Attachments

• Screenshot_ks_mazda_mx5_nd_doningtonpark_28-9-116-23-15-51.jpg
    Screenshot_ks_mazda_mx5_nd_doningtonpark_28-9-116-23-15-51.jpg
    462.2 KB · Views: 222
  • Screenshot_ks_mazda_mx5_nd_doningtonpark_28-9-116-23-19-52.jpg
    Screenshot_ks_mazda_mx5_nd_doningtonpark_28-9-116-23-19-52.jpg
    735.3 KB · Views: 187
Copy and paste from Kunos forums...

"It's mostly textures and shaders. Grass and gravel is now all using the multilayer shader which means no more massive 8k textures but it actually looks better up close. Similarly the road has been redone (again) and up close (including - importantly - from behind the wheel) is much improved. The screenshots do neither of the above justice.

Despite making things look much better the new textures mean the kn5 is currently 100MB smaller than 1.13. All round win :)

At some point I want to update things to 2016 (or 17) spec. The runoffs and apexes of corners are mostly new, for example. I want to update the infield to the newly landscaped version instead of it currently resembling a building site. Annoyingly the latter of those is really difficult to get reference for. If anyone flies from East Midlands airport a few aerial reference pics would be much appreciated."

Skidmarks and track rubbering is top of the list of things to do before 1.14 is released :)

"It's mostly textures and shaders. Grass and gravel is now all using the multilayer shader which means no more massive 8k textures but it actually looks better up close. Similarly the road has been redone (again) and up close (including - importantly - from behind the wheel) is much improved. The screenshots do neither of the above justice.

Despite making things look much better the new textures mean the kn5 is currently 100MB smaller than 1.13. All round win :)

At some point I want to update things to 2016 (or 17) spec. The runoffs and apexes of corners are mostly new, for example. I want to update the infield to the newly landscaped version instead of it currently resembling a building site. Annoyingly the latter of those is really difficult to get reference for. If anyone flies from East Midlands airport a few aerial reference pics would be much appreciated."

Skidmarks and track rubbering is top of the list of things to do before 1.14 is released :)
Sounds great! I'm always available for testing if you need extra eyes on it.

• Deleted member 130869

Thanks for the continued work here :). When you do update your work, will you rename it so we can have more than one Donny, and so we never lose this layout?

can't seem to load the track properly now. Not sure if it's an AC update but the track is see through and basically undriveable. Anyone else having similar issues or do I have corrupt files?

I still run 1.13 here occasionally to compare it to the latest and haven't had any problems.

Pretty much done with 1.14, hoping to release that Sunday.

Thanks for the continued work here :). When you do update your work, will you rename it so we can have more than one Donny, and so we never lose this layout?
You can have several versions installed, just needs some editing of files...

1. Rename the folder - i.e. doningtonpark1_13 (I'd suggest avoiding using spaces or 'special' characters, bad juju)
2. Rename doningtonpark.kn5 to match the new folder name
3. Edit the model_gp.ini and models_national.ini files so line 2 matches the renamed kn5

Brun updated Donington Park with a new update entry:

Donington Park 1.14

version 1.14

Completely new textures and shaders for grass and sand
Improved track, kerb and surrounding textures
Increased 3D grass density
Fixed overexposure problem, fingers crossed
Fixed lenient penalty situation at National Circuit Esses
Added *no balloons*
Added other stuff instead

No physics changes, driving should be as 1.13

Read the rest of this update entry...

Just tested and overall nice update. My only complaint is some serious pop in of the main catch fence and some other objects but mainly the fence. I run an FOV of 40 on this machine.

Meant to comment in the update that I'd been optimising LOD setting for the sake of performance, expected there was a chance I might have been a bit aggressive.

If you could post screenshots of where it's noticeable I'll sort it out.

Excellent update - Optimized and better looking:)

I also get pop ins on fences (FOV 50) as Lilski says mostly on main catch fence

Example: straight forward in the start/finish straight you get the white fence pop in
it happens at several points over the track to the same fence.

b4d397f7d0.jpg

b4d999aba0.jpg

Latest News

What does easier access mean to you?

• Free access

Votes: 116 69.9%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 42 25.3%
  • Better structured forum

Votes: 33 19.9%
  • Standard game content

Votes: 33 19.9%