F1 2013 F1 2013 Wish List

F1 2013 The Game (Codemasters)
So we can start this again now and if we are lucky Codemasters can see any Interesting one to develop.
Important ones at a Quick Glance:
01. Better Physics and More Setup options
02. Better AI - Fix especially on the Practice and Qualification the In Lap and Out lap cars are blocking each other
03. All Teams at career start. We only have 5 years in career
04. Dedicated Servers
05. Pre-Season Testing
06. All Practice Sessions
07. Able to watch AI when the Player was in garage
08. Cars and Tracks of Past seasons or atleast from 2009 to 2013 (even as a Purchasable DLC)
09. Safety car to Come out more
10. Original Yellow flag Rules make the cars go slower in yellow flag region along with no overtaking others
11. Formation lap/Warm Up Lap and Celebration lap
12. Punctures when going into marbles or collision between two cars
13. Marshall's should come on the track and remove cars whilst the safety car is out, cars should not just disappear.
14. Flat spots and its Effects over a Stint.
15. Podium celebrations and Interviews Post Race.
16. Helmet / Player Customize Option
17. Replays - Off line and online Post session(P,Q,R)
18. Stable Online Connections PS3 have lot of Disconnections.
19. More Mechanical Gremlins and Add Gearbox Wear and penalties
20. Better Force Feedback
21. Better Penalty System
22. Manual Pit stops and Option to choose Drive through and Pit stop

1. You have to drive out to the grid, not just let the computer drive out the pit box and then fade to grid.
2. Realistic damage on the wings and suspension, your front wing should break off if you touch the car ahead's wheels, if you rub wheels with another car or the wall your suspension should break and flip round (like in real life).
3. AI cars should have their own crashes, especially at the start.
4. Red flag.
5. you should be able to retire from any session by your own accord not just because you crash! When you do retire, you should be able to watch the rest of the session.
6. Stewards enquiries.
7. You should be able to watch P1, 2,3 and Q1, 2 and 3 with BBC timing graphics.
8. Commentary from the actual races.
9. Incidents that happened in real life should happen in the game too, like crashes, grid spots, winners etc.
10. Marshalls should come on the track and remove cars whilst the safety car is out, cars should not just disappear.

Thank you for reading, I hope you take my ideas into consideration.

1. I think there are bigger things to worry about in advancing development of the game, it will come but right now there are other features more important to work in.
2. Now what fun would that be to an average gamer? I think you have to separate reality from virtual when most people race using a controller. Further more they can't have realistic crashes in a video game about the sport.
3. They do have them, but it's not often. To create such a thing would need for scripting and I can tell you that will annoy you more the long run then you will find enjoyable.
4. Refer to number 3 really but there are red flags but they are really rare.
5. refer to 1. My question to you is why in a single player mode would you want to crash out and watch?
6. How on earth would that work in a video game?
10. I'll give you that but again, refer to number 1.

I agree with some of your points but it's not practical nor some of it possible to add, they have a small team to work on it and I think there are much bigger things to sort out then things like Marshall's, I agree it would be a great little addition but at the moment the work for that little feature would be no worth the long run returns.

The classic addition is such an amazing feature and the expansion possibilities of it are huge, I think a little credit where it's due wouldn't go amiss.

OMG - don't some people ask for the craziest stuff !! Would like to mention a few but couldn't stop laughing !! How about we put either a P or a NP @ the end of our wish lists ! P=programmer & NP=Non Programmer.

If like to see or hear when every single driver enters the pits, whether its a scheduled or unscheduled stop.

I'd also like to see a flashing light pop on the dashboard or HUD momentarily when the race leader passing start/finish line.

Thanks for reading.
NP

After 3 years, I can't expect anything from CM. Better AI, physics, penalty system, weather system, official event time table and so on, everything did not implemented properly.

The only thing I want is real F1 tracks. In this game series, there are a lot of wrong curbs and bumps. We can't trace the racing line of real world because of these. These are nothing to do with technical difficulty. These can be fixed even if CM's technical level is terrible because it's only matter of carefulness.

Safety car deployments for debris on track. It would add to realism plus slightly increase the chance of SC deployment. I say slightly increase because the damage model used by codemasters doesn't really allow for much damage to cars anyway.

So we can start this again now and if we are lucky Codemasters can see any Interesting one to develop.
Important ones at a Quick Glance:
01. Better Physics and More Setup options
02. Better AI - Fix especially on the Practice and Qualification the In Lap and Out lap cars are blocking each other
03. All Teams at career start. We only have 5 years in career
04. Dedicated Servers
05. Pre-Season Testing
06. All Practice Sessions
07. Able to watch AI when the Player was in garage
08. Cars and Tracks of Past seasons or atleast from 2009 to 2013 (even as a Purchasable DLC)
09. Safety car to Come out more
10. Original Yellow flag Rules make the cars go slower in yellow flag region along with no overtaking others
11. Formation lap/Warm Up Lap and Celebration lap
12. Punctures when going into marbles or collision between two cars
13. Marshall's should come on the track and remove cars whilst the safety car is out, cars should not just disappear.
14. Flat spots and its Effects over a Stint.
15. Podium celebrations and Interviews Post Race.
16. Helmet / Player Customize Option
17. Replays - Off line and online Post session(P,Q,R)
18. Stable Online Connections PS3 have lot of Disconnections.
19. More Mechanical Gremlins and Add Gearbox Wear and penalties
20. Better Force Feedback
21. Better Penalty System

22. Manual Pit stops and Option to choose Drive through and Pit stop

Agree with you.

As for me I would add:

1. Ability to adjust xbox controller sensitivity, saturation etc for steering, brakes and throttle and steering lock. Lock is sometimes pathetic on the pad because you have to get it spot on, not slightly up or down.

2. As someone has already posted, either consistent car handling or a "sprint mode" or "equal" car available in TT with which to test set-ups on each of the circuits.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 296 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 204 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 199 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 147 7.6%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 262 13.6%