World Champion! Hamilton Becomes 5-Time WDC

Well if he forgot anyone in that list of all time greats, it is Niki Lauda and Nelson Piquet. All the more since Hamilton now tends to drive like those two shrewd champions on top of being super quick.

I'm a Lewis fan when he is on the track, off it not so much. Don't hate the guy, just sometimes he makes my skin crawl.

Bundles of talent, especially in the wet. Well done Lewis, deserved 5th World Championship.

Last edited:
Big congrats to Lewis - thoroughly deserved five time world champion. He has surely carved his name as one of the all time greats of the sport now.

On a side note, it was nice to see Seb congratulate Lewis so warmly at the end of the race. Seb has won a lot of respect back from me after that gesture (I've had him down as a bit spoilt over the years before yesterday). For any kids watching - that's how to lose graciously. A good example set :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Granted, this years has made it easy for Hamilton to look good, looking at all the (what looked like it from the outside) silly mistakes from Vettel.
Still, I'm impressed with how he put the hammer down when it mattered, made no mistakes and kept himself out of trouble.
Aside, I'm still partly interested in F1 because I grew up during the eighties and nineties, when F1 was still epic, but nowadays, for what it's worth, non of my 3 children is particularly interested in F1, and they wouldn't even know about the sport if there wasn't this "megacool" Hamilton guy.
So much for the future of what was once a great show!

Last edited:
Maybe so, but I believe that if these
On a side note, it was nice to see Seb congratulate Lewis so warmly at the end of the race. Seb has won a lot of respect back from me after that gesture

I agree with you there. I have warmed to Vettel slightly too, over the last few races. I am starting to wonder if these mistakes in the middle part of the season were just the result of pressure (rather than the rookie errors I put them down to at the time).

Having said that, it is easier to like someone more when they cease to be a threat. I only started to feel sorry for him once the title seemed to be pretty much out of his grasp.

He's a great driver with obviously THE car to beat of this era. I wish he did not whine and complain so much, even when things are going to plan, he seems like somebody stole his lollipop. But I wish that about most of these guys, actually. What they do off the track does not interest me in the least, unless they are into sim racing.

Vettel has been at this sport far too long to be able to chalk up his recent series of brain-farts as "rookie mistakes." And Ferrari needs to bring a stronger car and stop managing races from their gut. Sure they won at COTA but even a broken clock is correct twice a day. LeClerc may be a real flat-hatter, but if Ferrari can't get its stuff together, next year is going to look a lot like this one.

I wouldn't be surprised if Vettel is out of f1 by 2020. He seemed to be on the down slope when he moved to Ferrari and its just continued unfortunately. I hate saying fickle stuff like this but its true. If Leclerc gets the better of him it could be game over.

Last edited:
he is lucky that Alonso has been driving shitty cars last decade. Bad for the F1 show. Real shame that they dont make them compete again would be great!

Alonso always will be the unluckiest more complete F1 driver, also bad decisions and actions made by him but doesnt deserve to not have a similar car to compete the actual best drivers.

Ham is quick may be the quickest but almost always has won with the fastest car, many of us know that. History wont remember that (i also know it ):D.

Congrats, lets see if F1 could be raced with same cars for every racer then we would see who is who.

Ammm.... congrats Ham! Probably the best below Fernando Alonso. :D

Last edited:
Hamilton is up there with the all time Greats of F1 Nuvolari,Fangio,Ascari,Clark,Stewart,Prost,Senna & Schumacher
Could beat Schumachers records in the next few years.
Will always divide opinion when it comes to his personality.........
I have to disagree with this one.... He is certainly right up there, but the era that he drove in is so much more a result of the $'s and the tech that some teams bring to the table, but Senna?, Fangio?,Stewart?, I don't think so.
Cheers

I wonder whats gonna happen next year, I feel Hamiltons target is 92 or even the mythical 100 victories in Formula 1, hes currently sitting on 71 wins in his career so far, he could over the next 2 years beat Schumacher's 91 victories record and then go on to get a century of victories and then after that who knows, retirement or something bigger?

I have to disagree with this one.... He is certainly right up there, but the era that he drove in is so much more a result of the $'s and the tech that some teams bring to the table, but Senna?, Fangio?,Stewart?, I don't think so.
Cheers

Senna is the yardstick of greatness, his records may have gone, but Sennas legacy in Brazil when he gave millions to charity during his life allegedly he was worth somewhere about R$400 to R$500 million, that is what truly made him the greatest driver of all time, he turned back and looked at his country and helped fund people who were worse off than he was and helped them get out of it, what makes a man into a legend, is not what he does on the track, but what he does off the track and helping people, thats what you remember

Well deserved WDC by Hamilton, and awesome job from Mercedes team to fully focusing on him maximizing always their results even they didn't have the better car on track.
Shame on Ferrari on the other side, this year they showed the better technical package overall but they failed to use it in so many occasions, with silly strategic approaches (one above all the Q3 at Suzuka) and not deciding to use Raikkonen like Mercedes did with Bottas in full support of Vettel.
Vettel, very bad season from him, no excuses.
The SF71H has showed great potential, very often the fastest car, but the lack of cold blood on Q3 and in some close hot situations has caused him to throw away a ridiculous amount of points and race wins.
Raikkonen has done a decent job, but it hurts to see him in this bad shape, apart some exploits like Monza pole or COTA win, an overall anonymous season.
This makes Hamilton 5th WDC more deserved, as it's the one gained with a car usually not he fastest on track.
I think Vettel will suffer even more next year, with such a phenomenon like Leclerc as team mate, he'll have such a big pressure to stay in front of him that this might cause even a stronger meltdown than this year.
On the other side, Hamilton will be calm and sure he'll have the whole team and his trusted wingman on his side.

Last edited:
Cheers

I disagree. The eras of Fangio, Stewart and Senna were no different from today.

Fangio always raced for car manufacturer works teams who were able to spend the $s on their cars. And, as Sir Stirling Moss says, Fangio always had the best cars .... because he was the best driver.

Stewart also had good cars, and Tyrrell were no doubt spending as many $s, if not more, on their cars as the other teams, except perhaps Ferrari.

And by the time of Senna's era, huge amounts of $s were being spent on high tech cars and engines, especially by McLaren and Honda.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.