Will you be Buying an RTX 3080?

Ordered a 3090. Way too expensive for what it is, but all that I could get my hands on and I can always resell later / buy a 3080 if they are ever truly readily available.

Running a Ryzen 5 3600 rn with triple 1440p and Reverb G2 on the way. Y'all think I need more than that for CPU?

You can't keep up with this sh**. Just build a new PC when your old one is really tanking.

I waited ten years (2x GPU during that time) then splurged on new MB, CPU and RAM a year ago. I waited until now to get latest GPU.

I'm hoping that's me now for quite a few years.

As the years go by there's a steady decline in performance compared with the latest models. Hang on, there's an analogy there somewhere :(
I did almost exactly the same as you: in September 2019 I built a new gaming computer. New case, MB, CPU, DDR4 RAM, PSU, everything except the GPU 'cos I ran out of money. So I carried my 1080 over from my old build.
Skipped the second gen altogether, and this week I bought a 3080. I hope I can now relax for a few years.

Last edited:
For sim racing, 5600x or 5950x are exactly the same, if you can clock them to the same frequency!
But the higher end CPUs are binned and clock higher.
But it's pretty useless to pay 450€ or more just to get 300 mhz higher boost clocks.

Also, 5600x and 5800x are only one ccx (core package). When you have 2 core packages like 5900x and 5950x, you get issues with the communication between the core packs.

So my choice would always be 5600x, buy a good cooler and overclock that f*cker as high as possible.

Only if you need more cores for work or other stuff it's worth it.. Not for sim racing only!

If you are running triple 1440p you will be gpu bottlenecked i.e. the cpu will likely be ok but the gpu will be flat out instead. So in your instance you should be OK.
I like the positive wording in this...
I'd rather call it: the gpu is more miserable than the cpu in that case :roflmao:
My i7 2600k was "fine" in acc for 3440x1440 on my gtx 1070. It only dropped to high 50's fps on race starts whereas my 1070 dropped to sub 50's when I dared to try the shadows setting a click higher :p

Last edited:
I placed my name on the EVGA wait list and actually think I have gone backwards from when I put my name on the list (10/6). Not looking good for 2021. Looks like the only way to get a card in the USA within the next 6 months is to:

• Pay $300+ over list
  • Utilize fancy web shopping tools
  • Camp out at a store on inventory day
  • Buy a pre-built PC
Anyone have any new ideas?

I followed PartAlert on twitter (I don't normally use Twitter but for this... it was worth it!), set notifications to on and be quick.

Within a week I'd managed to score a Founders Edition 3070 for £469 on Scan - MSRP.

• Deleted member 963434

I placed my name on the EVGA wait list and actually think I have gone backwards from when I put my name on the list (10/6). Not looking good for 2021. Looks like the only way to get a card in the USA within the next 6 months is to:

• Pay $300+ over list
  • Utilize fancy web shopping tools
  • Camp out at a store on inventory day
  • Buy a pre-built PC
Anyone have any new ideas?
fancy web shopping tools did yo saw that scam concept when guy is making auction on rtx 3090 and makes price for it (i dont know hows price for this card) and he wrotes in auction description its "only a picture of this card" xDDD so yo ue automated tools that search through web to find those cards and buy it, yo basically set a bot who'll search for you and buy every card he finds, but bot dont read description and dont know he bying "picture of graphic card" not card - itselft for 1000 dollars xd

Clicked on "Add To Cart" for a 3090 at Best Buy this morning but it never made it to my cart before they were all sold out again. :(

I'm starting to think that the regretful buy of a 3090 I made in November to replace my 1080Ti wasn't actually a bad choice. Of course it was too expensive and I would have been better off with a 3080, but I'm sure I would still be on a list and wait. Strange times indeed when you can convince yourself that over spending was the right move.

I think unless something drastic happens with supply, most of us are not getting 3080s this year.
I can’t bring myself to use bots and for now the old 2060 super is sufficient. Getting older and more patient these days, feels kinda good. Also gives more time to design my new pc as I didn’t plan on just slapping a 3080 into my current one. I need more powaaaa

It was never really nerfed. The professional mining outfits make their own BIOS, own coolers, hell, even own cards these days, the only thing they need is the die.

No, the only thing that this is doing is stopping smalltime gamers from making a bit on the side whilst ‘appearing’ to care.

It was never really nerfed. The professional mining outfits make their own BIOS, own coolers, hell, even own cards these days, the only thing they need is the die.

No, the only thing that this is doing is stopping smalltime gamers from making a bit on the side whilst ‘appearing’ to care.
This is exactly what I've been saying.
Hash-nerfing a videocard for individual purchasers, while selling millions of dollars worth of chips directly to mining firms.
That is a big part of the shortage issue.
If Nvidia...or AMD for that matter, cared about the 'PC' set they'd have allocated a certain percentage based off speculated input.
They both know they can produce anything at a later date and folks will line up for it...even paying out the nose to do so.

Last edited:
Last edited:
They are thinking the 3080Ti will be released next month and are guessing a price of about $999.
How! How are they doing this?!!!

I can appreciate with the 3070 and 3060 that they had those chips left over, they were there anyway and could be used without affecting the supply of other cards.

Apparently now Nvidia can't even book space in production lines for their chips. Automotive is getting priority. So if they can't even make the damn things how will they have a stock of them next month?

Sounds a lot like they've been sitting on a pile of chips for this product while they have thousands of customers waiting for months for the last cards they released. It's really infuriating to see Nvidia just not give a feck. I really hope this all comes back to bite them in the ass, but there's just nothing that will stop them behaving like this while they can get away with it.

Latest News

What does easier access mean to you?

• Free access

Votes: 63 71.6%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 22 25.0%
  • Better structured forum

Votes: 18 20.5%
  • Standard game content

Votes: 17 19.3%
  • No 3pa registration pages

Votes: 19 21.6%