Will you be Buying an RTX 3080?

She definitely knows :roflmao:
I bet she has some contacts that tell her what's the latest news on the market so I bet she knows that you're struggling to decide for a super difficult to get overpriced gpu haha

She's probably gonna brag about it "my husband got a 3080. You losers can't, boom."
We've been together 38 years, and married for over 35. She probably thinks
" he gonna do it whether I get excited or not ".
My wife knows less than nothing about computers, she has trouble understanding any form of technology, I'm amazed every day that she can use her iPhone without problems :D

Last edited:
My new card came today, I've just finished installing it. I can't wait to try it out this evening :D

IMG_3047.JPG

Last edited:
Will a 750w PSU be enough for a 3080 card?
I believe the Spec calls for 750W minimum, but when I built the computer, I thought I'd future proof it by getting an 850W, it only cost AFAIR €10 more. With a PSU, more is always better :)
But I should think a quality 750W should be more than enough :thumbsup: The maximum current draw for the card is I think 390W, supplied through 2 x 8 pin connectors.

Last edited:
Let me know how you get on. I just got an RTX 3080. I moved up from an RX580 so trying to get to grips with Nvidia stuff.

I'd like to know what FPS you get on F1 2020 and ACC both at 1440P using Nvidia GE Force Experience optimal settings.

I've had issues with F1 2020 frame times being unstable. Might be asking too much of the card using Nvidia recommended quality settings? Also, what FPS on ACC?

Last edited:
  • Deleted member 197115

It's a seasonic focus plus. PSU is one thing I'll never cheap out on, a friend bought a cheap one that went on fire.
There are reports on EVGA forum of Seasonic not capable of handling power spikes from 30 series and shutting down PC.
https://forums.evga.com/FindPost/3114841
Certain PSU models can't handle the transient power spikes of the 3080's and 3090's.

Even some 850W units are shutting down....

We know the EVGA GA and some Seasonic Primes and Focus also shut down.

The ones we know work are, so far:

EVGA G2, P2, T2;

Corsair RMX, RMI, HX, and HXI.
https://forums.evga.com/EVGA-RTX-3080-XC3-Seasonic-PSU-Tripping-m3126243.aspx#3126243

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm surprised to see those reports on some Seasonic PSUs. They generally have a great reputation.

I'm using an EVGA 850 P2 although it is 5 years old so I might end up facing some issues myself.

I'm surprised to see those reports on some Seasonic PSUs. They generally have a great reputation.

I'm using an EVGA 850 P2 although it is 5 years old so I might end up facing some issues myself.
Been running my Corsair RMX all evening since I got home at 16.00 hrs in fF2 and AMS2 it's now nearly 20.00 hrs. Four hours of continuous load, and nothing has happened. I'm not even sure that the fan on the PSU has even cut in, can't hear anything anyway. Corsair for me every time :thumbsup:

Let me know how you get on. I just got an RTX 3080. I moved up from an RX580 so trying to get to grips with Nvidia stuff.

I'd like to know what FPS you get on F1 2020 and ACC both at 1440P using Nvidia GE Force Experience optimal settings.

I've had issues with F1 2020 frame times being unstable. Might be asking too much of the card using Nvidia recommended quality settings? Also, what FPS on ACC?
Can't help you mate, I don't drive F1 2000, and I don't have ACC installed at the moment. I wiped it from my Steam Library due to the abysmal VR performance. Maybe I'll re-install it to see how it runs with the 3080. I only drive in VR, that was the reason for buying a 3080, my 1080 worked fine in pancake mode.

I'm still on the waiting list nr 400 for the 3080 MSI gaming Trio.

In 6 weeks time i have been moved up from position 633 to 400, so by time i can finally get my hands on one, i probably need to cancel it and go back inline for the 3080Ti:roflmao:

I can get one from Amazon.nl for 979,- next week, but i don't like paying 180 euro over retail.

Also the 2080Ti is still not a bad card to have while waiting.

@AmazingReflex
So, just for you I installed ACC again :thumbsup: Using the latest drivers, and the recommended optimized settings in G Force Experience, I'm getting an average of 160fps in the game with the 3080. haven't tried VR yet, I don't like ACC much anyway, there's something about it that irritates me, and, at least with my MSI 1080 anyway, the VR was abysmal.
Maybe the 3080 will make it driveable? I'll check it out tomorrow if I have time.
My main sim is still rF2: despite all it's faults, it is for me the go-to sim for driving physics, FF, and overall immersion. No other sim comes close, IMHO

Last edited:
@AmazingReflex
So, just for you I installed ACC again :thumbsup: Using the latest drivers, and the recommended optimized settings in G Force Experience, I'm getting an average of 160fps in the game with the 3080. haven't tried VR yet, I don't like ACC much anyway, there's something about it that irritates me, and, at least with my MSI 1080 anyway, the VR was abysmal.
Maybe the 3080 will make it driveable? I'll check it out tomorrow if I have time.
My main sim is still rF2: despite all it's faults, it is for me the go-to sim for driving physics, FF, and overall immersion. No other sim comes close, IMHO
Biggest issue in acc vr is that the cpu isn't capable of providing constant 90 fps as soon as you want to have highish settings and more than 10 visible opponents.
At least my 4.9 ghz 10600k with 3466 mhz cl17 memory isn't...
With a 9900k or 10900k at 5.1-5.3 ghz and 3600 cl14 or better ram it's borderline possible...

Biggest issue in acc vr is that the cpu isn't capable of providing constant 90 fps as soon as you want to have highish settings and more than 10 visible opponents.
At least my 4.9 ghz 10600k with 3466 mhz cl17 memory isn't...
With a 9900k or 10900k at 5.1-5.3 ghz and 3600 cl14 or better ram it's borderline possible...
I'm not crying any tears, I'll probably delete ACC again after trying it with the 3080. Something about it irritates me, it just doesn't feel right. Back to rF2, that works splendidly with the new card, but also reveals how badly optimized rF2 is for VR. In Le Mans or der Nordschleife, with everything maxed out, day or night, I'm getting a solid 80 fps in my Rift S, except for in the pits and a few other places, where it drops down to 40fps momentarily, for no good reason that I can see, it's just badly optimized. But it's more than driveable, I've spent the last 6 hours hotlapping and racing in Le Mans and the 24Hr version of der Nordschleife.
The new card never gets hotter than 68°C, and is practically silent. It was far too expensive, but still worth the money, if that makes sense?
And, like they say in Germany "Das Geld ist nicht weg, es hat nur jemand anders". :D

Last edited:
I'M not crying any tears, I'll probably delete ACC again after trying it with the 3080. Something about it irritates me, it just doesn't feel right. Back to rF2, that works splendidly with the new card, but also reveals how badly optimized rF2 is for VR. In Le Mans or der Nordschleife, with everything maxed out, day or night, I'm getting a solid 80 fps in my Rift S, except for in the pits and a few other places, where it drops down to 40fps momentarily, for no good reason that I can see, it's just badly optimized. But it's more than driveable, I've spent the last 6 hours hotlapping and racing in Le Mans and the 24Hr version of der Nordschleife.
The new card never gets hotter than 68°C, and is practically silent. It was far too expensive, but still worth the money, if that makes sense?
And, like they say in Germany "Das Geld ist nicht weg, es hat nur jemand anders". :D
You should try the garage detail trick in the config files. I'll send you link about it.
Apart from that.. Yeah rf2 is a bit sad haha. You can have 300 fps alone in the dry and then only 40 fps when being in a pack of cars in a shady spot and a few drops of rain.

In acc the differences are a lot smaller. You're just screwed 24/7 :roflmao:
No, for real, I love that you almost have the same performance in any scenario! Cpu performance is a general issue with it though...

Latest News

What is the reason for your passion for sim racing?

• Watching real motorsport

Votes: 166 66.9%
  • Physics and mechanics

Votes: 110 44.4%
  • Competition and adrenaline

Votes: 117 47.2%
  • Practice for real racing

Votes: 43 17.3%
  • Community and simracers

Votes: 69 27.8%
Back