Only did a couple of single stages so far to verify functionality with my AccuForce wheel and Heusinkveld pedals through Gimx. Works good but better device support is wanted. Driving feels okay and I think I will enjoy the game once I get fully into it.

Edit: spelling.

Last edited:
Only did a couple of single stages so far to verify functionality with my AccuForce wheel and Heusinkveld pedals thrugh Gimx. Works good but better device support is wanted. Driving feels okay and I think I will enjoy the game once I get fully into it.
I feel the same. I only did a bit of driving to check everything working ok. I spent quite some time trying to get an unsupported arduino based handbrake I made working, which I did eventually and haven't had chance to go back to it since.

from steam page:

eSport WRC 2018 World Championship

The third annual eSports WRC Season is almost upon us. From the 25th of January, the WRC 7 players will compete to become the best driver in the world.

This year will see a similar format to last year – the official WRC rallies mirrored in the game – but this time in quicker succession. The regular season will run until the end of July and culminate during the Rally Finland, followed by the Grand Final later in the year. Check out the calendar below!

7715749d143dcc1f6bad82af1ed68821896271ae.png

Like last year, every rally will run from Thursday to Sunday and drivers will have 5 attempts to record their best time. Each round will usually contain of a Super Special Stage (or a Special stage in the case of Rally Wales GB, Rally Monte Carlo and Tour de Corse) and one of the new Epic Stages.

098305d0b7f2eff61a01373282d017f4cab18193.png

Placing among the top 50 for each Rally will earn players championship points and the players who accrue the most points over the course of the season will earn a spot in the Grand Final. Unlike last year, in 2018 every single championship round counts!

eSports WRC 2018 Team Championship

In addition to the regular Championship, this year will see the inaugural eSports WRC Team Championship.

Pre-selected teams of up to 5 players will compete to be crowned the best WRC eSports Team in the world. The field of team will mainly consist of teams recognized in the eSports racing scene and will be revealed before the first round.

Each round, the championship points earned by the three best performing team members will be added to the team score. The team with the most championship points at the end of the regular season will be crowned champion!

Will TX3_Nexl repeat is impressive and dominating performance of 2017? Who will challenge the undisputed champion? Will we see familiar faces or completely new challengers? And which team will ascend and becom the first eSport WRC Team Champion?

This year is shaping up to be off to an exciting start!

We can’t wait for the competition to kick off and wish all drivers a most successful 2018 season!

I’m new to the wrc 7 and when I go to advanced setups I only have access to the front suspension and if I want to see more option in that section is the only one that the scroll bar skips. Do I need to play more in order to gain access to change rear suspension and gears etc or what am I doing wrong any help please thanks

I kinda like WRC 7. Might not be a rally simulator but it's not like we should expect it to be, considering that they want to make something mainstream like what Codemasters does with the F1 series. As a rally game, it's actually pretty good: the stages are long, detailed and resemble their original locations. That's enough for me. It's not the kind of game that I would set up my wheel to play, but it's actually perfect with a controller and plenty of beer. They are on the right way. Can't wait for WRC 8.

Too bad they neglect the FOV/seat adjustment options. Basic sim features. Maybe in WRC8, which I'm actually looking forward to. I prefer the physics to those of Dirt 4 and actually Dirt Rally too, as a whole. Because here every surface is playable, in Dirt Rally I can only enjoy stages which don't have tarmac parts

If WRC8 would have

- Improved car sounds
- Improved sim features such as FOV, seat adjustment per car, true triple screen
- Improved FFB
- Improved replays
- VR

It could be a really great rally game. WRC7 already is

in the next patch I hope:

clutch use
replay with selected user views
fov and seat adjustment
force feedback improve
new cars
possibility to remove the steering wheel from inside view
eliminate auto restoration in sim mode, after serious road exit
balance the effect of speed in all the views

thank you

in the next patch I hope:

clutch use
replay with selected user views
fov and seat adjustment
force feedback improve
new cars
possibility to remove the steering wheel from inside view
eliminate auto restoration in sim mode, after serious road exit
balance the effect of speed in all the views

thank you

It's pretty obvious that the devs aren't monitoring this site so I wouldn't be too optimistic about any of those wishes of yours.

Just tried it !

Seems more like a placebo update that no one would have noticed unless they had changed a 3 to a 4 !

O yeah ! - The random, loss of FFB is still there !

A good game that could have been really awesome if they had fixed the obvious flaws !

Don't expect any changes beyond cosmetic for this game in the next patch, if there even will be a next patch (I was surprised this one actually came).

And don't hold your breath for seat/FOV adjustments for WRC8 either. They've made their opinion on these fairly clear in the past.

Latest News

What is the reason for your passion for sim racing?

• Watching real motorsport

Votes: 192 67.1%
  • Physics and mechanics

Votes: 123 43.0%
  • Competition and adrenaline

Votes: 131 45.8%
  • Practice for real racing

Votes: 56 19.6%
  • Community and simracers

Votes: 79 27.6%
Back