WRC4 WRC 4 The Game

Bram Hengeveld

Site Founder
Staff
Premium
On the iOpener website there is a very interesting article about an upcoming World Rally Championship simulator:

World Rally Championship's next game: Racing live against rally heroes

The next generation WRC computer game will allow players to 'compete' in live rallies", states ISC chairman Neil Duncanson in the April version of SportBusiness International magazine. ISC, the global promoter of the World Rally Championship (WRC), mentions WRC's ultimate goal as building up an online gaming world championship alongside the real thing.
ISC and the computer gaming industry believe the next step in gaming is this 'live' competition between gamers and real drivers, made possible through iOpener's patented technology.
ISC CEO Simon Long says: "Now we are a global promoter, we want this to be multi-platform, multi-publisher, multi-territory."
For Long and Duncanson the new game is part of WRC's broader efforts to appeal new fans beyond the hardcore enthusiastics. FIA's chairman Max Mosley has said the virtual champion will be honoured at the WRC's annual end-of-season awards ceremony in Monaco.

Source: iOpener Media

Last April we already brought you the first news about iOpener Media's beta testers recruitment for their Real Time Racing project.

The news about this technology where virtual racers can compete against the real drivers on the track in real time is now spreading amoung the simracing communities.

iOpener is still looking for the worlds best simracers to join their beta test program that's about to start soon. If you are interested in joining then you can sign up on the RTR website

Attachments

• sportbusinessinternational.jpg
    sportbusinessinternational.jpg
    148.9 KB · Views: 631
Just wanted to thank derVatter for this great FF mod - made a real difference to me enjoying the game as I couldn't feel any force feedback before using my xbox gamepad with the default settings. I think you should contact the developer Milestone at customerservice@milestone.it and tell them this is how it's done properly :)

Last edited by a moderator:
hi, does anyone have a fix for this i'm trying to drive with a manual gearbox with clutch but the car accelerates on its own, sequential & H only, works fine only manual with clutch has this issue , i checked combined pedals & that dosen't help, i have a g 27

Last edited:
@ mesa ... first off all ... ffb works on wheel, but tarmac or dirt ... no effect @ all, but better then before ... and in logitech profiler should be ticked combined padeles, like it was in wrc 3 ... in game ffb setting´s ... you mean it like that ?? ... one from left ??

jfrw.jpg

You don't have to use combined pedals as you don't have to use in WRC 3.
In tarmac you can feel less rumble, but especially on dirt you have to feel the real physics generated by the wheel (there is a factor about, so trust on game, its calculated physics by suspension). On tracks like Wales, Finland, and Sweden feels great.

Please do not set Force-Feedback-Intensitāt more than half, because the strength of it get lowered both in minus or plus - use on middle.
If you wish more strength, set in your Logitech profiler - may you can set up to 150% ;-)

hi, does anyone have a fix for this i'm trying to drive with a manual gearbox with clutch but the car accelerates on its own, sequential & H only, works fine only manual with clutch has this issue , i checked combined pedals & that dosen't help, i have a g 27
You should have to associate pedals and shifter and do not use factory defaults.

Forget about combined pedals, that is not the anser for your problem.

:) ... ya but if i uncheck combined pedals, my pedals change each time i press brake and throttle in setting´s .... so if i use combined, everything is workin fine ;-)

on your ffb mode ... the gear limiter ffb and reverse dosent work ... and if u slide arround corner´s with handbrake or so ... the ffb is much different ... ;-) so far i was too with my ffb mod ... just to notice ... that was my prob ... ;-))))

mesa submitted a new resource:

Andreas Mikkelsen Custom Fan livery - Special livery made just for Andreas Mikkelsen for Rally Wales 2013

Volkswagen Polo R WRC - Andreas Mikkelsen - Rally Wales 2013
(Fan photos livery) + Black / Dark Grey Rims mod

Modified: body, windows, rims

DO NOT FORGET TO MAKE A BACKUP ABOUT
RIM_ASPh.DDS
RIM_ASPH_BLUR.DDS
They are original (White) coloured rims

How to replace livery in WRC 4/ WRC 3 / WRC2010
http://***********/8ony36k

Like & Request a livery on Facebook
https://www.facebook.com/MesasArtworks

Read more about this resource...

Hi mate !

I was waiting so much for either a patch or a mod to actually bring FFB to WRC4, as it's simply not working on my G27 :((

Can you explain how to install this, I went on the website you mentionned and downloaded mixfile but I don't know how to use it..

Thanks in advance !

EDIT : I figured it out that it was the DATA.MIX to edit but when I edit it and repack I can't launch the game - I have the following error : File not found : Data\loc_e.dat

Can you help me please ?
loc_e.dat error means that you did not selected the right folder before mix the files back.
I upload a video about the process you can check it out

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea