Resource icon

WRC9 WRC Telemetry Patch 1.4

Login or Register an account to download this content
Do you then have APEX_Clothing_x64.dll and APEX_Clothing_x64_org.dll in the VS2015 directory? The "_org" schould be bigger in filesize. If not verify the gamefiles to get the original one and try the manual method:

3. Rename `APEX_Clothing_x64.dll` to `APEX_Clothing_x64_org.dll`
4. Rename `WrcInjectionPayload.dll` to `APEX_Clothing_x64.dll`

And if that even don't work, then the ea app maybe don't like modified files at all.
From what I've seen it does not crash, but on the EA 5 hours trial, it does not output anything (while the steam version works fine)

Not sure if the patch looks for the exe name which is WRC_trial for the ea "trial" release ;
1698922395916.png

I published a SimHub beta update on the simhub's discord, which uses the native @motion4all patch shared memory (no need to mess up with dirtrally2 emulation and so on) and shows correct rpms and gear. Depending if I achieve to clarify the EA support state at least on "non trial" version, i might try to publish a public version today.

From what I've seen it does not crash, but on the EA 5 hours trial, it does not output anything (while the steam version works fine)

Not sure if the patch looks for the exe name which is WRC_trial for the ea "trial" release ;
1698922395916-png.704696

I published a SimHub beta update on the simhub's discord, which uses the native @motion4all patch shared memory (no need to mess up with dirtrally2 emulation and so on) and shows correct rpms and gear. Depending if I achieve to clarify the EA support state at least on "non trial" version, i might try to publish a public version today.

Thanks @Wotever for the beta update. If i forward upd through SimHub do i get also the right rpms and gear for SimDash? I hope you also add SPI-D and Rev-Burner from Symprojects somewhen to SimHub, so i don't have to use SimDash anymore.

Edit:
Ok no udp forward/relay possible? You get it straight out of the "patch"? No port that i can relay? That's why i hope you add the missing Symprojects stuff to SimHub. For me it would be worth a big donation ;)

Last edited:
Thanks @Wotever for the beta update. If i forward upd through SimHub do i get also the right rpms and gear for SimDash? I hope you also add SPI-D and Rev-Burner from Symprojects somewhen to SimHub, so i don't have to use SimDash anymore.

Edit:
Ok no udp forward/relay possible? You get it straight out of the "patch"? No port that i can relay? That's why i hope you add the missing Symprojects stuff to SimHub. For me it would be worth a big donation ;)
Indeed I did not used the dirt rally emulation so there is nothing to relay, simhub reads it directly from memory just like any other software could do.

About symprojects I Implement them mostly based on Symproject's owner Cristiano demand. Or eventually at significant user demand, for now it has been really rare (though I know that Cristiano devices overall are trouble free and works very well from a "developer" point of view).

Last edited:
Indeed I did not used the dirt rally emulation so there is nothing to relay, simhub reads it directly from memory just like any other software could do.

About symprojects I Implement them mostly based on Symproject's owner Cristiano demand. Or eventually at significant user demand, for now it has been really rare (though I know that Cristiano devices overall are trouble free and works very well from a "developer" point of view).
Thanks a bunch for all your help Wotever.
I've tried the batch file & manual install, on latest simhub version. I think the issue with the EA version is the digital ciggie :) on the original APEX_Clothing_x64.dll, which the injection.dll doesnt have. Pretty sure the EA app does an integrity farms check and since there's no sha checksum on the injector.dll it flags it and has a cry. I'm no dev just a layman so would love to hear your thoughts on it & or if there is a way to copy the ciggie over.
Cheers

Can't get it to run with simtools. I already have dr2 installed and patched and simtools says connected when I run the included dr2 exe and then wrc23..... but I don't get any motion. Is there something from simtools I need to place in a special game folder. What am I missing here?

To get output in simtools I had to install simhub, set the patch up to send telemetry to simhub then get simhub to forward the telemetry to simtools. I then get sway and surge in simtools and I ended up using simhub to give me some bass shaker support.

Thanks MOT67,
So from what you're saying is....I now have to learn....... plus have another program running in the background, just to get motion to my rig. FUN, FUN, FUN! Thanks EA:mad:
I wonder if todays official release, which is supposed to have motion for the dbox will make any difference getting this working with simtools without the need for simhub. One can only hope! :)

Thanks MOT67,
So from what you're saying is....I now have to learn....... plus have another program running in the background, just to get motion to my rig. FUN, FUN, FUN! Thanks EA:mad:
I wonder if todays official release, which is supposed to have motion for the dbox will make any difference getting this working with simtools without the need for simhub. One can only hope! :)
Yeah, configuration hell (well it's not to bad but still).

I'm hoping for a day one patch too but I doubt it.

Dbox worked out of the box in early access as far as I'm aware, so without an actual extra patch, we are going to have to live with what we have for the time being.

To be fair though, I'm really enjoying the game over all, so I personally can live with it, at least for now.

Is there any way to specify via config or CLI argument which port to forward the data to? I use a port forwarding proxy in front of SimHub to send my telemetry to multiple apps (like Moza Pithouse). If the functionality isn't built in, can we get a new build? or at least access to the source so i can compile it myself?

Is there any way to specify via config or CLI argument which port to forward the data to? I use a port forwarding proxy in front of SimHub to send my telemetry to multiple apps (like Moza Pithouse). If the functionality isn't built in, can we get a new build? or at least access to the source so i can compile it myself?
Simhub has port in and a port to forward to if you use the dirt rally 2 emulator but there's also an addon (inside of simhub that you have to enable) which allows you to forward to multiple ports. I'm not sure how it works or if it will work for you as I have no way of setting it up and testing as I only port to simhub and then out to simtools.

I've tried to get Sim Commander to work over SpaceMonkey and I actually got successful getting it to receive and output telemetry, but Sim Commander doesn't do anything, just SimHub responds to it if setting up the port accordingly. I guess that 1.0.7 isn't working with Sim Commander because I get only 1.0.6 to work with BeamNG, but only 1.0.7 supports the packetformat. At least it might or even should work with Sim Racing Studio and SimFeedback that way. I was using the WRC 7/8/9 button here because it works like with the Telemetry Patch over the DirtRally2.exe.

Attachments

• SpaceMonkey2.png
    SpaceMonkey2.png
    177.8 KB · Views: 41
With the latest simhub anyone got shakers to work in EA WRC? My dash works fine but I get no shaker output.
When I was using simhub (simtools up until their official update wasn't working for me without it) I could use the bass shaker feature. I don't think I was getting all effects but I was certainly getting some. Im back on just using simtools now though.

With the latest simhub anyone got shakers to work in EA WRC? My dash works fine but I get no shaker output.
Should work with the same procedure as with older versions, just that there is a WRC-entry to configure instead of DR2:
-Unzip wrc-telemetry.zip in ...\common\EA SPORTS WRC
-Run 'InstallWrc23.bat'
-In SimHub WRC got to Game config>Launcher action:
Target: ...\common\EA SPORTS WRC\DirtRally2.exe
Arguments: DirtRally2.exe /protocol extradata3
You need to launch the WRC-icon to run the fake DR2.exe...

Last edited:
I have the exe directing to a port for Sim Racing Studio and then forwarded to Simhub, currently using the launch parameters /port 20777 /protocol extradata3
Any idea why I might be getting a 5 second delay to my motion rig?
I checked the dirt rally 2 hardware configuration xml file and the delay there is set to 1 at port 20777.

TIA

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back