Which VR headset do you use for sim racing poll?

Similar scenario was happening to me.

First, check on your BIOS and ensure you have USB3.0 legacy mode disabled. This setting may be different depending on the BIOS you are using.
Second, check you are using High Performance energy plan on windows, and inside that energy plan, go to the advanced options and verify on USB settings the USB selective suspend setting is set to Disabled. This ensure there are no energy saving modes on the USB devices you have.
thanks fernando i seen your earlier posts and have tried all that , no luck
Hope this will help.

thanks terry, uninstalled everything and now i am getting an error message when the portal starts

Can be an hardware issue. Had exactly the same problem. Tried almost everything (install and reinstall the portal, new drivers usb + hololens, bought a PCI E Usb, aso...), nothing solved the issue.... got a new unit (replacement) and since everything works fine again.

thanks terry, uninstalled everything and now i am getting an error message when the portal starts up
What is the error code or message?
Did you delete the directories during the uninstall?
During the original disconnect issue was there a message displayed to select Windows+Y to switch from desktop to headset?

yes terry it gives me that message windows + y anyway the pc is just updating itself to version 1809 ,i already thought it was updated , but it had not , been updating for 20 minutes now maybe fixed ,i will let you know

@noel....try to use the onboard USB ports for the WMR headset if possible.
You may have to try different combinations to get rid of the error messages.
Make certain to plug the USB cable in first...before the HDMI.
As an example I have an MSI X470 Gaming Plus, the WMR will give that exact error if I use the two USB 3.1 Gen1 ports labeled as VR ready.
I am plugged into the other non-labeled ...also USB3.1 Gen1 ports and the system is stable as a rock.
I don't understand that one either but I can duplicate the error consistently just by switching the USB cable.
Those USB cards can sometimes be quite problematic....matter of fact, I just sent one back yesterday.
It was an internal powered card but it 'flat-out' refused to recognize anything but a memory stick, directly plugged into it.

• Deleted member 197115

I had this problem when first got my Odyssey
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/wi...ixed-reality#hmd_is_not_found_error_-_code_43
Had to uninstall AsMedia USB driver and let Windows 10 install its own

• Changing your USB controller driver:
    1. Launch Device Manager (run devmgmt.msc).
    2. Expand the category for Universal Serial Bus controllers.
      Right click to uninstall the driver for each item that includes the text "eXtensible Host Controller" and does not have "Microsoft" in the name.
    3. Check "Delete the driver software for this device" to ensure the old drivers are removed.
    4. Check "Delete the driver software for this device" to ensure the old drivers are removed.
    5. You are done when you verify that each item that includes the text "eXtensible Host Controller" has "Microsoft" at the end.
    6. Now you should not see this error when you plug in the HMD.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/wi...ixed-reality#hmd_is_not_found_error_-_code_43

I tried everything listed above with no success.
The final 2 checks I performed were : 1) monitoring my usb ports with another usb 3.0 device to control that they were running at superspeed. All of them were ok. 2) use the Microsoft diagram to determine if the issue came from my laptop (software and/or hardware) or from your headset. These final 2 tests led me to the conclusion that my headset was faulty. Since I've got a new one, everything runs fine again. Note that it's now plugged in my Pci E Usb card (renesas, w10 driver)

thanks guys really appreciate this ,andrew i tried your advice i managed to uninstall the drivers ,but i did not see where to delete drivers , one thing is i can connect the mouse and keyboard to the hub ,and the pedals ,so all other things are connecting , but i am still getting the error messages with the lenovo ,has to be something simple as it was working till i played around with things, iam not very good with pcs:thumbsdown:

Last edited:
@noel....try to use the onboard USB ports for the WMR headset if possible.
You may have to try different combinations to get rid of the error messages.
Make certain to plug the USB cable in first...before the HDMI.
As an example I have an MSI X470 Gaming Plus, the WMR will give that exact error if I use the two USB 3.1 Gen1 ports labeled as VR ready.
I am plugged into the other non-labeled ...also USB3.1 Gen1 ports and the system is stable as a rock.
I don't understand that one either but I can duplicate the error consistently just by switching the USB cable.
Those USB cards can sometimes be quite problematic....matter of fact, I just sent one back yesterday.
It was an internal powered card but it 'flat-out' refused to recognize anything but a memory stick, directly plugged into it.
thanks terry ,there is only one other usb 3 which came with the pc and it is at the front ,so the hdmi want reach the front ,unless i buy a cable , also now after uninstalling and reinstalling the usb drivers the lenovo comes up with the error for the hdm1

i just noticed hololens is labled as the device on the hdmi connection ,is that right i thought it was supposed be lenovo explorer , so uninstalled hololens ,not sure if i have done the right thing though ,still comes up with error

Mine arrived today but it's too hot to try, 40-43+C now and next 3 days :( lol

Followed basic setup, seems okay got to a menu but I was sweating so never left on
So my Hub works okay, relief

Messy at the moment have to re-cable tie the lot and get shorter USB3.0 extension (blue lead ) for headset

The only leads run from my tower: Power cable, Network, USB Hub and 2 Monitors or VR
No K/B mouse they boot to bios from hub no problem
4 USB on Front panel are disconnected and no audio ( 2 sets of USB headphones)

Only bummer GTX1070 only has 1 HDMI and I use it for the 40" TV on end of desk
and gaming monitor is 32' GSync on Display Port

Last edited:
i just noticed hololens is labled as the device on the hdmi connection ,is that right i thought it was supposed be lenovo explorer , so uninstalled hololens ,not sure if i have done the right thing though ,still comes up with error
This is what you should be seeing for the WMR devices in the Device Manager.
WMR_DMP.PNG

What motherboard and case are you using?
Maybe there's an option to add an additional header or powered hub..
In my case the headset seemed rather 'picky' as to what USB ports were used.
Once I found the right combination it worked great, so we have to give you more options to try.

Last edited:
Is it ok, that my HoloLens Sensors have the same driver version as my HMD? So it would look like your first picture on the driver tab for this?

This is what you should be seeing for the WMR devices in the Device Manager.
View attachment 286537
What motherboard and case are you using?
Maybe there's an option to add an additional header or powered hub..
In my case the headset seemed rather 'picky' as to what USB ports were used.
Once I found the right combination it worked great, so we have to give you more options to try.
thanks terry ,i tried to upload a screenshot but it says the file is to big ,but those 2 items are there hololens sensor and lenovo , but sometimes lenovo is not there, i will try and find out what motherboard it is ,the case has glass sides to it and the rest is black motherboard in bios tells me rogstrixz370-f gaming (intel core i7-8700k cpu @3.70 ghz

Last edited:
i also get this now (couldn't start wmr something went wrong with wmr installation on pc ,try uninstall and install again error code 13-11, i also noticed my driver version of holo lens is different to your's 10.0.17763.1069

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back