Cars WSC/90s Group C Cars: Toyota TS010, Jaguar XJR14

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey, just creating a proper thread for this to start posting in

So basically I want to do some of the Group C cars from the end of the era in the early 90s, specifically the Toyota TS010 and Jaguar XJR-14/Mazda MXR-01, however there's the potential to do more from that era afterwards...I won't lock in anything beyond these two cars for now though

For the moment the team is:
Modelling - The-IC
Physics development - mclarenf1papa

No new pics of the TS010 yet, just consolidating stuff from previous posts in other threads, but I have been preparing the splinecage in preparation for the XJR14/MXR-01

Also, I do have a model of the 1992 IMSA Mazda RX-792P I got part-way through way back in 2009 that I'll be looking at to see if its re-workable...old render of this here:
http://the-ic.deviantart.com/art/IMSA-Mazda-RX-792P-WIP5-131474432
Realistically this one wouldn't be competitive with the others though, it wasn't close the pace of the XJR-14 or the Eagle MkIII during the 1992 IMSA season, and it probably wouldn't drive much differently from the 787B based on the info available for it (maybe a bit more grip/downforce)...but we'll see...

Anyway, the Toyota is top of the list, so as soon as the last few assignments of my course are out of the way I'll be continuing on with it, and mclarenf1papa has already got a solid set of physics for it working

Enjoy

i8gdVTt.jpg

aBYwVq9.jpg

mcNBKVu.jpg

LDOVM60.jpg

3JvVNQc.jpg

2bxu7tU.jpg

ifoELO0.jpg

Last edited:
We can never have too many purpose build racecars :) Getting the physics right (or just aquiring enough information) is a hard job tho. If you come across the suspension details of a 1984 Tiga C2 Prototype I might have a try at the KRB Lotus some day ;)

PLEASE make these rides happen! Would LOVE to see them in the game as I'm most likely the only one who thinks the present LMP1 cars are butt-ugly & I refuse to even drive them.
MANY THANKS...O.G.
old.gif

Thanks for the positive response :)

@Flat-twin As mcf1p has already mentioned, the TS010s all had the bi-plane rear wings at Le Mans in both '92 and '93, so the single low wing must not have provided enough performance benefit during testing...the Mazda MXR-01 had one of each at LM in '92, the Renown sponsored car had the full bi-plane wing, while the white Kajima car had the low wing...

@ltcars Not sure on that one yet...will have to get further in to it and decide what would work best

Also, this is just in the air, but if I were to do a Nissan as well, would the P35 with the 3.5L V12 or the R91CK with TTV8 appeal more? Pending reference, info etc. ...

The P35 would only be interesting if we made an S1 variant with a decent engine...stock it would be beyond uncompetitive (only 550 or so HP from the V12). R91CK would be cool and probably easier for me to do since it's still racing in Historics.

Yeah, true, the one racing event the P35 did at Mine circuit wasn't a great performance...alright, the R91CK will be the Nissan of choice then :thumbsup:

I have always been in love with Le Mans prototypes, especially the early 90's era. That Toyota just looks so beautiful. I thank you guys already for this wonderful project.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back