Resource icon

Tracks Donington Park 2.02

Login or Register an account to download this content
Brun submitted a new resource:

Donington Park GP Circuit - Donington Park GP Circuit, painstakingly built from scratch

This is still work in progress but should be functional enough to race with. Any feedback very much appreciated.

One thing to be aware of is that while there are 24 places on the grid, there are only 19 in the pitlane (that's as many as Donington will accommodate unless I place them perpendicular to the track.

Replay cameras are a bit broken at the moment, something I'm aware of and am looking into.
index.php
index.php
index.php

Read more about this resource...

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi all, and thanks for the positive reviews.

Just wanted to give you a quick heads up that some people seem to be having a problem with running a server. As mentioned in the track description there are only 19 pit spaces, which might cause issues if the server is set to more. However at least one person has said they can only get it to run in booking mode, pickup wouldn't work at all.

This is all very new to me so I was expecting a few teething problems but hopefully they'll get sorted out quickly. If anyone with more experience running servers can find any useful info from the logs etc. which might help that would be very much appreciated.

There's also no pit_lane.ai file included in the download so you can't run a race weekend with AI (single races should work fine). Someone over at the official forums posted one which can be installed if necessary.

Regarding textures, I agree that they could be improved and certainly intend to look into it. Obviously have more critical things to sort out at the moment tho', so please bear with us.

Brun

Can't wait to get home but 19 pit slots really is a bit shy of the usual amount. In any way, can't wait to get home and play :)

Edit 1:
I get a black sky in replays.
Anyone else go this?

Edit 2:
Additionally, it seems that the gras does not slow you down really, and it doesen't seem to have less grip than the ashphalt provides. So this feels a bit off also cos most gras areas are also super flat, meaning no FFB effects are at all.

Furthermore, a few more objects for the infield would make the replays nicer. Looks very flat and empty really - despite the afore mentioned black sky obviously.

mod-edit: consolidated these for you ,) please keep the forum tidy

Brun updated Donington Park GP Circuit with a new update entry:

Track updates

Couple of changes after feedback on the KS forums:

Made the start of the hill on approach to Coppice less abrupt.

Removed the camber from the kerb on the outside of Redgate.

Also, I've re-added the 3D marbles which were in one of the previous videos. These should only be visible if world detail is on the highest setting, although I didn't get chance to check whether this was actually the case.

Read the rest of this update entry...

Sunny, how much did you pay for the version you already owned?
It was not illeagal, just converted from another sim with the original authors permission otherwise it would have been pulled off the site.
As the new scratch built track author said, this is not a finished product yet.
He or you are free to create any scratch built track you like.
And because he is not charging you for all his hard work don't download it if you don't want it?

Ron

For the most part, that old Donington conversion isn't great.
As far as conversions go, it's quite good, but in terms of recreating a realistic virtual version of Donington, it's terrible.

Brun's version is far far better, and it's being made from scratch, and with actual references from real life with help from people in the community. This is what modding should be about!

Thanks for the hard work Brun!
Outstanding quality :)

@Sunny
I understand your reasoning to an point, but to evolve and remove from the converting tracks craze, to actually use the tools to build tracks! That in the end when people have learned the tools will be better than some if not all conversions.

it,s an good thing, I like to see more of it!

In the end it,s all about opinions - some people like blondes.....I like all of em;)

Wow, was this me back then? I must have been so unhappy criticising quality content like this. Can not comprehend it.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 76 7.2%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 112 10.7%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 151 14.4%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 289 27.5%
  • 100% offline racing