Which VR headset do you use for sim racing poll?

Similar scenario was happening to me.

First, check on your BIOS and ensure you have USB3.0 legacy mode disabled. This setting may be different depending on the BIOS you are using.
Second, check you are using High Performance energy plan on windows, and inside that energy plan, go to the advanced options and verify on USB settings the USB selective suspend setting is set to Disabled. This ensure there are no energy saving modes on the USB devices you have.

Hope this will help.

Must be other reasons because I have Legacy mode ON, I don't suspend USB and the Headset works

Good quality USB Hubs actually control all USB power better then Windows

But I guess that is nonsense too

Last edited:
It seems to vary from motherboard to motherboard.
On my previous mobo it was definitely the legacy mode that first did not recognize my headset, and second the energy plan that was turning on/off it. Not sure to consider also my previous mobo only supported USB 3.0 while the new one is USB 3.1 capable.

Attachments

• Screenshot (6).png
    Screenshot (6).png
    221.3 KB · Views: 159
Noel I dunno if this maybe too drastic for you but I had all the same problems your experiencing when I first got my Lenovo Explorer, I was at my wits end and considering sending it back. It had sat in its box waiting on me deciding what to do when I added a new SSD to my system and put a fresh copy of Win10 on it, I connected the headset and hey presto its worked fine ever since. I think this problem was either caused by the October update or the build of the Win10 I was using before the fresh instal of Win10 but since then I have had no hiccups at all with it.

Noel I dunno if this maybe too drastic for you but I had all the same problems your experiencing when I first got my Lenovo Explorer, I was at my wits end and considering sending it back. It had sat in its box waiting on me deciding what to do when I added a new SSD to my system and put a fresh copy of Win10 on it, I connected the headset and hey presto its worked fine ever since. I think this problem was either caused by the October update or the build of the Win10 I was using before the fresh instal of Win10 but since then I have had no hiccups at all with it.
thanks david my systems got one of those nvme hard drives. i think that is what they call them , putting windows back and all the other stuff is beyond me ,thanks anyway for the advice mate

What is the error code or message?
Did you delete the directories during the uninstall?
During the original disconnect issue was there a message displayed to select Windows+Y to switch from desktop to headset?
terry i am an idiot , there are 2 usb 3 onboard ports at the back of the pc ,but i tried them both and still get errors ,but i remember i did this maybe that messed everything uphttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JFXyJnP9Q5E

terry i am an idiot , there are 2 usb 3 onboard ports at the back of the pc ,but i tried them both and still get errors ,but i remember i did this maybe that messed everything uphttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JFXyJnP9Q5E
I sent you a link earlier to WMR tv. It details exactly the steps and software. The update should not have messed up your install, if you used the drivers I pointed to earlier. The information about the driver, states it is to be used for later versions of Windows yet the support link points to the early driver.
Leave the HDMI port plugged in and try different USB ports. You may have to restart after plugging into each one since the normal sequence for connecting WMR headsets is USB first and HDMI last.

Last edited:
hi guys i managed to advance forward a bit after watching thishttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OYO2PRqqAF8 so now i can enter setup screen again , my other mistake originally was not connecting the xbox controller from the start ,so now i can enter setup screen properly ,now the problem is i can navigate and teleport around the setup screen ,but as soon as i press the windows button on the x box ,to go to the next part of setup it goes to a big blue screen and shuts down ,any clues from the pain in the b--b

Only bummer GTX1070 only has 1 HDMI and I use it for the 40" TV on end of desk and gaming monitor is 32' GSync on Display Port

RTX 2080 is same only 1 HDMI so I had to grab a DP to HDMI adaptor for the 40"
https://www.officeworks.com.au/shop...playport-to-female-hdmi-adaptor-20cm-codphdad .....and use the RTX's port for the VR would seem right way to do ?

Is there any impact running a monitor with VR
Do you need a new glasses script or are your normal reading ones okay .....:geek: lol

hi chaps guess what i managed to get it going ,i tried david's idea of re-installing w10 and it has worked ,so thanks dave ,my experience with it so far is very good for most sims, it is a totally different experience to single screen you pick up so more things ,like road elevations and braking points , i decided to try single screen again because of the slight blur factor , and omg it looked and felt like crap even with the crisp graphics,so i was straight back to vr
Only problem is now i have run into a problem where i re-installed steam vr ,and it will let me setup the sitting down position ,but when i go to start a game it asks me to do room setup again ,again and again ,i have no motion controllers also ,has anyone else copped this ,it was working before

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back