WRC4 WRC 4 The Game

Bram Hengeveld

Site Founder
Staff
Premium
On the iOpener website there is a very interesting article about an upcoming World Rally Championship simulator:

World Rally Championship's next game: Racing live against rally heroes

The next generation WRC computer game will allow players to 'compete' in live rallies", states ISC chairman Neil Duncanson in the April version of SportBusiness International magazine. ISC, the global promoter of the World Rally Championship (WRC), mentions WRC's ultimate goal as building up an online gaming world championship alongside the real thing.
ISC and the computer gaming industry believe the next step in gaming is this 'live' competition between gamers and real drivers, made possible through iOpener's patented technology.
ISC CEO Simon Long says: "Now we are a global promoter, we want this to be multi-platform, multi-publisher, multi-territory."
For Long and Duncanson the new game is part of WRC's broader efforts to appeal new fans beyond the hardcore enthusiastics. FIA's chairman Max Mosley has said the virtual champion will be honoured at the WRC's annual end-of-season awards ceremony in Monaco.

Source: iOpener Media

Last April we already brought you the first news about iOpener Media's beta testers recruitment for their Real Time Racing project.

The news about this technology where virtual racers can compete against the real drivers on the track in real time is now spreading amoung the simracing communities.

iOpener is still looking for the worlds best simracers to join their beta test program that's about to start soon. If you are interested in joining then you can sign up on the RTR website

Attachments

• sportbusinessinternational.jpg
    sportbusinessinternational.jpg
    148.9 KB · Views: 626
sorry, I just tried, I have no clue on HOW to install your WRC 4 FFB-Mod.

First of all WHERE is the correct pc folder to copy your folder "data" to?

On my PC I got 2 locations:

C:\Users\CasualRacer\AppData\Roaming\Milestone\WRC4
and
D:\Steam\SteamApps\common\WRC 4

in the above mentioned USERS location in the folder WRC4 there is only one subfolder named "saves" plus a config.ini and a settings.dat

in the STEAM location I mentioned above there are only 3 subfolders MOVIES; MUSIC and Tracks plus some files, but none of those that are in your DATA downloaded folder

NO "Data" subfolder anywhere in those two WRC4 pc locations!

I TRIED in just copying your complete DATA folder into those two locations but ingame I did not notice any stronger or better FFB.

WHAT am I doing wrong?

WHERE do I have to copy your DATA folder to on my hard drive in order to get the better FFB effects ingame of WRC4?

Thanks in advance.

NO "Data" subfolder anywhere in those two WRC4 pc locations!

I TRIED in just copying your complete DATA folder into those two locations but ingame I did not notice any stronger or better FFB.

WHAT am I doing wrong?

Hi!
You have to use Mixfile Remixer, which is a kind of WinRAR or similar first to extract files from DATA.MIX.
Then overwrite files, then use Mixfile Remixer to make a new archive.
There are already two versions about FFB mod, you can select between "Normal" and "Stronger"
http://mesa.extra.hu/index.php/en/downloads/wrc-4/220-wrc4-mesas-ffb-mod
and here is a tutorial with video demonstartion, and Mixfile Remixer application on usage:
http://mesa.extra.hu/index.php/en/t...c4-wrc2010-wrc3-pc-game-how-to-repaint-livery

mesa submitted a new resource:

Valentino Rossi Rally Show Monza 2013 livery 0.9 - Rossi "The Doctor" Rally Show Monza 2013 livery for WRC 4 PC Game

FORD Fiesta RS WRC - Valentino Rossi - Rally Show Monza 2013
Modified: body, windows, tarmac rims, tail lights
DO NOT FORGET TO MAKE A BACKUP ABOUT
RIM_ASPH.DDS
RIM_ASPH_BLUR.DDS
They are in original (White) coloured rims

Do not modify, re-edit contents without my permission!
Az engedélyem nélkül TILOS felhasználni, módosítani!

How to replace livery in WRC 4/ WRC 3 / WRC2010
http://***********/8ony36k

Follow Me on Facebook...

Read more about this resource...

mesa submitted a new resource:

Mesa's Audio Mod for WRC 4 1.2 - Realistic Exhaust, Engine and Environment Sounds for WRC 4 PC Game

The mod contains Hyundai i20, VW Polo R WRC, Fiesta RS, Ds3 WRC, Ds3 RRC, Mini WRC, Impreza WRX STi, Lancer Evo X tweaked soundsets updates. Extract SFX.MIX into a (temporary) folder before install this mod which requires unpacked files.
NOTE:
You HAVE TO select in the installer that folder, where your unpacked files are stored.(Parent folder of the extracted SFX - installer will add \SFX at the end of Line, and check all the files that required before...

Read more about this resource...

Just installed it, It made my FFB horrible :( I use G27, after installing the mod, it feels so much weird, the wheel makes weird noises and has an strange behavior

I have to say my FFB (with no mods, I mean) DOES work, but there is a bug. If I go to options and change "AI force" or "Damage level" (one of these, I dont remember) then FFB goes off. But It works If not doing any changes

Without this mod you are not able to feel forces generated by wheels.
You just feel the resistance of 'spring' if you steer the wheel to left or right.
May the G27 working noisy with this mod because there are two motor inside.

You have to set your G27 in your Logitech Profiler to use less Rumble effect (set to zero) if you don't wanna feel the environments effect on your steering wheel.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back