World Champion! Hamilton Becomes 5-Time WDC

Of course he deserves the WDC. When Lewis is in the zone, he is razor-sharp. Good job, well deserved. (Everyone who becomes F1 WC deserves it)
Exact words by Rosberg just the other day, "When Hamilton is in the zone he is unbeatable"
This is probably his year so far, he had to fight for the win!

It’s hard to compare era’s, let’s not forget the cars might have been technically harder to drive but these days the calendar is the most demanding it’s ever been.

Tit for tat.

Let’s give Hamilton the plaudits he deserves, he managed to win the championship when Ferrari looked to have the better package. But overall Mercedes were the better package if you include the guys on the pit wall and in the garage.

Last edited:
Well, what can I say,

I really hoped that Ferrari finally had their chance, begging of the year looked promising, but then they started to make mistakes and loose important races and now towards the end of the year, it was too late to save it

I might not like him , but he did score the points when he needed and championship win is deserved! so I guess, Congratulations to you Lewis!

but I really hope to see someone else win the next year! haha

Exact words by Rosberg just the other day, "When Hamilton is in the zone he is unbeatable"
This is probably his year so far, he had to fight for the win!
I don't think so, I think he was lucky on few races ( as well as unlucky) but I don't think he had to fight harder then some of the other years
One of his best year - imo - was where he was fighting to Rosberg (and lost) that's where he was really pushing every race, ... this year I felt that after certain point where Ferrari made enough mistakes, it was easy breezy for him

I don't think so, I think he was lucky on few races ( as well as unlucky) but I don't think he had to fight harder then some of the other years
One of his best year - imo - was where he was fighting to Rosberg (and lost) that's where he was really pushing every race, ... this year I felt that after certain point where Ferrari made enough mistakes, it was easy breezy for him
He preformed well even when Ferrari had the better race car, that says a lot about a driver.
He only lost against Rosberg that year because of a engine failure, still was tight and a good year but this year he had to work to get the most out of the car.

Fangio did it without electronics & on skinny motorcycle tyres...just sayin'

No disputing that, you don’t know if Hamilton would not be able to compete.

As I said, different era’s where all drivers have the same tech or lack of it.

If you look at history there are always those teams who bend the rules a little and their driver wins the championship, you could also question that if you start to question Hamilton.

His and Mercedes domination of F1 is getting quite boring... But how could I blame him and his team for being simply the best at what they do? The sad state of F1 should in no way diminish the brilliance of their accomplishments. Hamilton doesn’t crash needlessly into others like so many current drivers, he is a clean racer and on a qualifying lap, he is virtually unbeatable. I am not a fan of his, but I highly admire and respect him. He deserves every single championship he has and is on his way to tie Schumacher’s 7 titles. He is now in the same league as the all-time greats.

LH has got to go on any credible top 10 list, but where is subjective.
Can't really compare different eras, it was incredibly dangerous back then for a start -- though LH is probably as good as any in terms of technical proficiency.
Clark vs Hamilton in the same car today - speculative guess who'd win.
Guess: LH to win in a modern car, and JC in a 60s one.

That said, it was quite something to recently hear ALONSO state that Hamilton is one of the top 5 greatest F1 drivers of all time. That has to be worth something.

Last edited:
I'd rather see Pastor Maldonado win a championship over HAM but there's no denying he is the the class of the field. He's only ever faced a real test from Rosberg in the hybrid era though, Ferrari are embarassing. Arrivabene should go back to selling cigarettes.

[QUOTE Let’s give Hamilton the plaudits he deserves, he managed to win the championship when Ferrari looked to have the better package. But overall Mercedes were the better package if you include the guys on the pit wall and in the garage.[/QUOTE]

The implosion of Ferrari this season would have been impossible when Jean Todt and Ross Brawn were in charge. Clearly, Ferrari must hire new team bosses. And try signing a replacement for Vettel a.s.a.p. (Although, Leclerc will probably lead the team when Vettel’s contract runs out, so maybe it’s not that urgent...)

Fangio did it without electronics & on skinny motorcycle tyres...just sayin'

Impossible to compare. That's like saying none of the current drivers could race a 50's car or don't have the balls?
The speeds are a lot faster today, usually 30sec+ a lap while having a lot stuff to maintain, Fangio wouldn't know how to start the damn thing. Different eras man.

That said, it's interesting why nobody mentions the danger and accidents of F1 back in the day, like it's taboo. Of cause it added to the excitement of racing back then, though nobody wished for the drivers to get hurt. Everybody just knew that the risc were high and the probability for a crash was big during a race. So, as kids we we're sitting there, waiting, not hoping, for things to go wrong. So much more a relief when the race was over, the tension had us by the throat.
In todays F1, start and lap 1 is about the closest to excitement we get in F1, and we love a pacecar, rain or something else to stir it up. It's very rare we get a close race with just...racing, but there was glimses of it at Mexico, but they need to fix fuel and tyre rules.

Impossible to compare. That's like saying none of the current drivers could race a 50's car or don't have the balls?

Drivers then that had no money where driving for their families dinner !

They had no option but to race what was untold times more dangerous conditions

You could not pay Lewis to do what they did, besides the fact his insurance company would not let him

WD on 5th title Lewis and well deserved

Maybe so, but I believe that if these

I agree with you there. I have warmed to Vettel slightly too, over the last few races. I am starting to wonder if these mistakes in the middle part of the season were just the result of pressure (rather than the rookie errors I put them down to at the time).

Having said that, it is easier to like someone more when they cease to be a threat. I only started to feel sorry for him once the title seemed to be pretty much out of his grasp.
I reckon Vettel was carrying the team on his back when they were falling apart left right and centre, and there was so much pressure on him to make thongs happen on track because of the poor strategy team, it broke him a few times. I am a big Ferrari fan but they did a terrible job after Hockenheim of picking Vettel and the team back up.

[QUOTE The implosion of Ferrari this season would have been impossible when Jean Todt and Ross Brawn were in charge. Clearly, Ferrari must hire new team bosses. And try signing a replacement for Vettel a.s.a.p. (Although, Leclerc will probably lead the team when Vettel’s contract runs out, so maybe it’s not that urgent...)
Replace Vettel? I think Vettel wouldn't have made most, if not all of his mistakes with proper team support, and if Raikkonen acted more like Bottas (which I don't agree with, but it's part of the sport) then ferrari would have wrapped it up and Hamilton would still be a 4 time champion.

It’s hard to compare era’s, let’s not forget the cars might have been technically harder to drive but these days the calendar is the most demanding it’s ever been.

Tit for tat.

Let’s give Hamilton the plaudits he deserves, he managed to win the championship when Ferrari looked to have the better package. But overall Mercedes were the better package if you include the guys on the pit wall and in the garage.

The one thing ive always struggled to understand about us brits is that for years we moaned at how disappointing our drivers were, Hamilton comes along, wins 1 title and we love him for it, wins his 2nd we love him even more yet 3rd, 4th and now 5th come along and there are brits that are hating on him because of where he chooses to live and how he chooses to live his life. Iwish they'd let him get on with it and just be satisfied at the fact that britain has now produced one of THE greatest racing drivers ever.

At the end of the day, he's now the greatest driver of his and our generation and if Mercedes can keep up the quality of their cars then i personally dont see why he cant surpass those records set by Michael Schumacher. Assuming he wants to carry on long enough to try of course as he hasnt hidden the fact (especially in his interview with Jenson Button at the british gp this year) that he is already thinking about when the time will be right for him to walk away.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back