Resource icon

Tracks Donington Park 2.02

Login or Register an account to download this content
Very very nice, probably the best looking mod track out there.

Still that piece of road haunts me from the first versions, the shaders on this corner are just way too bright :( It's the only thing left bothering me.
Any chance you can take a look at it and see if there's anything out of the ordinary on that corner, maybe sun position?
I know it doesn't look this extreme on the dull Kunos filters, but that's not the point.

20161023234505_1.jpg 20161023234517_1.jpg

Very very nice, probably the best looking mod track out there.

Still that piece of road haunts me from the first versions, the shaders on this corner are just way too bright :( It's the only thing left bothering me.
Any chance you can take a look at it and see if there's anything out of the ordinary on that corner, maybe sun position?
I know it doesn't look this extreme on the dull Kunos filters, but that's not the point.

View attachment 157240 View attachment 157241
your PPfilter is too bright, just look at your white sky

[QUOTE="Boris Lozac, post: 2329527, member: 177832"I know it doesn't look this extreme on the dull Kunos filters, but that's not the point.[/QUOTE]
The name of that PP filter should be 'bleach', it really is no wonder that the track is too bright since everything else is also.

It might just be a specular issue. I believe Kunos asphalt has around 0.3 spec, 25 EXP? Might be worth looking at. Personally I've not noticed any of it using Photographic PP.

Just out of curiosity, which PP filter do you use @Brun
Looks fine for me using default PP, 12:00, mid-clear, optimum
3cJeONi.jpg

vJZytYy.jpg

(also, since it seems I can't edit previous posts, wasn't trying to have a go at you Boris, but that PP filter (on my system) is far too washed out and bright. Maybe my screen is just darker than yours though)

It is bright at that corner at a certain time of the day, but I've never seen anything like the screenshots Boris posted. As Albert points out, it's not just the track that's bright, the entire images are completely overexposed.

The screenshots Michael posted look pretty much what I see. Tested on Dell IPS monitor and Vive, Default PP. Also used no PP to check stuff during development and that looked ok to me as well.

By the way, the sun position *is* almost always wrong (midday is the only time it's correct) because Kunos screwed up the fairly simple job of modelling its movement properly. Basically the further north the track is located, the greater the error. I went to some length to illustrate this during the beta (while it should have been relatively straightforward to fix it) and never got so much as an official acknowledgement. Yes, I'm still quite annoyed about that :)

I use the popular Natural mod filter and that corner is definitely a hell of a lot brighter than anything I've seen on the official tracks or any modded track.

This. Like i said it looks ok with Kunos filters, cause they are way too dull, but the world doesn't look anything like that :)
I used all kind of filters from various graphic mods and that corner was always overexposed with all of them, and now with my own filter, which is even brighter (on purpose, looks great in 98% of situations).
I know it's Kunos' issue, just wondered if anything could be down with the shaders or textures on that particular corner.

Btw Brun what time of day do you recommend for Donni?

There's no particular time of day I'd recommend. If I'm racing by default I'd go for 2pm.

You can always change the angle of the sun by editing the sun_heading_angle in the lighting.ini. I don't have a problem with people doing this because it's the only way to correct for the mistakes in the sun model. It should be around zero at midday, and up to about +/- 40 deg side at the extremes. Not sure which way round, but the result should be the sun nearer the airport in the morning and vice versa. Also more in summer than winter.

Calculators like this one are useful, especially if you want to see how wrong the original tracks are :)

I use latest Natural PP mod as well, with "natural" filter enabled and no additional adjustments (screen below). Although this corner is indeed somewhat brighter than the others, it's not THAT bleached. Certainly wouldn't recommend increasing the brightness any further though!

Attachments

• NaturalPP.jpg
    NaturalPP.jpg
    527.6 KB · Views: 247
Brun, just a minor blemish... you probably know about it, but the transparency on the sides of the first section of yellow pitlane entry line isn`t quite right. Other than that, the circuit looks much nicer than before. Great stuff :thumbsup:

pitline.jpg

^ Yeah, I noticed that last night. Editor seems to have a habit of forgetting transparency settings on occasion. Quite annoying but I'm not sure it warrants another release.

Maybe I'll have to find some other stuff that needs fixing to justify 1.16.

Amazing. Had a blast last night on the updated version. Well done.

When doing the longer version i thought the pit lane after the u-turn was used but i guess im wrong. I kinda push the cones away and drive down there in practice cause its fun. :D

Thanks for the update! :thumbsup:

Really epic update and track man, seriously top top top top quality.

Love it, really love it. It helps that I've spent most of my life at Donington Park, its the local track for me a chock-a-block full of happy memories.

Cheers

Reactions: Two
your PPfilter is too bright, just look at your white sky

Btw it's not that bright on other tracks, it's like the sun is too low on Donington.
This is taken with same weather and PP filter, 13:00 time.

Compare the sky color, it's not bright at all on VIR, and it's pretty much burning on Donington, and the tarmac color is the same throughout the track on VIR... This is the most acceptable time of day though, it's even brighter on early morning and stuff.
I wish this isn't putting me off so much :/

20161029013923_1.jpg
30571386066_393242c8d1_o.jpg

20161029013923_1.jpg 30571386066_393242c8d1_o.jpg

Last edited:
  • Deleted member 130869

It's also not the modder's fault there are issues with the sun.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 87 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 123 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 170 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 329 28.0%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 461 39.3%