Cars WSC/90s Group C Cars: Toyota TS010, Jaguar XJR14

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't believe so, the issue is the group that are creating this mod also have daily lives and are also working on other projects so the whole thing is just crawling along. Just one of those things.
Well guess what now.
custom_showroom_1569681371.jpg

Look man, im sorry about that. I didn't thing straight. I hope that jag xjr-14 will calm everyone. Thanks anyway.

sNC3Dcd.jpg

a6Eci1V.jpg

Yeah, sorry this has been on the backburner for a few reasons, main one being I've been stuck in and endless cycle of juggling multiple jobs and also trying to develop skills/workflows that modelling cars unfortunately just doesn't aid anymore, plus there are a few community related things that kind of suck my enthusiasm for modding in general

What's sort of brought me back into doing something recently is a couple of people I know personally wanted help getting familiar with SMSP in prep for an event, it's a track I've also driven a few times in real life now, which I've been smashing out as fast as I can from a lidar point cloud, since the old RF1-era converted versions floating around leave a lot to be desired (along with the hopelessly inaccurate version in the upcoming GRID, but no doubt there'll be a crappy conversion of that too...)...also kinda linked to the TS010 as it did its pre-season testing there...as for the TS010 itself, I think I'm most of the way through unwrapping the cockpit, hoping to at least try out something new for texturing that up to see how well it works

sNC3Dcd.jpg

a6Eci1V.jpg

Yeah, sorry this has been on the backburner for a few reasons, main one being I've been stuck in and endless cycle of juggling multiple jobs and also trying to develop skills/workflows that modelling cars unfortunately just doesn't aid anymore, plus there are a few community related things that kind of suck my enthusiasm for modding in general

What's sort of brought me back into doing something recently is a couple of people I know personally wanted help getting familiar with SMSP in prep for an event, it's a track I've also driven a few times in real life now, which I've been smashing out as fast as I can from a lidar point cloud, since the old RF1-era converted versions floating around leave a lot to be desired (along with the hopelessly inaccurate version in the upcoming GRID, but no doubt there'll be a crappy conversion of that too...)...also kinda linked to the TS010 as it did its pre-season testing there...as for the TS010 itself, I think I'm most of the way through unwrapping the cockpit, hoping to at least try out something new for texturing that up to see how well it works
To be honest, i would be perfectly fine with getting only the toyota. It'd be a o-kay if you cancelled the others. No need to keep it going. But the toyota seems really advanced into final stages so that'd be good if you can find the time. Huge thanks for the update btw, positive or negative, communication is what matters.

sNC3Dcd.jpg

a6Eci1V.jpg

Looks amazing my friend, superb work. I have quite a bit of experience with 3D modelling and I would love to find the time to do something like this but like you I just have so much going on in real life, grrrr :)

Hopefully we'll get the whole group but as my first visit to Le Mans was in '93, I support the Toyota and 905 would be a perfect pairing. However the Mazda nut in me would love that MXR-01 to appear lol :)

Great effort so far though, looks brilliant :)

Yeah, what mclarenf1papa said, theres already more than enough places doing half assed rips and conversions elsewhere, dont bring it in here

@SunBro yeah, ill just be doing the TS010 by itself until its done now, will chip away at the XJR-14/MXR-01 later after that

Last edited:
Yeah, what mclarenf1papa said, theres already more than enough places doing half assed rips and conversions elsewhere, dont bring it in here

@SunBro yeah, ill just be doing the TS010 by itself until its done now, will chip away at the XJR-14/MXR-01 later after that
that is awesome. The Toyota is good enough and with the physics from Mclarenf1papa it will be maybe the best one out there...

Wow that would be so wonderful to have the jxr-14/mxr-01 to add to my LeMans/BPR grids... especially in the rain in 1992 with Weidler flying though the pack... thank you for working on them!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back