World Champion! Hamilton Becomes 5-Time WDC

It was a real pleasure to see Vettel and Hamilton chatting with each other after the race. Big respect to both of them for the mature way they carried themselves.

Let's hope it carries over on to the track next season :thumbsup:

I've never been a Hamilton fan before, but this season almost turned me into one. He has performed magnificiently in almot all races of the season. For example, his lap one maneuver in Monza was absolutely godlike and executed with a precision and literal foresight I have not seen in motorsports before.

In short, his driving this season convinced that he is one of the all time greats of the sport.

I have to disagree with this one.... He is certainly right up there, but the era that he drove in is so much more a result of the $'s and the tech that some teams bring to the table, but Senna?, Fangio?,Stewart?, I don't think so.
Cheers

You need to read about the history of the sport of F1 or Grand Prix or possibly sport in general.In the 1930s Hitler financed the Mercedes & Auto Union teams.They also had the best drivers & won everything.In the 50s Mercedes like they do now had a huge budget & dominated again with Fangio & Moss.After that Ferrari always has had the biggest budget & won more races & championships than anyone else.The likes of Tyrell,McLaren,Williams,Brabham & Lotus have won races & championships with clever ideas & innovations but they also had some of the higher budgets at the time.
The fastest & smartest drivers nearly always end up in the successful & best financed teams.

There's some truth to your assertion, absolutely, which is why I believe Ferrari must hire some better team principals. However, I think that Vettel is prone to make more mistakes than Hamilton and he doesn't seem to be able to know when to attack and when to wait. I wonder if the pressure of being the Ferrari team leader is not a bit too much to bear?

Pretty sure if Alonso or Hamilton were driiving for Ferrari this year they would have won the championship or at least taken it to the last race.
The way Hamilton has driven this year has also affected Vettel.He looked like he had lost the title a few races back.

I agree. I don't think that there is much more than a few percent difference between them in absolute pace, but I think that Hamilton is ahead on both race craft and mental strength / resilience. That's been his biggest area of improvement over the last couple of years.

that's fair enough, if Schumacher didn't drive for Ferrari in those years, he would probably have less titles as well,

I suppose to a degree, it's also a team + pilot combination, just becasue Hamilton and Mercedes worked great, it doesn't mean that Mercedes + Vettel would have worked the same, but also the other way, Hamilton could struggle in Ferrari , ... it's just that sometimes the combination is unbeatable , like it was Schumi in Ferrari and is now Hamilton in Mercedes

So when Hamilton won his first championship title, it wasn't because of his skill?

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back