F1 2013 F1 2013 Wish List

F1 2013 The Game (Codemasters)
So we can start this again now and if we are lucky Codemasters can see any Interesting one to develop.
Important ones at a Quick Glance:
01. Better Physics and More Setup options
02. Better AI - Fix especially on the Practice and Qualification the In Lap and Out lap cars are blocking each other
03. All Teams at career start. We only have 5 years in career
04. Dedicated Servers
05. Pre-Season Testing
06. All Practice Sessions
07. Able to watch AI when the Player was in garage
08. Cars and Tracks of Past seasons or atleast from 2009 to 2013 (even as a Purchasable DLC)
09. Safety car to Come out more
10. Original Yellow flag Rules make the cars go slower in yellow flag region along with no overtaking others
11. Formation lap/Warm Up Lap and Celebration lap
12. Punctures when going into marbles or collision between two cars
13. Marshall's should come on the track and remove cars whilst the safety car is out, cars should not just disappear.
14. Flat spots and its Effects over a Stint.
15. Podium celebrations and Interviews Post Race.
16. Helmet / Player Customize Option
17. Replays - Off line and online Post session(P,Q,R)
18. Stable Online Connections PS3 have lot of Disconnections.
19. More Mechanical Gremlins and Add Gearbox Wear and penalties
20. Better Force Feedback
21. Better Penalty System
22. Manual Pit stops and Option to choose Drive through and Pit stop

EGO v1.0
  • Race Driver: Grid (2008)
  • Colin McRae: Dirt 2 (2009)
  • F1 2009 (2009)
  • Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising (2009)
  • Bodycount (2011)
EGO v1.5

• F1 2010 (2010)
EGO v2.0

• Operation Flashpoint: Red River (2011)
  • Dirt 3 (2011)
  • F1 2011 (2011)
  • Dirt: Showdown (2012)
  • F1 2012 (2012)
EGO v3.0

• Grid 2 (2013)
As if 2012 and 2011 use the same engine, they'll obviously put F1 2013 on v3.0... Unless they miraculously develop it further

don't get your hopes high ;)

Dan Hawkins Thanks for the Info Mate
So Unless we see the Features of Requested in Grid 2 we don't see any Big improvements in F1 2013.
But They have lot of Time to Develop of Core game as the Regulations are perfectly Stable with Minor Changes. So they can Improve the Lap times / Grip Levels and Improve Tire wear system. instead of Going for Some COOL FEATURES which causes lot more Bugs.

So Unless we see the Features of Requested in Grid 2 we don't see any Big improvements in F1 2013.
But They have lot of Time to Develop of Core game as the Regulations are perfectly Stable with Minor Changes. So they can Improve the Lap times / Grip Levels and Improve Tire wear system. instead of Going for Some COOL FEATURES which causes lot more Bugs.
Anytime bud :)

They might develop it into 3.5.... Depends how the feedback for GRID 2 comes I guess....

Who knows EGO 3.0 could be a WORLDLY engine from Codemasters *tries not to laugh* :p
May be of some use to you: Click Me

Infact, they have a lot of time and a lot of space. They are technically removing if anyting - an example is DRS only in specific areas (so they are removing it in parts of each track). They are also dealing with one less track. CM has no excuses this time.

1 - Real damage, like the suspension can just break very easily just like what you see here for example. I know this wont be improved because of the lisense, but this is the weakest area of the F1 series by codemasters. I mean if I make a mistake and hit the wall, I want to be punished. Just losing your front wing is not good enough..

2 - Better AI. And maybe have a slider for difficulty. F1 2012 is an improvement, but still there is a huge amount of improvement needed.

3 - Penalty system. No brainer, needs to be improved hugely.

4 - Manual starts. Just flooring the throttle is rubbish. There needs to be different settings like a clutch or something.

5 - Having less rain.

I could go on. But really, an F1 game needs to be as realistic as possible, just like what we see on TV. That is formation lap and celebration lap. Being able to drive back to the pits after the race and being in control of your celebrations as you hop from the car. Podium cinematics, being interviewed more and better answers. Real commentary before sessions, like James Allen and Martin Brundle giving information on the circuit and the weather, and then they stop talking when the action starts, only to come back at the end when the winner crosses the finish line. "What a terrific victory for Kimi Raikkonen". I want to hear something like that at the end of the races. Getting FP1 and FP2 back and getting rid of the utter rubbish and drivel that is the champions mode and season challenge. Just focus on making career mode and online better codies, that's what people want. Better race engineer. A game that is free from bugs. More realistic objectives in career mode. 16th in qualifying when I'm driving for Caterham? Get outta here..

If you include/fix all of this, you've made a great game. :)

More realistic objectives in career mode. 16th in qualifying when I'm driving for Caterham? Get outta here..

Agreed The Objectives must be limited to a Position according to Team
If you Restrict the Objectives to a Certain Position If Players exceed it then increase his reputation level.
Marussia Lowest P 21 and Highest could be P19
Caterham Lowest P20 and Highest P18 or some thing Like that could be good enough

I said it all but I wish to add one more that I've never seen here.
TV-like replays. Really, I'm sick with the same replay style every frikin year.
It even when, you know, camera start fly in front of the car. Or behind. Orfrom
the one or other side. I mean.... really.... do we see that kind of *hit on TV ?
Why can't we just have it like it's on TV !?? IS it THAT hard ? Third year in a row.
And this will be the forth, cuz I don't believe they'll change anything at this department.
In some more arcade like game I could understand this but this supposed to be simulation
of F1 racing, c'mon... If I know how I would modify this by myself but I don't. I'm no expert
but shouldn't be easier to just put ~20 cameras around the damn track and stop joking with
all those flying and the ones that follow car mounted ...somewhere on air, or on un-natural
places on the car cams ? For me, this is the real immersion killer. But maybe I'm the only one.
Not that I said all the things you said are less important. Far from that. Just... I have read some
pages and couldn't see it's mentioned somewhere.

Gearbox - wear + penalty system
Flatspots (tyres play an even bigger role this year)
View other cars while in pit box like in Geoff Crammond's GP 4
A talk to engineer feature would be cool (eg: asking for tyres condition, gap in front, gap behind, pace)
Pit problems (wheel not coming off)
Safety Car race starts
Pit options: choosing whether to pit or to do penalty and change front wing angle (eg. if conditions change or car is not as heavy etc)
Smaller gap between difficulty levels!
And I want to actually see something in the rear view mirros, like I did in GP4!

Just saying, that If people on this site can work wonders with the game, and make game-enhancing mods, then why can't Codemasters? Surely they can, this time around.

What I really hope to see in F1 2013:
1. Formation lap and celebrating lap : I would really like this, that would make the game more realistic
2. A room for trophies : we don't get anything for winning a race or even the DWC, we only get an e-mail from the boss of our team : a room full of trophies would be very nice to watch
3. More difficulty levels : I don't know how to name them, but make 7-8 difficulty levels, instead of just 4. The gap between them is too damn high :)
4. More race distance option : like 30%, 40%, 75%. For me, 50% is a little bit too much, so I would like to race in 40% race length. Five or six laps less would count very much to me
5. Better replay system : let me tell you a personal example - in Abu Dhabi, if I remember well, I got a 10 seconds penalty. Of course, I went to Instant Replay, to see what happened. I could see a BIG portion of track, but not my and Karthikeyan's car. I couldn't see what went wrong. And, in another race, I hit the wall and wanted to see it again in Instant Replay : guess what? The Camera changed right before the impact and I couldn't see nothing. This has to be fixed!
6. Penalty system : it is a joke. Sometimes, just for fun, I hit the cars behind me ( in Career, not in Multiplayer ) and I don't get any Penalty. But sometimes, some idiot behind me tries to overtake me in a corner and spin out : I get a Penalty.
7. Manual Pit-Stops : I would like to push the Pit-Stop Limiter button myself and drive it into the pits : hitting the mechanics could be fun ( joking:) )
8. More fuel mixes : I don't know how many fuel mixes are in a real Formula 1 car, but sometimes I need a mix somewhere between Normal and Rich and sometimes a mix between Lean and Normal. In Rich, the fuel runs out too easy for me.
9. Some Pit Stop failures : come on, every single pit stop in this game is perfect? I would really like some bad applied tires and abandons because of that : that brings more accuracy to the real F1.
10. Another fixes that I can't think about, like the AI gettinng dry times in a wet track, when sselecting the option to go back to garage in the menu, or when turning the game speed to 6X or 30X. Another cool thing would be to have more Safety Cars : when there is a HUGE crash on the track : there are two option : red flag or the debries are cleaned too quick. Those cars are teleporting or what?

If F1 2013 will have those, I will deffinitely buy that game.

For me new addition on my last request.

- TV Broadcasting camera.... Can we get a real Tv Broadcasting camera and surely not get always same view at the same place and every lap.... Bit annoying. When we watch full race replay at the end. Can we check every car into the race... not only us ?!

- Spectating Offline mode..... Like we can doing with Geoff Crammong games.... just watching a full race without driving anything !! About this add the ways the Camera change itself automaticcly to show us what happen big on the track... like an accident or overtaking ?!

- Adding telemetry to understand what we do on track. compare lap to an other one to check where we loose time on a corner between the other lap.

- Carreer mod, i want to every driver receive a contract..... also for team test driver. For who doesnt have a PC version... can get something different yrs after yrs in career mode.

- A little bit funny feature. Some mouvement we can do into a race like make a finger to someone do something stupid to us, or just raise the hand to says (What the f.... loll)

- Team Manager mode, manage a F1 team ( surely get a new spot for this team ) and try to get a top team at the end ( after few yrs ) Manage Driver, manage improvement of the car... etc and can watch the race on team wall spot. Says to one driver, slow down... dont overtake your team mate.... go to pit now etc.....

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back