Resource icon

Tracks Donington Park 2.02

Login or Register an account to download this content
AI don't get penalties. AI lines on the chicane are done in a way that they will cut the corner. The track limits on Donington are generous to say the least in a few corners, like the chicane. I think PierRacer is just taking it a little bit too far, it does allow quite blatant corner cutting for the player too.

The AI on Donington are on the slow side and stricter limits and lines on the chicane would just cause them to be slower.

Last edited:
Hello Brun,

I've been trying for a few days to completely close the National variant for the GP variant with a wall, because in the GP variant you can unfortunately also drive straight over the grass and gravel.

The walls that I wanted to add are also displayed in the game, but unfortunately you can drive through them.

That's why I wanted to ask you if you could maybe create a wall for me that works properly?

Here is a picture where I would like to insert the wall:
new-wall.png

If that were possible, that would be really great.

Many thanks in advance :)

With kind regards
Stefan

Last edited:
look into surfaces.ini to see if there is something that is used for collision (like grass/trarmac) and it should work

or see what naming structure collision meshes have, I don't remember it form the top of my head

Hello Patrik,

I tried to name the wall exactly like the other walls that work but unfortunately without success :(

I even put up a wall in front of the old pit entrance that only works as soon as I want to put up the wall in the area for chicane, it doesn't work :(

What do you mean by the surfaces.ini there is nothing about the walls inside, only the surface what grip the respective covering has, whether the covering is valid or not.

I had the problem with the wall on other racetracks that's why I wanted to ask the creator of the track whether he can create a wall for me :) I've tried it but unfortunately it doesn't work: /

With best regards
Stefan

Last edited:
Hello,

I have now tried to use the wall from the already existing gp.kn5 and have now edited this as well as the gp_phys.kn5, but unfortunately this does not work either :(

Here are two pictures:
First picture the working wall, which was already included.
wall-funktioniert.jpg

Second picture the same wall which unfortunately does not work.
Wall-no-funktion.jpg

But unfortunately it doesn't matter what I do :( , and I just don't understand why this is so :(

maybe one of you can help me with this :)

With kind regards
Stefan

You will need to have a mesh in place that tells AC to make it collidable.
So for instance, here I made a single vertical plane and called it 1WALL_nationalcut (nWALL (n>=1) is used for collidable walls), exported to wallnationalcut.kn5, and added to the models_gp.ini with

Code:
[MODEL_8]
FILE=wallnationalcut.kn5
POSITION=0,0,0
ROTATION=0,0,0

Be sure to remove the .txt from the end, and place it inside the /doningtonpark2018/ folder.

I'm not sure how this affects multiplayer races. It might be your idea to use this in a league of some sorts. Although then I think you should just DQ drivers that cut the track. AI will never cut the track. So I'm not really sure what the purpose is. Anyway, enjoy :)

Attachments

• wallnationalcut.kn5.txt
    6.3 KB · Views: 72
Thank you very much :)

This works wonderfully :)

Yes exactly we use this for our league race and since we also drive for an hour we would have to, should the track remain open, also the whole hour to see if there is really no one to shorten the track so and then punish if there is not even this possibility to shorten the track so this test would already be omitted :)

Thank you in any case for creating this wall :)

With kind regards
Stefan

AI don't get penalties. AI lines on the chicane are done in a way that they will cut the corner. The track limits on Donington are generous to say the least in a few corners, like the chicane. I think PierRacer is just taking it a little bit too far, it does allow quite blatant corner cutting for the player too.

The AI on Donington are on the slow side and stricter limits and lines on the chicane would just cause them to be slower.

I'm having the same issue actually, and I think there is something wrong with the AI lane (which doesn't excuse my bad driving). Also, if I display the ideal line, it cuts through the chicane.

The black car is the AI taking the Fogarty Esses, while I, in the red car, get a penalty. It looks to me that I keep more to the left than the AI there, with the left wheels on the curb. Obviously the AI makes a straighter line.

Is there a way to change the penalty lanes/track limits, or is it similar to having to record the AI lane?

donington_AI.png
donington_Player.png

whenever i ty to extract iit it says error 0x8096002A No error description. When tryingn to move the folder directly from inside the zip archive, it says that thhe KN5 file is stopping the transfer from working.

I have also tried putting the entire zip folder into the the 'tracks' directory

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back