Why am i so slow?

I'm always 3-4 seconds slower than the best times in every circuit

My best time at Bathurst is 2m 09s 500ms
At Paul Ricard is 2m 08s 500ms
(with medium tyres)

I always reach maximum RPM and brake as late as posible, also my racing lines are exactly the same as pole laps onboard videos, does someone has any idea of what am i doing wrong?

You mean i'm taking the last corner before the long straight wrong then?

Not really , although that could be likely , you are carrying far too much rear wing.
I loose 5km/hr to criss because i have “to” carry more wing than he does to stay attached to
the rest of the track.:(

Thank you but, i'll only consider myself a good driver the day i reach the time i'm suposed to reach.

You can consider as much as you want, if the ability is not there, then it just is not going to happen.
The best you can achieve, is to the best-of your ability, which unfortunately means
of lot of hard work.:)

Seems like a broad change. And don't forget, increasing front toe-out produces more aggressive turn in. So if you're near 0 on the front, something to consider. And running +toe 0.2 - 0.4 on the rear (at least me) gets just enough straight line stability and the least amount of scrub.

Never tried the 650 at Bathurst, actually never had a set up on the 650. Had about 15 minutes to play with it.

2:05.8
Check out that link too!

2qxm5xw.png

Last edited:
i’m sort of in the bruno’s camp, i skim the walls, always on the throttle, and i struggle, at best to get below 2.07. Were in the race some of the drivers are, every lap knocking in 2.06 and 2.05’s.

Bathurst is a circuit that really high lights your ability to not maximise your speed.
it’s not that i do not know whats needed to go quicker , i do, it’s actually doing it. :)

How do you guys are able to troll real talent for so long?

@Bruno Iwanczuk
Remember it's a consumer simulator & not real life. If it's too hard people would complain. There's a learning curve with the brake & inertia is broken so...
General rule based on the data for most beginner to improve at racing simulator. for some reason it heavily contradict reputable advice...:
-Fast in, Slow out
-Late on the brake
-Brake at 100% & turn at the same time is faster before trail braking(or bomb diving with the brake)
-Trail brake deep into the apex(general rule is to keep the same deceleration rate thorough the whole entry phase)
-On very sharp chicane you have to trail brake past the apex
-Use the brake to turn, not to balance(basically you hold the brake pressure & turn at the same time)
-All speed is mostly gained at the entry phase
-Late on accelerator while stomping it is faster
-More rough input, the faster is your lap. The right timing is more important than how it is inputted.

If I may try to explain, some of us , who just cannot
get near alien performances ( hate that word, it is
a substitute for someone who is very good at what he does ( gifted if you like )), if you look at @Bruno Iwanczuk drive up the mountain at Bathurst, at least
to me ,looks very competitive , he certainly looks
very competent.
You then see that he is 5 seconds of the pace,
and probably more wrt a really fast driver.
I can understand the complete confusion it brings.
If he was, say, 1 second of the pace, I am sure
It would be easy to see all the small inconsistencies
that would relate to that.
It’s probably why setup starts to effect people so much.
That is their fall back to try and explain the 5 seconds that’s gone adrift.
With respect to all , a bit of toe out at the front of the car is not going to magically make Bruno 5 seconds quicker. And that brings me onto my next gripe, you start to look for setup in the hope that there is a fluke in the software ( it’s not the real world ) that the chosen few know, but you don’t.
So that means you pile into setup again, setting the all the cambers to zero, only to find you are now 6 seconds slower.
I have the advantage of racing in the fixed setup races , so at least have a reality check on that.:(

Wait a minute......
Maybe they have clocked their CPU to 10Ghz.;)

In a nutshell, he's underdriving the car. That's why nothing work & the first page in the tread is complete nonsense.

Just simply look at faster laps & compare inputs steering vs brake inputs. @Bruno Iwanczuk is not overlapping both input & sync both input like a string, that's why he lose a lot of time.

I'm always 3-4 seconds slower than the best times in every circuit

My best time at Bathurst is 2m 09s 500ms
At Paul Ricard is 2m 08s 500ms
(with medium tyres)

I always reach maximum RPM and brake as late as posible, also my racing lines are exactly the same as pole laps onboard videos, does someone has any idea of what am i doing wrong?

3-4 seconds slower lol...I'm 10-12 seconds slower usually :D

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back