Resource icon

Tracks Donington Park 2.02

Login or Register an account to download this content
Ahh I mistake I thought it was. Is your version more accurate than theirs or is theirs very close to reality?

I checked some videos and it does seem that the down hill section is indeed steep and very similar to theirs (there is a comparison video) and I do enjoy the up hill and down hill nature of that track.

This version is absolutely remarkable for a mod, but it does feel a little latter than theirs, but that's not to say theirs is right I suppose :)

In September last year the Environment Agency made LIDAR data available for much of the UK. I was curious to see how close I'd got, considering I'd started from nothing more than this:

DoningtonParkContours.png

Here's a comparison of mine (red) against it corrected with the LIDAR (blue):

DoningtonLidarComparison.png

It's unfortunate that the area containing Redgate and the top half of the Craner Curves is missing from the scan, but given the rest is so close I'm pretty confident the rest won't be not far off. There's certainly no scope for making the first part of the Craner Curves any steeper.

It's possible that pCars version might just 'feel' different due to FoV settings etc. Otherwise it's probably just wrong. ;)

Before anyone mentions it here, the consensus over at the official forums is that I got a bit carried away with the bumps. In hindsight I agree, so have been messing about a bit more and have a new kn5 which I'm hoping will get more positive feedback.

If anyone's interested, it can be downloaded here.

Hello,

I meant about penalties corner, it would be great if you add them.
A lot of people use it in races because it is the best way to avoid corner cutting.
Again, you did a great job with this track. It is really impressive compare the other mods.
:)

In September last year the Environment Agency made LIDAR data available for much of the UK. I was curious to see how close I'd got, considering I'd started from nothing more than this:

DoningtonParkContours.png

Here's a comparison of mine (red) against it corrected with the LIDAR (blue):

DoningtonLidarComparison.png

It's unfortunate that the area containing Redgate and the top half of the Craner Curves is missing from the scan, but given the rest is so close I'm pretty confident the rest won't be not far off. There's certainly no scope for making the first part of the Craner Curves any steeper.

It's possible that pCars version might just 'feel' different due to FoV settings etc. Otherwise it's probably just wrong. ;)

Sweet!
That's pretty dam close and as I said SERIOUSLY impressive! While your version is slightly flatter in that section in the left (which is the section I'm on about) I suppose it's negligible really.

Great track, incredibly well done, looks as good as in game content and for what's it's worth, I actually thought the bumps were a blast :} it's crazy good fun with a few surprises on the road, I'll stick with the default file ;)

It's bloody impossible to please everybody!

The only way to settle this for certain is to have a whip-round for laser scanning. I'm having absolutely nowt to do with that but look forward to getting my hands on the data.

After watching some more on-boards what you have now is much more accurate. The track simply is not as rough as 1.12 was. It's an amazing mod and I'm so glad you continue to update it. It's a great track and deserves every bit of love and attention you have given it.

EDIT: This is one of the videos I looked at. Light and stiff cars are the best to find bumps. And this car barely moves around at all.

Last edited:
EDIT: This is one of the videos I looked at. Light and stiff cars are the best to find bumps. And this car barely moves around at all.
Thanks for the video.

Despite the noise I've added to the track being procedural, while doing the improvements for 1.13 I found a reasonably straightforward way to locally control it so should be able to add and remove bumps where necessary. Will scrutinise the above and any others I can find, would be nice to get it more accurate rather than random for the next version.

Not to bang on about it, but that video also demonstrates how the downhill section after the first long right hand corner, is a steep down hill section.

The data above shows that your version is flatter than the Lidar data, and the video looks exactly like the PCars version (steeper down hill section)

I'm not sure how much it bothers anyone else, but the greatest USP of DP is it's huge undulations. Is there any way you would consider making that section a little steeper to more accurately match the lidar data / video etc or is it just to much now this late in the game?

The section im on bout starts at around 40s and finishes at 50s in the video.

You can see how steep it is, but side by side with your version of the track, there is less drops / undulation / steepness to that section in your version vs the video.

Last edited:
I never got to drive 1.12....got 1.13 this morning....though the bumps where pretty smooth....anyway of have the bumpier version as add on for preference purpose????? is it just a little tweak or a whole re write? trust me, the best track add on AC has ever seen....I am not that hung up on the bumps, but if it where simply a file swap.....would love to see what all the fuss was about

Hi, I am having problems with Donington track, it won't load. I just come back to the previous page where I select car and track. I have no other issues with any other track. I don't know if has anything to do with Windows 10 upgrade or any AC upgrade. It's a shame becuase I really like this track.

Hi, I am having problems with Donington track, it won't load. I just come back to the previous page where I select car and track. I have no other issues with any other track. I don't know if has anything to do with Windows 10 upgrade or any AC upgrade. It's a shame becuase I really like this track.
Please attach your log file (Documents/Assetto Corsa/logs/logs.txt) so we can have a look what's wrong.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.