1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Tracks Donington Park 1.15

Donington Park GP and National Circuits, painstakingly built from scratch

1. Brun submitted a new resource:

Donington Park GP Circuit - Donington Park GP Circuit, painstakingly built from scratch

Read more about this resource...

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 19, 2014
    • Like Like x 13
    • Winner Winner x 3
  2. Si

Si
    Premium Member

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Hi all, and thanks for the positive reviews.

Just wanted to give you a quick heads up that some people seem to be having a problem with running a server. As mentioned in the track description there are only 19 pit spaces, which might cause issues if the server is set to more. However at least one person has said they can only get it to run in booking mode, pickup wouldn't work at all.

This is all very new to me so I was expecting a few teething problems but hopefully they'll get sorted out quickly. If anyone with more experience running servers can find any useful info from the logs etc. which might help that would be very much appreciated.

There's also no pit_lane.ai file included in the download so you can't run a race weekend with AI (single races should work fine). Someone over at the official forums posted one which can be installed if necessary.

Regarding textures, I agree that they could be improved and certainly intend to look into it. Obviously have more critical things to sort out at the moment tho', so please bear with us.

Brun

• Like Like x 2
    • Beer Beer x 2
  4. Thanks for this, Brun, top quality work.

5. Andreas Knöpke

Andreas Knöpke
    Let's drive side by side! Premium Member

Can't wait to get home but 19 pit slots really is a bit shy of the usual amount. In any way, can't wait to get home and play :)

Edit 1:
    I get a black sky in replays.
    Anyone else go this?

Edit 2:
    Additionally, it seems that the gras does not slow you down really, and it doesen't seem to have less grip than the ashphalt provides. So this feels a bit off also cos most gras areas are also super flat, meaning no FFB effects are at all.

Furthermore, a few more objects for the infield would make the replays nicer. Looks very flat and empty really - despite the afore mentioned black sky obviously.

mod-edit: consolidated these for you ,) please keep the forum tidy

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 20, 2014
  6. Brun updated Donington Park GP Circuit with a new update entry:

Track updates

Read the rest of this update entry...

7. Sunny Sky Speed

Sunny Sky Speed
    Livery Designer Premium Member

mod-edit: link removed, there is already a download opportunity for the other version

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 20, 2014
  8. Sunny, how much did you pay for the version you already owned?
    It was not illeagal, just converted from another sim with the original authors permission otherwise it would have been pulled off the site.
    As the new scratch built track author said, this is not a finished product yet.
    He or you are free to create any scratch built track you like.
    And because he is not charging you for all his hard work don't download it if you don't want it?

Ron

9. Sunny Sky Speed

Sunny Sky Speed

I was so wrong back then. My god, have I been clueless. Sincere apologies.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2016
  10. Chris Stacey

Chris Stacey
    Ted Kravitz Appreciation Society Staff Premium Member

For the most part, that old Donington conversion isn't great.
    As far as conversions go, it's quite good, but in terms of recreating a realistic virtual version of Donington, it's terrible.

Brun's version is far far better, and it's being made from scratch, and with actual references from real life with help from people in the community. This is what modding should be about!

Thanks for the hard work Brun!
    Outstanding quality :)

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Its not a great version of the track, that's why he is creating one....

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. @Sunny
    I understand your reasoning to an point, but to evolve and remove from the converting tracks craze, to actually use the tools to build tracks! That in the end when people have learned the tools will be better than some if not all conversions.

it,s an good thing, I like to see more of it!

In the end it,s all about opinions - some people like blondes.....I like all of em;)

13. Sunny Sky Speed

Sunny Sky Speed

Wow, was this me back then? I must have been so unhappy criticising quality content like this. Can not comprehend it.

• Like Like x 1
  14. I think it's pretty cheap and rude to post a link to the other Donington in this post...

Thanks for the update!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. Sunny Sky Speed

Sunny Sky Speed

I understand it now. You were right.

16. Andreas Knöpke

Andreas Knöpke
    Let's drive side by side! Premium Member

The point is that your "informational posting" was rather pointless and now we can stop this discussion and focus on the new track at hand ;)

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Sunny Sky Speed

Sunny Sky Speed

[mod edit: No need to swear however frustrating a discussion is for you.]
    Did I swear? OMG, who was I back then?

18. Sunny Sky Speed

Sunny Sky Speed

What was I thinking? Just can't believe this.

19. [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
    • Love Love x 1