Why am i so slow?

I'm always 3-4 seconds slower than the best times in every circuit

My best time at Bathurst is 2m 09s 500ms
At Paul Ricard is 2m 08s 500ms
(with medium tyres)

I always reach maximum RPM and brake as late as posible, also my racing lines are exactly the same as pole laps onboard videos, does someone has any idea of what am i doing wrong?

But we are talking about a GT3 class car here, a class invented for pay driver racing, with the intend of close racing also for "non-professionals". Those cars have all that "artificial help" in real life, hence drivers are fast with it and even the slower once can keep up and have fun. GT3 class is not meant to show of the absolute best driver, its a class to have fun in and for manufacturers to show of their halo cars.

Umm Im afraid your Off. I have a couple of friends that drove in GT3 and weren't ride buyers by any stretch. There are many that are not "non-professionals". No. GT3 isn't a 'gentlemans class'. So don't paint that picture.
And the GT3 drivers that I mentioned? One got called up to do that small race, the 24 Heures du Mans. Team finished P2. They don't pluck 'pay drivers' to fill those cockpits. Ok then. :D

You didn't understand what i tried to say, i used even analogies to make you understand, if it wasn't enough, then let's forget it.

And to be honest, what you said here doesn't even make sense.
You don't spin out without assist & handle pretty much everything without issue...

So.....

Why are you so much off pace then, while many admit they can't even turn off assist?

This is level 9000 O_o

Well, then this is not RACING.

Can you be any more obtuse? Did you just conveniently miss this just two posts up from here?

Umm Im afraid your Off. I have a couple of friends that drove in GT3 and weren't ride buyers by any stretch. There are many that are not "non-professionals". No. GT3 isn't a 'gentlemans class'. So don't paint that picture.
And the GT3 drivers that I mentioned? One got called up to do that small race, the 24 Heures du Mans. Team finished P2. They don't pluck 'pay drivers' to fill those cockpits. Ok then.

But you keep being a man and drive with no assists because the "FIA is stupid" and get down to the 1:04's and quit asking why you're slow. :rolleyes::rolleyes: What a waste of time you've been.

And the GT3 drivers that I mentioned? One got called up to do that small race, the 24 Heures du Mans. Team finished P2. They don't pluck 'pay drivers' to fill those cockpits. Ok then. :D
Mod Edit:personal insults are against our ToS.

Last edited by a moderator:
Haha, driving GT3 cars without ABS and TC is like driving an F1 car without front and rear wings because you want to "drive it like a man".:D (for those with slow humor response, I am joking here, to highlight how people sometimes are really.. funny in their choices).

AFAIK GT3 cars are developed with ABS and TC in mind, their braking system and engine mapping are designed to work with them. Turning them off will make those systems work in a way they were not designed for.
TC, ABS, engine maps are intended not only to prevent locking/spinning, but also to help extract that tiny bit of extra performance in the ever changing conditions you meet during a race. In ACC I have them mapped to buttons on the wheel and it is actually quite challenging to adjust them on the fly when I feel the tires gaining or losing traction or the track grip changing, in the wet etc. They actually add a new challenge to driving/racing.
In any case, as the recent ACC hotstint challenge showed clearly, going fast is hard, no matter what you are driving. Choose the type of car you prefer and brings you more enjoyment. That's it.

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back