Why am i so slow?

I'm always 3-4 seconds slower than the best times in every circuit

My best time at Bathurst is 2m 09s 500ms
At Paul Ricard is 2m 08s 500ms
(with medium tyres)

I always reach maximum RPM and brake as late as posible, also my racing lines are exactly the same as pole laps onboard videos, does someone has any idea of what am i doing wrong?

Trying to control a 500bhp
and sometimes 700nm of Torque available in the Gt3 class is very difficult ; take away the
feel that the real world gives you and you have just made it silly difficult for yourself.
So even in the real world of GT3 drivers with all the big advantages of feel that brings,
they still have traction and ABS.
It is still perfectly posible to drive without it in the virtual world, you can just memorize the more sensitive areas of the track where the car wants to spin out when at full throttle, and be gentle there with the throttle, that's it. No need to use ABS and TC, that's for grandmas.
IRL they use it because everybody is able to use it, and to don't use it while other drivers are using it, means you will be slower, that's why everybody uses it. They have no option. It reduces the chances of posible spins or wheel locks to almost 0.

Last edited:
Its absurd saying using what the real car has as 'aids' and driving like grandma is stupid. Bruno, in your own words, you want to drive "like a man", so be it. The car has features, in real life for a reason. When you get into the 2:04's "driving like a man", let us know.

GT3's have TC and ABS for a reason. I and many have tried to help you, but it sounds like your prov ado keeps you many seconds behind. But then please quit asking, "why am I so slow".
You're on your own with me.

You wouldn't want me in you race lol I'll give that track a go tomorrow see if I can get to grips with it
Off course I want you to join. It's a lot of fun. I joined just a couple of month's ago and beside the fun you can learn a lot from the other drivers. My learning curve was considerable steepened after I joined.

Its absurd saying using what the real car has as 'aids' and driving like grandma is stupid. Bruno, in your own words, you want to drive "like a man", so be it. The car has features, in real life for a reason. When you get into the 2:04's "driving like a man", let us know.

GT3's have TC and ABS for a reason. I and many have tried to help you, but it sounds like your prov ado keeps you many seconds behind. But then please quit asking, "why am I so slow".
You're on your own with me.
To drive like a man has nothing to do with how fast someone is. For me it's an absurd that FIA allows that kind of computer **** in a race competition, because it basically artificially reduces the performance gap between good and bad drivers, and it isn't fair.

Why? Bad drivers would spin out and lock wheels more times than a good driver without it.

The car has those features IRL because FIA is full of assholes.

Reducing performance gap should be good for competition cause drivers stay in the running for positions longer... I dunno it's weird to say it was good racing when Senna's winning every race of a season by a lap or more.

Reducing performance gap should be good for competition cause drivers stay in the running for positions longer... I dunno it's weird to say it was good racing when Senna's winning every race of a season by a lap or more.
That's ridiculous, the main point of ANY competition is to show how good/skilled you are when compared to other competitors. To reduce the performance gap in a artifficial way kills the main purpose of a competition. If Senna was 1 lap faster than the rest, then there is where he should be. If it is the case, every car on grid should had equal performances. But the controls should be completely manual letting the drivers show their real skills, and not computer assisted.

Go to a first person shooter championship and tell them everybody must use AUTO-AIM to the head hack, or to a strategy game (such as warcraft and starcraft) championship and tell them that everybody must use infinite resources hack...

They will kick your ass!

That's what TC and ABS does.

Last edited:
You should know better than to say what you are saying @Bruno Iwanczuk . Once that statement is said then virtually all competition becomes flawed and most certainly none
are on a level playing field.
i am sure you can come up with a sport that really has a level playing field.

Then start to think about the realities of life and even that becomes a doubtful
statement.

Ironically one of the fairest form of motor sport i can think of is of the virtual racing world.:)

also it’s funny what you say about TC and ABS, i personally always use both when
available, but i am most competitive in older cars that have none of that. The most
difficult, from my point of view, is GT3, i really struggle with this series. TC and ABS
included.;)

also it’s funny what you say about TC and ABS, i personally always use both when
available, but i am most competitive in older cars that have none of that.

Do you know how many times i spun out and locked my wheels on braking and went of track when i were trying to make the video i posted here? Well, many.

Well, it wouldn't happen to an outstanding driver like Chris Down.

Turning on TC and ABS it wouldn't happen to both of us. As i said, it artificially reduces the performance gap.

That's as truth as 2+2=4

I didn't understand the rest of the things you tried to say due to my bad english, sorry.

That's ridiculous, the main point of ANY competition is to show how good/skilled you are when compared to other competitors. To reduce the performance gap in a artifficial way kills the main purpose of a competition. If Senna was 1 lap faster than the rest, then there is where he should be. If it is the case, every car on grid should had equal performances. But the controls should be completely manual letting the drivers show their real skills, and not computer assisted.

Go to a first person shooter championship and tell them everybody must use AUTO-AIM to the head hack, or to a strategy game (such as warcraft and starcraft) championship and tell them that everybody must use infinite resources hack...

They will kick your ass!

That's what TC and ABS does.
What you need to understand is that sim racing is not much about driving skill. It's 80% engineering, 15% videogame physic, 3% is using assist & 2% is driving.

To drive like a man has nothing to do with how fast someone is. For me it's an absurd that FIA allows that kind of computer **** in a race competition, because it basically artificially reduces the performance gap between good and bad drivers, and it isn't fair.

Good f***** grief. That damn FIA allowing cars to develop, how stupid, they suck...
It WAS you that said "I want to drive like a man", then ask why I'm so slow. Well MAN-UP and go faster without aids then, why are you even bothering here.:rolleyes:

Good f***** grief. That damn FIA allowing cars to develop, how stupid, they suck...
It WAS you that said "I want to drive like a man", then ask why I'm so slow. Well MAN-UP and go faster without aids then, why are you even bothering here.:rolleyes:
To "drive like a man" was the way i found to express that i think computer assists are ridiculous.
It has nothing to do with being faster or slower.

Last edited:
That's ridiculous, the main point of ANY competition is to show how good/skilled you are when compared to other competitors. To reduce the performance gap in a artifficial way kills the main purpose of a competition.
But we are talking about a GT3 class car here, a class invented for pay driver racing, with the intend of close racing also for "non-professionals". Those cars have all that "artificial help" in real life, hence drivers are fast with it and even the slower once can keep up and have fun. GT3 class is not meant to show of the absolute best driver, its a class to have fun in and for manufacturers to show of their halo cars.

But we are talking about a GT3 class car here, a class invented for pay driver racing, with the intend of close racing also for "non-professionals". Those cars have all that "artificial help" in real life, hence drivers are fast with it and even the slower once can keep up and have fun. GT3 class is not meant to show of the absolute best driver, its a class to have fun in and for manufacturers to show of their halo cars.

It's also a good development platform for tuning those systems for road cars.

The reason you have so many 500+ HP cars now is due to the advancement of the electronic systems (TC/SC/ABS/eLSD/RWS/advanced TQ management/electronic suspension) and so on.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.