once the Player was exited from the Session

I think they (not CM) have done it with older F1 Games (GP4, F1 Challenge etc), even if those games had dated game engines, CM can do it if they want. There are also 2 less cars on the grid which leaves more space.

No need to commentary IMO, Race Engineer needs to update you with distances to car ahead etc and other 'happenings' on the track as they happen... Not just... E.g. "Pastor has a puncture" - tell me how! even a quick "Pastors just hit another car, he has a puncture"

Anything... more engineer!!!!

true, but in F1 CE (PS3) it (commentary) was done and done well, along with the pit radio.

You are right that there needs to be more detail on the pit radio. ;)

Yes. GP4, F1 Challenge has this ability because of their Game Engine. And CM currently using the Game Engine of DIRT or Race Series Engine.(I don't remember Correctly)

can't CM change their engine to make it more accessible?

on F1 Challenge, you could customise the AI etc easily on the game itself. On F1 2012, you have to do it by various tedious steps with advanced software.

EGO v1.0
  • Race Driver: Grid (2008)
  • Colin McRae: Dirt 2 (2009)
  • F1 2009 (2009)
  • Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising (2009)
  • Bodycount (2011)
EGO v1.5
  • F1 2010 (2010)
EGO v2.0
  • Operation Flashpoint: Red River (2011)
  • Dirt 3 (2011)
  • F1 2011 (2011)
  • Dirt: Showdown (2012)
  • F1 2012 (2012)
EGO v3.0
  • Grid 2 (2013)

As if 2012 and 2011 use the same engine, they'll obviously put F1 2013 on v3.0... Unless they miraculously develop it further

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 98 7.8%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 132 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 177 14.1%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 353 28.1%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 493 39.2%