Status
Not open for further replies.
I know we are all excited for this release. What I don't know is how many people intend to a) play it on the xbox one and b) would like to join some sort of a formal league here at Race Department.

There are so many possibilities, I've had to calm myself down from getting lost in them. However, my main passion, IndyCar, will probably not be able to be run until the DLC with the ovals comes to the Xbox One.

That said, what sort of series would you like to see? Personally, ones that come to mind are Tudor United Sports Car Series, WEC, British Touring Car, and DTM. One of these could fill the gap for me until IndyCar is possible, but others may have better ideas.

Please indicate below if you are interested and what sort of times you are available and which series' you prefer. We could follow the actual schedule of many a series, due to the timing of the release. Personally, if they get the ovals out before IndyCar starts, I'll probably turn my focus there, but nothing would prevent running another alongside.

The anticipation is killing me! :sick:

The Red Bull Ring is like Spa: I love the track, but I am so slow around it :cry:

Feature Race:
Q: P11
R: P9

No pace, so started last. Had a very lonely race in the middle of nowhere. Pitted early, which paid off... until I reached lap 20 and my lap times dropped by 1-1.5 seconds! I would have been faster in a German tank! LesNose gained on me, but fortunately he made a mistake in one of the final laps, so I could secure P9. Not much to brag about, but hey... it's all about the points.

Sprint Race:
Q: P5
R: P8

Almost improved my time by a full second in the last 2 laps of qualy, but was still a tenth behind LesNose.
Start was good and was on the outside of LesNose at T1 in the opening lap, when disaster struck and Les and I hit the wall coming out of T1. My car was ruined and it took millennia to fix my car in the pits. Thanks to my pit crew for getting my car back together before the end of next week's race! I will send the bill for repairs to Mr. Nose.
Came out a lap behind, but decided to carry on since I was in 8th. Once again, it's the points that matter, even though I did not enjoy a single second of that Sprint Race.

Fortunately we will race at Le Mans next week. Not that I will be much faster there, but after having done four full 24-hour races, you would think I know the track better than anyone else in this league :roflmao:

Lenght: whole video

Driver: LesNose

Short description:
LesNose pushed me wide in T1 on the opening lap and didn’t give me room to re-enter the track, while there was more then enough room for him to move to the right.
Then we collided and the pcars “‘magnet” glitch occurred, sending us into the wall, totally recking my car. After the incident he just continued his race.

Steward's Decision

@Frank Finch receives a 10 second time penalty and 10 penalty points for causing a moderate collision by rejoining the track unsafely.
How is it that I get a penalty for unsafely rejoining the track, while it was LesNose who forced me off the track in the first place?

1. I am alongside LesNose (the purple NSX) at corner entry:
Foto 19-08-18 22 37 07.jpg

2. LesNose is clearly not giving me enough room to make the corner without going off track
Foto 19-08-18 22 37 56.jpg

3. LesNose pushes me all the way on the green and into the red, without leaving me enough space to get back on track.
Foto 19-08-18 22 38 15.jpg

Last edited:

35550022_2016799748648760_8401537290375004160_n.jpg

PS0031_1_l.jpg

Race Details

• Race Duration: 2 Hours
  • Race time: 3pm (day/night/day cycle)
  • In-game date: 23/08/18
  • Weather: Medium cloud

The Track

Hockenheimring92.7671ee72183da949929bb4e345ffd8c8.png

First race: 1932
Layout changes: 3
Length: 6.823 km (4.240 mi)
16 Turns
The race lap record is a

1:41.808 By Juan Pablo Montoya driving for Williams in 2001.

93515_orig.jpg

Lap record holding car pictured below

Hotlap

Your Predictions!

Pole:

Winner:

Fastest Lap:

Now a message from Ben.

Well this is it we knew it would happen one day TNGTC is to finish after Hockenheim! First of all I can only say thank you to all the guys that raced/stewarded/points table/social media/graphics and commentary you all made the league what it is. It’s going to be quite an emotional thing for me on the last lap at Hockenheim knowing it’s over :cry: (I get like that) as this league was formed from my/Adam and Andrews idea whilst messing about at a wet Donington. We have had good and bad times but the leagues drive kept it going. I’m proud to say I raced here and the memories will stay with me. Let’s send the league out on a high and race hard for one more time. Thanks again and see you all hopefully at URS

Questions

What was your best memory from TNGTC?

What was your best race in TNGTC provide video if you can?

Last edited by a moderator:

Imola S2 Sprint race, in only my 4th proper race, to win so crazily, i was screaming when i crossed the line. And i have fond memories of how much everyone congratulated me!

Im not going to say Imola, just for the sake of diversity, so i'm gonna say Sakitto S3. Yes Sakitto S2 was more dominant, but S3 i had so much pressure with everyone saying it was a free win for me, but i had every single lap with Gaz right on my tail which is never easy, so to win it with all that pressure i was happy.

Here was my pole lap

Predictions:
Pole: Benji

Winner: Gaz
Fastest Lap: Dean

Questions
My best memory is definitely leading the race for a few laps in a soaking wet Sprint Race at Zhuhai in S5... in a RUF! Even if it was only for a few laps and I gave it away by spinning out, this was my most intense moment in the TNGTC.

In terms of results it must have been this season's races at Bathurst, but the race where I had most fun was again in S5 but at Laguna Seca. I had a great battle with @Jamief430 which lasted a few laps. Eventually he got past me, but it was a long and fair battle.
Check it out below. The action starts 26 minutes in:

I would like to thank everyone in this league for a great time. There are truly fast drivers in here who could make some money with sim racing and I am greatful to have raced with you. Also a big shout out to @Ben Milden for recruiting me (how the heck did you find me?) and to all my former teammates for the chats, practice sessions and help with setups.
I hope to see you guys in other leagues like URS or others. I you ever need a field filler, just let me know.

Now let's make this last race a memorable one! :thumbsup:

Questions

Best memory was winning the championships in S2 with @Adel Elsayed what a season that was didn’t like the politics but the racing was insane

Winning a race was always fun but my favourite victories are the two at imola racing Gaz and beating the G.O.A.T In two fair races showed the motivation and speed I had back then.

My first win at Oulton Park (sprint) in S.2 I think I was the first time I'd lead a race, didn't think I'd win for a second, just took it corner by corner lap by lap with Liam stuck to my bumper till I crossed the line. Was a great feeling

It has to be Oulton Park one of the few races I didn't mess up, and was new to the game, I'd only joined half way through the season when I got a ps4 ( I peaked early...)
Also I didn't realise you could record your race so I filmed it with my phone. Lol

Thanks for the races chaps

My first win at Oulton Park (sprint) in S.2 I think I was the first time I'd lead a race, didn't think I'd win for a second, just took it corner by corner lap by lap with Liam stuck to my bumper till I crossed the line. Was a great feeling

It has to be Oulton Park one of the few races I didn't mess up, and was new to the game, I'd only joined half way through the season when I got a ps4 ( I peaked early...)
Also I didn't realise you could record your race so I filmed it with my phone. Lol

Thanks for the races chaps

Is that what racing looked like in the 70’s lol

It has to be your first win.
Mine was totally unexpected. I was set to miss both races at Zhuhai in S3 due to a school rewards night, however I got home early and joined the sprint race. I hadn't done really any practice and somehow managed to still ahead of Andrew and the faster guys coming through the field throughout the race to take the win.
As most of you imagine, winning is such a euphoria moment, especially when it's done at the track you started league racing at.

There's been so many great races, However Bathurst Season 3 was possibly the best.
Such a crazy race with 7 cars within 2 seconds for nearly half the race behind the Skyline train

It has to be your first win.
Mine was totally unexpected. I was set to miss both races at Zhuhai in S3 due to a school rewards night, however I got home early and joined the sprint race. I hadn't done really any practice and somehow managed to still ahead of Andrew and the faster guys coming through the field throughout the race to take the win.
As most of you imagine, winning is such a euphoria moment, especially when it's done at the track you started league racing at.

There's been so many great races, However Bathurst Season 3 was possibly the best.
Such a crazy race with 7 cars within 2 seconds for nearly half the race behind the Skyline train

I don’t like that race :unsure::cry:

Hi,
Just got project cars 2 for the ps4.
It has been a while since I have played a Sim racing game.
Hope to find some people here to drive with.

PSN: Arkasius
Carnumber: TBC
Wheel or pad: Wheel

I also have assetto corsa, project cars 1, gt sport and some F1 titles.

Hi,
Just got project cars 2 for the ps4.
It has been a while since I have played a Sim racing game.
Hope to find some people here to drive with.

PSN: Arkasius
Carnumber: TBC
Wheel or pad: Wheel

I also have assetto corsa, project cars 1, gt sport and some F1 titles.
Hi Theo, same for me ! Got Assetto Corsa and Project Cars, I think I'll have to get PC2 but I am looking for races/leagues !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back