Why am i so slow?

I'm always 3-4 seconds slower than the best times in every circuit

My best time at Bathurst is 2m 09s 500ms
At Paul Ricard is 2m 08s 500ms
(with medium tyres)

I always reach maximum RPM and brake as late as posible, also my racing lines are exactly the same as pole laps onboard videos, does someone has any idea of what am i doing wrong?

@demetri
I like the part where in every single corner @Bruno Iwanczuk is way too early on the accelerator in comparison to Chris. Early on the accelerator is complete nonsense in this situation.

It can be easily proven if you compare the position of both user when accelerator used side by side with pics. You know, data don't lie.

Being 10-12 seconds slower than the rest? That's a whole lap...if you end up 6 or 10th then you're faster than me, being 3-4 seconds slower than the rest i always end up between the last places even not spinning out.

I was talking about my online experience. For example there is a server which has Monza GP running with Ferrari 458 GT2 cars. My best time was around 1:53, but that is only 1 lap, my usual lap times were 1:58 to 2:02. (other players usually do 1:47 to 1:49). I managed to secure 9th place out of 17 (4 of them disconnected) even though I qualified to last. I did a similar thing in Project Cars 2, where I ended up in 9th place too after 10 laps (in a 24 car lobby, 4 of them disconnected too), I started the race in last position. I'm too dumb to use proper setups other than fuel and tyre compounds. Maybe it is just Monza, where people usually miss apexes and spin out, I don't know, I like that track

Last edited:
wondered about the last corner, sometime i stay inner wall, sometimes wide entry.
thanks for that, never really sorted which was best.:)
It's a tricky corner to get the optimal run at, but my approach is to stay closer to the outside on entry, brake very hard and rotate the car hitting the apex which is the white line and not the wall as the track seems to be off-camber behind that line. Apply throttle right after that.
The important thing (and it works for most corners on any track) is to apply FULL throttle as early as possible without having to lift off after that because you did that too soon and the car is now understeering off the track

I was talking about my online experience. For example there is a server which has Monza GP running with Ferrari 458 GT2 cars. My best time was around 1:53, but that is only 1 lap, my usual lap times were 1:58 to 2:02. (other players usually do 1:47 to 1:49). I managed to secure 9th place out of 17 (4 of them disconnected) even though I qualified to last. I did a similar thing in Project Cars 2, where I ended up in 9th place too after 10 laps (in a 24 car lobby, 4 of them disconnected too), I started the race in last position. I'm too dumb to use proper setups other than fuel and tyre compounds. Maybe it is just Monza, where people usually miss apexes and spin out, I don't know, I like that track

if i take the view that, and rightly so, that i cannot match the pace of the fast guys and focus
on the whole race, with hopefully the view of not having any incidents. i can usually finish
higher up the order than my ability suggests. So i think there is a lot of sense in what you say.
:)
I just hope i’m not in a race were everyone thinks that way.:confused:

No strokin here but the 2:05.8 I turned at Bath in the 650 I only had 15 or so minutes to mess with it, never putting a setup on the 650 before. And that wasn't even a super clean lap, so it shows everything matters. Setup, drive, line etc.

Keep at it!

@demetri
I like the part where in every single corner @Bruno Iwanczuk is way too early on the accelerator in comparison to Chris. Early on the accelerator is complete nonsense in this situation.

It can be easily proven if you compare the position of both user when accelerator used side by side with pics. You know, data don't lie.
That's not entirely correct (and why am I not surprised? :D). In fact, in some corners Bruno starts accelerating too early, e.g in T1, see that Chris is doing it nearly at the apex, while Bruno begins at the end of the entry phase:
T1.jpg

And it shouldn't be a surprise that he's able to get to full throttle right after that, while Bruno has to to it very slowly

But in others Chris is much earlier to step on it. E.g. T10, see the huge difference of the points where the guys start applying their throttle:
T10.jpg

Also, I noticed that Chris uses significantly less steering inputs. T1 screenshot shows the moment of about the max steering angle for him, while Bruno's max steering comes after that while already on the throttle (another sign of a too early acceleration mistake) and he's steering for more than 90 degrees at his peak:
T1-Bruno.png

I think this happens because Chris is able to better rotate his car in the first part of the corner. And this is important, if you're steering too much it means you're understeering and scrubbing away your speed.

Basic rule. If you are accelerating 86% of a lap and braking 14% of a lap. More time can be found by making sure your application of acceleration is better over your application of the brakes. This in itself will create a more coasting in to acceleration than hard braking in to acceleration resulting in to a more smoother transition between the two.

To be fair to Bruno, he is running very high rear
wing. Were Criss is running low rear wing.
( I obviously do not know that for certain )
and although you can hardly call it a fast corner
it is still fast enough for downforce, especially at
corner entry phase. So Bruno’s car will resist turning.
Plus some people subconsciously apply throttle
without realising it too. Me for one:(

Early throttle is a generally due to overslowing. You're trying to make up for scrubbing too much speed. Same as delayed throttle is due to carrying too much speed at the apex and not have the front end pointed down the track.

To be fair to Bruno, he is running very high rear
wing. Were Criss is running low rear wing.
( I obviously do not know that for certain )
and although you can hardly call it a fast corner
it is still fast enough for downforce, especially at
corner entry phase. So Bruno’s car will resist turning.
Plus some people subconsciously apply throttle
without realising it too. Me for one:(
I tried to run with a lower rear wing and i can't control the car with less than 6. In the video i was using 8. I'll first work on improving my inputs because 70% of the time i'm losing has nothing to do with the rear wing.

I've been following this thread thinking I am a lot slower than everyone :) is a good idea to use the display showing acceleration and brake I guess its one of the apps on the right hand side
Thanks

I've been following this thread thinking I am a lot slower than everyone :) is a good idea to use the display showing acceleration and brake I guess its one of the apps on the right hand side
Thanks
Maybe you can join us in our weekly race? We could use more drivers. It's the GT3 event this monday: track: Okayama.

Yes, i use it mainly for replay, or checking that i am getting 100% brake and
accelerator action, or i am not running with the brake applied or braking with some
acceleration on.:)
Even a slight amount of brake applied will destroy your lap times.!

No, always off, i like to drive as a man even being slower.

There is a reason for traction and ABS with the Gt3 series.
The really fast drivers have a virtual feel for the world of virtual racing.
it is the main reason that they are so much quicker than us more mortal drivers.
You could argue that we all have it in varying degrees, probably the reason some people
are fast out of the box, where some are just a lot slower. ( that is not a criticism of anyone,
some people are tall and some people are short most are average )
i personally have no feeling at all for the virtual racing world. Trying to control a 500bhp
and sometimes 700nm of Torque available in the Gt3 class is very difficult; take away the
feel that the real world gives you and you have just made it silly difficult for yourself.
So even in the real world of GT3 drivers with all the big advantages of feel that brings,
they still have traction and ABS.
l run with TC turned of as much as i can get “away” with, ABS is always virtually off.
i suggest you do the same.:)

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea