Resource icon

Tracks Donington Park 2.02

Login or Register an account to download this content
nice one!

new distant scenery looks great although isnt very noticeable while driving, i guess its flatter, but probably more accurate/realistic?

the smoke from the power stations sticks out a bit too much when driving at 8.00/18.00 against the yellowish background

lodding seems fine in rift

ui_track.json updates dont seem to be all there

Cheers :)

Looks good to me in practice.
Good to know, thanks.

Everything seems fine. One minor gripe, the little camera or marshal towers, not sure what they're called, they're very ficker-y and aliased. It would be great if something could be done about it, but it really is a tiny thing.

View attachment 156634
I think that one might be worse than the others because it's only in the GP kn5 and I hadn't updated the shaders. Will see if I can tweak the others but ultimately I think it's the limits of antialiasing.

Having seen the screenshot I'm more bothered about the warped road texture. Unfortunately that's a consequence of trying to bend a straight texture round a corner with a limited number of polygons.

nice one!

new distant scenery looks great although isnt very noticeable while driving, i guess its flatter, but probably more accurate/realistic?

the smoke from the power stations sticks out a bit too much when driving at 8.00/18.00 against the yellowish background

lodding seems fine in rift

ui_track.json updates dont seem to be all there

The scenery is from official UK Environment Agency LIDAR data, it's the most accurate part of the whole track! Minus the big chunks that were missing and I had to improvise my manually reading the elevations from google earth. Even the foresty bits are in the right place. I even considered a fancy shader to make the water reflective but decided it wasn't worth the extra texture memory, not even sure you see any from behind the wheel.

From the real track heading towards Melbourne you can see hillier stuff in the distance (Peak District presumbaly) but the in game camera clips everything beyond about 10km. Guess I could've use a background image for the more distant stuff. Maybe in future.

I noticed the smoke as well but decided that if it's limited to very early/late it's not that big a deal.

What's that about the json? I made most of the suggested changes but just realised the 'original' tag was still there. Just replaced that with 'circuit'. Did I miss anything else?

Awesome stuff Brun, it really does look better than the PCars version that I helped with. The far off terrain is another level completely. I sorted out my graphics issue btw, I had VR mode turned on somehow.

Not sure if it's just me but I'm getting a major fps hit coming down into the Craner Curves (35fps) when I'm getting 60 pretty much everywhere else? (I5, GTX970, 8GB)

Last edited:

That FPS thing is odd and a bit worrying. Is that with 1.14 or the 1.15 beta, and is there any difference between the two?

I know what you mean about the graphics thing now. I've got a Vive and get weirdness if I start AC without SteamVR running. Shame you didn't post a screenshot or I'd have probably recognised the cause straight away.

That FPS thing is odd and a bit worrying. Is that with 1.14 or the 1.15 beta, and is there any difference between the two?

I know what you mean about the graphics thing now. I've got a Vive and get weirdness if I start AC without SteamVR running. Shame you didn't post a screenshot or I'd have probably recognised the cause straight away.

I've tested with 1.14 and 1.15 same in both. Just tested again and it appears to be a reflections issue. With reflections on med it doesnt drop anything like as much (circa 52fps) but on high it dips to 35.

Here are some quick benchmark results:
AC VERSION: 1.8.1 (x64)
FPS: AVG=76 MIN=48 MAX=127 VARIANCE=0 CPU=17%

LOADING TIME: 10s
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 670 (1920x1200)
OS-Version: 6.1.7601 (Service Pack 1) 0x100-0x1
CPU CORES: 4
FULLSCREEN: OFF
AA:4X AF:16X SHDW:4096 BLUR:0
WORLD DETAIL: 5 SMOKE:3
PP: QLT:5 HDR:1 FXAA:0 GLR:5 DOF:0 RAYS:1 HEAT:1

1.15b
AC VERSION: 1.8.1 (x64)
FPS: AVG=72 MIN=27 MAX=181 VARIANCE=0 CPU=16%

LOADING TIME: 8s
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 670 (1920x1200)
OS-Version: 6.1.7601 (Service Pack 1) 0x100-0x1
CPU CORES: 4
FULLSCREEN: OFF
AA:4X AF:16X SHDW:4096 BLUR:0
WORLD DETAIL: 5 SMOKE:3
PP: QLT:5 HDR:1 FXAA:0 GLR:5 DOF:0 RAYS:1 HEAT:1

Great, really. Wonderful environment.
Only whats missing are: racing line and batter skidmarks and maybe some batter trees.

btw, where did you guys fould 1.15b version? Isn`t last 1.14?

Last edited:
  • Deleted member 130869

Yup! It's like a modded GPL/NR 2003 track with those absurd dark lines.

• Deleted member 130869

I haven't driven AC enough to experience the dynamic pre-rendered build-up, but if it builds up on kerbs like in rF2 then that's great. I enjoy the natural look of it.

Brun updated Donington Park with a new update entry:

Donington Park 1.15

version 1.15

Fixed LOD issues with fences and other objects
Tweaked some shaders to reduce shimmering on some trackside objects
New background environment outside track, including proper models for airport tower and power station
Above should hopefully mean no more weird looking backgrounds with certain weather/lighting conditions
Included much improved AI file for GP layout, many thanks to Stepy over on the Kunos forums
Recorded new AI file for National circuit which probably isn't as good...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back