Resource icon

WRC9 WRC Telemetry Patch 1.4

Login or Register an account to download this content
The DiRT2.0 compatibility layer was never intended as a long term solution. The intention was to release something that sort of works while SimHub and other suppliers integrate the real protocol.

No effort was made to make the DiRT2.0 compatibility layer accurate this time around. Too much time was spent bringing this patch live already.

Why this game did not ship with native telemetry support is a great mystery.

I wont be around to answer questions. Please help each other. Take care. Until next time.

Last edited:
Thanks. I installed for EA WRC, but it shows meaningless data
Doesn't show Gear at all. May someting likecurrent Speed, but it goes up to 23 or even up to 52 random while the car speed is 100+

Sort of works with Sim Racing Studio but DirtRally2 should run in the background. Also, it does not send Pitch/Roll/Yaw telemetry. Only LatG Sway/Surge/Heave, Speed/ Gear, etc. And those are absolutely random values that have npthing to do with real motion.

Last edited:
I found if I run simhub then pass the UDP to simtools I get -90 pitch (constant(same as if I was just running simtools by itself)) but also get Sway & Surge with values that seem correct.

It's at times like these I curse my brain for not being a coder & the wear for all to tinker with these sorts of things in a meaningful way :D

To use with Simhub, make a shortcut for the included "fake" dirtrally2.exe and set this launch parameters in the created shortcut:

DirtRally2.exe /protocol extradata3

I don't get right rpms (10x, so 50000 instead of 5000) and gear is off by -1, but speed and bassshakers work. I think i remember that the gear and rpms were wrong for WRC10 or WRCG and now that fix is the problem for EA Sports WRC.

@motion4all can you please look at it

Last edited:
To use with Simhub, make a shortcut for the included "fake" dirtrally2.exe and set this launch parameters in the created shortcut:

DirtRally2.exe /protocol extradata3

I don't get right rpms and gear is off by -1, but speed and bassshakers work. I think i remember that the gear was wrong for WRC10 or WRCG and now that fix is the problem for EA Sports WRC.
Thanks, now it's working:). The procedure isn't explained well enough in the readme...

Attachments

• WRC-SimHub.png
    WRC-SimHub.png
    55.8 KB · Views: 79
Well it's frustrating that it works for some and not others.

Although it looked like I was getting proper sway & surge data when I powered up the machine to give it a test I just got a lot of violent movement that didnt seem to fit the figures I was seeing. I guess the output simtools is showing isn't all the data it's getting & it's all garbled anyways.
The only thing to do is to delete the Dirt Rally 2 pluggin and try again but I have it so nicely tuned for dirt it will be an exspensive waste of time if doesn't help.

EDIT* Ok, a bit more fiddling. Iturned intensity down to 30% in simtools and I get something more reasonable. I tried disabling pitch due to it setting it to -90 but it still did it anyways. So it looks like I'm getting sway and surge but also lots of small bumps which is odd as I'm definitely not getting pitch and roll.

Anyways, it's definitely some what usable now & hopefully proper UDP gets added to WRC23 in the not too distant future.
:(

Last edited:
Well it's frustrating that it works for some and not others.

Although it looked like I was getting proper sway & surge data when I powered up the machine to give it a test I just got a lot of violent movement that didnt seem to fit the figures I was seeing. I guess the output simtools is showing isn't all the data it's getting & it's all garbled anyways.
The only thing to do is to delete the Dirt Rally 2 pluggin and try again but I have it so nicely tuned for dirt it will be an exspensive waste of time if doesn't help. :(
I think for correct motion data you have to wait for the native udp output or maybe that -90° pitch comes from the previous WRC titles, like the wrong rpms and gears, then he maybe can fix it.

For SimTools did you use following parameter:
DirtRally2.exe /port 4123 /protocol simtools

Last edited:
I think for correct motion data you have to wait for the native udp output or maybe that -90° pitch comes from the previous WRC titles, like the wrong rpms and gears, then he maybe can fix it.
Yeah I hope they dont drag their heels on this but having a bit of movement will help with immersion for the time being :)

unfortunately not able to get it working in WRC23 with Simhub, tried all possible ways to instal your patch, the other tricksq in the topic on here as well, but not able to get any figures into my simhub dashboards.
Guess we/I will have to wait until they update the game with with everything necessary to get it up and running -_-

unfortunately not able to get it working in WRC23 with Simhub, tried all possible ways to instal your patch, the other tricksq in the topic on here as well, but not able to get any figures into my simhub dashboards.
Guess we/I will have to wait until they update the game with with everything necessary to get it up and running -_-
Did you start the "fake" DirtRally2.exe with "/protocol extradata3" parameters? Port 20777 in SimHub? Files in correct directory? You should get speed, rpms (faulty atm, 10x), gears (also -1 off) and shakers should work. Also verify SimHub has DR2 enabled as game.

Last edited:
Anyone got this working for wrc23 on ea store purchased game for simhub? If I run the batch file the apex clothing.dll file prevents the game from booting.

Anyone got this working for wrc23 on ea store purchased game for simhub? If I run the batch file the apex clothing.dll file prevents the game from booting.
Do you then have APEX_Clothing_x64.dll and APEX_Clothing_x64_org.dll in the VS2015 directory? The "_org" schould be bigger in filesize. If not verify the gamefiles to get the original one and try the manual method:

3. Rename `APEX_Clothing_x64.dll` to `APEX_Clothing_x64_org.dll`
4. Rename `WrcInjectionPayload.dll` to `APEX_Clothing_x64.dll`

And if that even don't work, then the ea app maybe don't like modified files at all.

Last edited:
Do you then have APEX_Clothing_x64.dll and APEX_Clothing_x64_org.dll in the VS2015 directory? The "_org" schould be bigger in filesize. If not verify the gamefiles to get the original one and try the manual method:

3. Rename `APEX_Clothing_x64.dll` to `APEX_Clothing_x64_org.dll`
4. Rename `WrcInjectionPayload.dll` to `APEX_Clothing_x64.dll`

And if that even don't work, then the ea app maybe don't like modified files at all.
Hi man yeah I tried all the methods. I even have sim commander and tried both but I'm guessing the E.A. app has something to do with it. The mod seems like its for the steam version and I don't know if the modded .dll files are steam call related or not so...????

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back