WRC4 WRC 4 The Game

Bram Hengeveld

Site Founder
Staff
Premium
On the iOpener website there is a very interesting article about an upcoming World Rally Championship simulator:

World Rally Championship's next game: Racing live against rally heroes

The next generation WRC computer game will allow players to 'compete' in live rallies", states ISC chairman Neil Duncanson in the April version of SportBusiness International magazine. ISC, the global promoter of the World Rally Championship (WRC), mentions WRC's ultimate goal as building up an online gaming world championship alongside the real thing.
ISC and the computer gaming industry believe the next step in gaming is this 'live' competition between gamers and real drivers, made possible through iOpener's patented technology.
ISC CEO Simon Long says: "Now we are a global promoter, we want this to be multi-platform, multi-publisher, multi-territory."
For Long and Duncanson the new game is part of WRC's broader efforts to appeal new fans beyond the hardcore enthusiastics. FIA's chairman Max Mosley has said the virtual champion will be honoured at the WRC's annual end-of-season awards ceremony in Monaco.

Source: iOpener Media

Last April we already brought you the first news about iOpener Media's beta testers recruitment for their Real Time Racing project.

The news about this technology where virtual racers can compete against the real drivers on the track in real time is now spreading amoung the simracing communities.

iOpener is still looking for the worlds best simracers to join their beta test program that's about to start soon. If you are interested in joining then you can sign up on the RTR website

Attachments

• sportbusinessinternational.jpg
    sportbusinessinternational.jpg
    148.9 KB · Views: 631
I found places already for DLCs in the game, so there will be 1 to 10 DLC in the future :)
GrB cars, GrA8 cars will be available, and may new stages as well, i hope
I found P 208 R2 in the game resources, may we have to unlock it, but i don't know how
It's very possible. They've had plenty of DLC for Moto GP 13 this time around.

Hey there, I tried your new version of the FFB mod, game crashed while launching. oh well.
I tried tweaking the Rumble.bml file in the data.mix with the ReMixer program. Was able to change things and save a new data.mix file but game wouldn't launch. a diffrerent random file in there (loc_e.dat) would get corrupted some how and crash it.
May You forgot to choose SBK X/V8...

was just one setting, but at the end ill just get the pad working but on a wheel nothing changes :-( i think there must be more changed, maybe in the car.mix but then could it be like it was in wrc 3 that u couldnt play online!!??

well, I did all that correctly i'm sure, mixed it back etc. But it doesn't do what we'd hoped? oh well.

I found if you go over a big enough jump you feel the impact :) I feel the tracks in normal steering and side impacts, just not general rumble vibration and small bumps - which are most common. Hopefully they will patch it. FFB was better in WRC 3. Everything else is better in WRC 4 I think.

mesa submitted a new resource:

Mesa's FFB for WRC 4 - Force feedback mod wrc 4 (Multiplayer compatible)

This mod gives you the feelings of bumps on the road, hit of a wal, and landing after a long jump. It solves the FFB effect bug of WRC 4 v1.0

To Do: i still can't solution to feel the gear shifting on the wheel

DO NOT FORGET TO MAKE A BACKUP BEFORE OVERWRITE FILES

How to replace FILES in WRC 4/ WRC 3 / WRC2010
http://***********/8ony36k

Follow on Facebook
https://www.facebook.com/MesasArtworks

Read more about this resource...

Last edited:
ok, and i saw it over yonder at NoGripRacing and downloaded from there. So it works, and maybe because of the rumbleeffect.tml? (i wasn't touching that file before) It's definately better, and I tweaked things a tad more for even better results. still could use more vibration support and feelin da bumps. But nice improvement, GOOD JOB!!
Thanks

Hi mate !

I was waiting so much for either a patch or a mod to actually bring FFB to WRC4, as it's simply not working on my G27 :((

Can you explain how to install this, I went on the website you mentionned and downloaded mixfile but I don't know how to use it..

Thanks in advance !

EDIT : I figured it out that it was the DATA.MIX to edit but when I edit it and repack I can't launch the game - I have the following error : File not found : Data\loc_e.dat

Can you help me please ?

Last edited:
You have to select DATA folder then mix back the files
But it doesn't matter, because these way has no affect on FFB effects

I tried to use your mod mate as I badly need FFB with this game, but I have the same error (loc_e.dat not found), whatever the level I choose in the directories when I repack (WRC 4 or DATA, or even the root directory where I unpacked the files..)

When I choose DATA, I don't have the file not found error but the game is just crashing.. Can you directly upload your DATA.MIX file, it should be quicker ? xD

I will never upload a .MIX file, because of rights... You have to bake yours.

It is easy job., May you do something wrong, that's why loc_e.dat err message is appears

1. Open Mix files, 2. download FFB mod, overwwite those few files and then 3. re-mix all back. Here is my settings, you can compare to yours.Hope it helps. If not, gOOgle it, there are a video is somewhere in YT

Attachments

• re-packing.jpg
    re-packing.jpg
    209 KB · Views: 1,347
I will never upload a .MIX file, because of rights... You have to bake yours.

It is easy job., May you do something wrong, that's why loc_e.dat err message is appears

1. Open Mix files, 2. download FFB mod, overwwite those few files and then 3. re-mix all back. Here is my settings, you can compare to yours.Hope it helps. If not, gOOgle it, there are a video is somewhere in YT

Ok thanks now it works I can launch the game :)

But I still don't feel any FFB, can you tell me which settings you are using ingame and for your wheel ? I have a G27.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.