Resource icon

Tracks Donington Park 2.02

Login or Register an account to download this content
Thanks, I'll take a look and see if I can make the track boundaries more robust. All the service roads outside the track should already be invalid, but I guess there are gaps. I know what you mean about using the editor to fix it, tried that and lost patience very quickly.

Presumably the workflow for this is: export kn5 > record AI > load AI into editor > fix model > repeat?
With the confine setup properly you should never have to use the editor.

For the confine object method Export to aiwall.kn5 > add to models.ini > record AI > remove entry from models.ini > done

I just want to say that i did a whole bunch of AI racing today and so far none of them messed up in that area LilSki pointed out. Im not saying it will never happen, but just wanted to give a small test report. :) Anything that make it even better/safer for AI is always good though.

EDIT: BTW i just tested in AI race to cut in many places, and just like many Kunos tracks there is no penalty. Is it possible to add that or is it a hardcoded thing? Like at the end chicane before pit straight if you go right over there is no penalty. Or T3 and cross the whole grass field and come up on the straight before the little bridge there is no penalty. Some tracks in some places you always get penalty for cutting in race, but on many tracks and many places you dont.

Last edited:
Thanks for this stunning update! Time for your next project? Malory park? First track I ever went too and close to Donington.
Funny you should mention Mallory Park, we've just done this at work...

I didn't get to go on the shoot unfortunately, being more of a behind the scenes kinda person. Noodle's helmet and gloves are all my work tho' :)

That is one super cool video Brun, congrats, what more inspiration do you need! Mallory is a great club racing track with lots of charm, simple layout but a challenge and little run off as I remember. I had seen an f1 car testing around there around 84 and I was hooked. I was bricking it and was only watching.

Except for the few clipping spot, as already mentionned, this is a very nice update :)

I recently bought PCars (with the Steam sales), and your version is honestly far better that their Doni ! (I'm not sure about this expression in English, but to summarize, your track rocks ! :D ) The difference in feeling, environment rendering and even fidelity to the real track (even if my opinion about that is just based on videos) looks impressive ! :confused:

Congrats and many thanks again for this great work :inlove:

Not sure if an issue with the track or not... if go wide and off circuit at this point:
g6q2eoZ.jpg

this happened:
lxGFTyu.jpg

Very cool track Brun - love it. I haven't noticed any FPS issues or AI randomly stopping as mentioned by others. I know Lilski is very good when it comes to AI, his AI around VIR are bloody amazing !! only 2 places @ Donnington i noticed they were a bit slow - worst is "Old Hairpin" and then "Foggy Esses" but everywhere else they are spot on :)

Really great track though and a big thank you :)

After 1.13 someone over at the official forums posted an improved AI file for the GP circuit but I never got round to including it, for which I owe them an apology. Checked it last night and it is much better.

I just have to reproduce something similar for the National circuit. Been chatting to Lilski about other stuff so know where to find him if I need help :)

Just tested this track, superb recreation (I can't say I'm a big fan of *Donington, I always mess up my braking points :D) What I noticed was rather strong popping up of fences or at least reflections on those objects, as if the LOD distances are a little low. Maybe it's setting at my end, dunno.

I really like the planes :D Just how many are there? Followed the line of them in F7 mode to the horizon. And how did you create those blinking lights on them?

Last edited:
And how did you create those blinking lights on them?
Magic :)

LOD issues hopefully fixed, I'll double check tomorrow before publishing. That should have made this weekend pretty straightforward but for some reason I decided the background wasn't up to scratch and needed redoing with proper geo rather than planes. It does make the horizon look a bit bland but I might be able to do something about that.

Screenshot_ks_nissan_gtr_gt3_doningtonpark_16-10-116-0-9-20_crop.jpg

That should at least resolve any issues where the previous fake fogging on the background looked weird with certain weather conditions. Just to make sure I modelled East Midlands Airport control tower as well.

Screenshot_ks_nissan_gtr_gt3_doningtonpark_16-10-116-0-2-54_crop.jpg

I've also got an AI file for the GP circuit that Stepy over at the KS forums created ages ago. It's much better than the previous, AI are faster overall and in particular through the Old Hairpin. I'll see if I can make a similarly improved one for the National.

Despite the above I've still got another full page of notes to take care of. Should still get 1.15 out tomorrow tho whether the other stuff gets looked at or not.

Have another screenshot...

Screenshot_ks_nissan_gtr_gt3_doningtonpark_15-10-116-23-59-26_crop.jpg

BTW, the flashing light magic is down to being able to deform meshes using the ksflags shader (or whatever it's called) and UV maps. They're not actually flashing, the luminous geometry is just moving in/out of the rest of the model.

BTW, the flashing light magic is down to being able to deform meshes using the ksflags shader (or whatever it's called) and UV maps. They're not actually flashing, the luminous geometry is just moving in/out of the rest of the model.
Ingenious, really like that attention to detail. Btw, I think I found, or rather witnessed something else...blink and you miss it. Both it and the airliners do only appear on the GP version of the track, is that intentional?

Ingenious, really like that attention to detail. Btw, I think I found, or rather witnessed something else...blink and you miss it. Both it and the airliners do only appear on the GP version of the track, is that intentional?
The plane stuff's all in the ini files of each layout, I'd just forgotten to copy it over to the national circuit. Only realised myself on Saturday but it's sorted now. Other people have already seen the 'something else'. Really wish there was a way to attach audio to it :)

Got all the changes for 1.15 done last night but it was pretty late and didn't want to publish in case I missed something silly. Again. A few last checks on stuff tonight and it should be good to go.

Everything seems fine. One minor gripe, the little camera or marshal towers, not sure what they're called, they're very ficker-y and aliased. It would be great if something could be done about it, but it really is a tiny thing.

Screenshot_lotus_2_eleven_doningtonpark_17-10-116-23-54-43.jpg

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back