Which VR headset do you use for sim racing poll?

Your IPD will be fine if it's around 64mm
:) just went to optician and my IPD is 64, so I'm fully qualified for one of this :)
Thank you guys for sharing whit us your experience.
Just one question to the owner of Lenovo Explorer (I hope you will understand what I intend to ask)
It is about the hinge and the position of HMD on the nose. In one review on youtube someone complain about the fact that no matter how much you tighten the head mount, some light sneak past the nose. It the hinge strong enough to keep the HMD close to your face?

Just one question to the owner of Lenovo
:) just went to optician and my IPD is 64, so I'm fully qualified for one of this :)
Just one question to the owner of Lenovo Explorer (I hope you will understand what I intend to ask)
It is about the hinge and the position of HMD on the nose. In one review on youtube someone complain about the fact that no matter how much you tighten the head mount, some light sneak past the nose. It the hinge strong enough to keep the HMD close to your face?

I found the hinge pushed the visor to my face perfectly. It was a great fit for me, I had no light leakage issue. I wonder if there's an element of the shape of the head/face of the person that can make a difference and you'll only know if you try for size.

I actually get more light leakage from my HTC Vive around the nose area, and that thing clamps to your face like a vice. And even that's not a big deal really, in use I don't notice it.

@Denis...Bluetooth adapter is only required if using hand controllers.
That powered internal USB card is the best option for VR, since the HDMI and USB cabling split for the headset doesn't allow for wide separation without some type of extension.
OK thanks, I have a 0.5M extension to make my Rift USB reach to the front of my PC tower. Seems like the 2 on the front are the only ones that are USB 3. I'm not happy with picture quality of the Rift though, so I think I'll give the Explorer a try.

It's no money really. and thinking about what DD said above, if it won't run on my machine, I'll sell it on Ebay. People are such muppets on there, wouldn't be surprised if some idiot gives me more than I paid for it - in new condition. :roflmao:
But thanks for the reminder about Bluetooth being for the controllers. I forgot that. :)

While I got the Lenovo I never use the hinge all the way, Just lift up enough to peak out. In the end there are lots of people that broke the hinge.
Got no light leakage by the nose only a little on the sides which was fixed by moving the face cushion in a couple of millimeter
But thanks for the reminder about Bluetooth being for the controllers. I forgot that. :)

Not sure if you can install the software without out having a Bluetooth adapter regardless if you got or want controllers?
You could not one year ago!

While I got the Lenovo I never use the hinge all the way, Just lift up enough to peak out. In the end there are lots of people that broke the hinge.
Got no light leakage by the nose only a little on the sides which was fixed by moving the face cushion in a couple of millimeter

Not sure if you can install the software without out having a Bluetooth adapter regardless if you got or want controllers?
You could not one year ago!
Aw rats. :(

Not a issue to just lift up but there is a lot of stress on the hinge when you flip it all the way to locked position.
And I might just be careful.
Living in Brazil you do not want to brake that hinge as it is difficult to get a new unit here.

I loaded all software...no Bluetooth dongle is required unless you are using controllers. Make certain to select Developer under settings...also make sure to use the driver I listed above if you have Win10 (1803) or later.
Makes a massive difference to stability.
I just reach back and loosen the headset instead of flipping it up. It'll better preserve that hinge and it is easy enough to do.

I can't believe I need nor will I put some throw-back add-on card into my tower, sorry :)
If I need that I will sell the VR when it arrives

I have best Via controller in hub and overall performance is markedly better then the motherboard I have

Is Cable splitting a issue ? I assumed I could run a HDMI extension ?

I have best Via controller in hub and overall performance is markedly better then the motherboard I have

That is just nonsense!
Where do you plug in the hub?
By using a such an antiquated system you a limiting you usb devices to the bandwidth of a single of you MB usb connections.

To extend the HDMI cable you need a very good quality cable and still keep it short.
Best to avoid unless nedded

Nonsense ? how do you know what situation I have
Not all motherboards and hubs are created equal

Have you ever used a "good" Hub
I have used many hubs
Their is absolutely no doubt in my mind which system is better

Using USB ports in tower can be influenced by system re-actions
A powered hub which has a top chip set and self powered doesn't

You think because the lead goes to hub comes from motherboard means there is no difference ? Sorry you wrong unless you talking about some cheap hub

Good Hub chip-sets control all devices power separately where the USB hubs on a motherboard do absolutely nothing to protect equipment ..... and that is why if you short them they easy to blow

With proper hub you could short it out and it will immediately drop power and save damage

Last edited:
Respectfully, if you think today "good" hubs are antiquated you got no idea then ;)

I fail also to see what is antiquated about removing all USB leads from a tower :O_o:

P.S. I only trying to be helpful

Here are just a few of the problems that my hub resolved running lots of devices

Motherboard Hubs:
Mouse and keyboard sometimes slow up
USB external Hardrives sometimes failing to connect
Multiple USB DVD burn failure at least a couple every 50 reel
Problems with sim controllers connect / disconnect

My Hub:
Everything USB is sappier ! :)
Mouse / keyboard not a single pause or drop-out
USB external hardrives and docks never fail to connect and run better
DVD burns ....not a single failure in 500 DVD so far !
Sim controllers no problems

edit: there is another consideration ;)
I like lower end gaming boards because I run stock
Even with 4 front ports I have max 12 ports
If I want more I need to buy a $100 dearer board or buy a little hub

Even then I run 15 USB ports for devices and another as USB3.0 extension lead and I don't want to have to swap things, I have already run out of ports:

1- Keyboard
1- Mouse
1- Logitech wireless for K/B and Mouse #2 ( 1 for Gaming 1 for General use )
2- Headphones ( 1 for Gaming 1 for General both USB )
1- Tablet
1 - iPod
1 - Phone
1- TM Gamepad
1 - CSW
1 -TM T3PA PRO ( with TM adapter )
1 - TM T8HA
1 - LG DVD Burner ( having a whining brick of a DVD in a tower worth thousands to me is counter productive )
1- USB3.0 - Dual Sata Dock
1- USB3.0 - Leveno

1 - USB3.0 - extension lead for USB3.0 thumbdrives to do W10 install and backup/ driver/apps from comfort not jumping up and down like a yoyo :)

I know you thinking how could it do all that ............again you can't compare non- powered or cheap powered hubs to what I got

edit#2:
Another thing is I have more then once caught on a USB lead doing something while moving around tower, especially at front and have almost tore out USB ports
With a hub that won't happen, even if it did somehow the Hub will just move on table and give slack to lead/s

edit #3: lol
Another good reason is I don't need to use the 4 front ports on my Corsair 750D anymore ( that was so messy and used to catch the cables sometimes )
That also gets rid of 1x USB2.0 header and that horrible big blue USB3.0 header you can tuck them away cleaning up things on motherboard / tower a little more ;)

Last edited:
You are still running every USB device of one single USB port from your MB.
And you got horrible usb performance.
coiled-extension-cords.jpg

I assume this is how you power your computer.

hi chaps i received the headset yesterday after it was sent elsewhere :confused:,i cannot get this going in steam vr ,i get error 108 , it works fine walking around the house over the sea in the setup , but dammed if i can get it going in steam . i have tried some of your info in the above posts ,but no luck ,would anyone know what it maybe cheers

hi chaps i received the headset yesterday after it was sent elsewhere :confused:,i cannot get this going in steam vr ,i get error 108 , it works fine walking around the house over the sea in the setup , but dammed if i can get it going in steam . i have tried some of your info in the above posts ,but no luck ,would anyone know what it maybe cheers
Did you install Revive and SteamVR beta?

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.